Early Voting

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

BBYC
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Early Voting

Post by BBYC »

mojo84 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:42 am If you qualify as one of the protected ones, I'm sure they would have accommodated your need for secrecy.
Special Snowflakes
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Paladin »

flechero wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:28 am
Paladin wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:32 am They asked me to recite from memory my entire address out loud in front of a room full of people, when 2 copies of my correct and current address info was in their hand. They did not ask if the info in their hand was current. They did not at any time ask or imply that I had moved.

It is not a normal thing.
If you had someone else's credentials, it may have tripped you up. I wish they'd actually pay attention to the pictures and really verify voters, everywhere... sounds like your precinct was pretty careful.

Another example: I still get the voter registration cards for the lady who used to live in my house... and she's been dead almost 9 yrs. (she should have dropped off the current voter list several times.) If we were dishonest, she could have voted for the last 9 years, as we got the renewal for her DL in the mail a few years back as well. :shock: Not surprising that you hear of dead people voting all the time... because it would be simple to pull off. That's why I'm in favor of strict voter ID laws/procedures.

Now, if they tended to vote R after death, I'd let all of my angst go. :lol:
LOL!

I think she was playing either Colombo and trying to "trip me up" or flirt. I am a big supporter of having a photo ID, because voting using a utility bill for ID after you drove to the polling location is absurd. And if the photo didn't look like me, or the addresses were inconsistent that would be a red flag.

I don't know about the rest of ya'll, but the last thing I need is another female stalker ;-)
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Paladin
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Paladin »

...the only march that counts is the one to the voting booth.

I need you to go to the polls this year and vote for pro-Second Amendment candidates. I need you to get as many fellow gun owners and supporters out to vote on Election Day.
Wayne LaPierre
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Lynyrd »

The little town where our polling place is has a population of 300. There are maybe 1,000-1,500 people total that can vote at that location. Not really sure about the number, but it's a rural area. This morning I got there at 6:30 and I was number 8 in line. When the polls opened at 7:00 there were about 50 people standing in line. When I left at 7:15 there were more than 100 in line and no room to park anywhere. People just arriving were parking in the ditch out on the road.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Return to “Off-Topic”