Early Voting

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

ntexaschl
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Early Voting

Post by ntexaschl »

I voted yesterday at Home Depot. Lines were long, and, the process took about 40 minutes. Inclement weather was apparently no deterrent to voting activity.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Paladin »

Voted today. There was a 20 minute line.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Just voted. There was a line but it moved along quite nicely. Lots of BETO boys in my neighborhood by the looks of things...
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

When I presented my DL and voter registration card, both in good order with my current address on them, the clerk asked me to say my address. She claimed they were trained to ask that very unnecessary question. Did that happen to anyone else or is it just a Dallas County thing where you have to tell everyone in the room what your home address is?
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Pawpaw »

I just voted too, Waited in line maybe 10 minutes.

I selected straight party (R), but then went back and changed my vote for George P. I just can't support him and his plan to ruin the Alamo.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

Paladin wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:22 pm When I presented my DL and voter registration card, both in good order with my current address on them, the clerk asked me to say my address. She claimed they were trained to ask that very unnecessary question. Did that happen to anyone else or is it just a Dallas County thing where you have to tell everyone in the room what your home address is?
Bastrop County. Was asked if I was still at the address on my LTC.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 2

Post by PriestTheRunner »

oljames3 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:31 pm
Paladin wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:22 pm When I presented my DL and voter registration card, both in good order with my current address on them, the clerk asked me to say my address. She claimed they were trained to ask that very unnecessary question. Did that happen to anyone else or is it just a Dallas County thing where you have to tell everyone in the room what your home address is?
Same thing for Henderson county. It seems if you had recently moved you would be able to vote at two locations- your old (still active) card and DL address, and at the new location with a new voter card and some form of the new address.

Apparently Texas counties don't cross-reference their voter rolls. Seems like it would be way easier to do a statewide system linked to your Texas DL or official ID card to vote... but thats just me.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 6

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:46 pm
oljames3 wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:31 pm
Same thing for Henderson county. It seems if you had recently moved you would be able to vote at two locations- your old (still active) card and DL address, and at the new location with a new voter card and some form of the new address.

Apparently Texas counties don't cross-reference their voter rolls. Seems like it would be way easier to do a statewide system linked to your Texas DL or official ID card to vote... but thats just me.
Maybe one could vote at two places but if caught would be charged with a felony.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Pawpaw wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:27 pm I just voted too, Waited in line maybe 10 minutes.

I selected straight party (R), but then went back and changed my vote for George P. I just can't support him and his plan to ruin the Alamo.
Jerry Patterson, a Republican, endorses Democrat Miguel Suazo over George P. Bush

There is no way I could vote for George P. either

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Paladin wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:06 pm
Pawpaw wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:27 pm I just voted too, Waited in line maybe 10 minutes.

Jerry Patterson, a Republican, endorses Democrat Miguel Suazo over George P. Bush

I voted for Jerry in the primary, but he lost. I had forgotten that he supports Suazo, but it's nice to know we're in good company.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

rotor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rotor »

ntexaschl wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 11:07 am I voted yesterday at Home Depot. Lines were long, and, the process took about 40 minutes. Inclement weather was apparently no deterrent to voting activity.
30 minutes today at same location.

mdwarchichoke

Post by mdwarchichoke »

In and out in 20 minutes right before 5 in Arlington!

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Pawpaw wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:22 pm
Paladin wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:06 pm

I voted for Jerry in the primary, but he lost. I had forgotten that he supports Suazo, but it's nice to know we're in good company.
I voted for him in the primary as well.

I can't believe he didn't endorse the Libertarian candidate but then if you read the email from him claiming "shall not be infringed" does not really mean shall not be infringed, you wouldn't be that surprised. After that email I sent him a response saying I would never vote for him again and would remove myself from his email subscription, which I did.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Wolverine

Post by Wolverine »

So far, 14% of the registered voters in Texas have voted early in person, and another 2% by mail.

That's nearly 2 million Texans who voted early. So far.

https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/e ... ct25.shtml
"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty."
III

Setxjeff

Post by Setxjeff »

Voted yesterday. Only 3 people there to vote but the election officials said very big turnout overall for the day.
We still use paper ballets and pencils.
TSRA Member
M1 Garand Collectors Association

Return to “Off-Topic”