Early Voting

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Bruin98
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Early Voting

Post by Bruin98 »

Paladin wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:22 pm When I presented my DL and voter registration card, both in good order with my current address on them, the clerk asked me to say my address. She claimed they were trained to ask that very unnecessary question. Did that happen to anyone else or is it just a Dallas County thing where you have to tell everyone in the room what your home address is?
Must've been your location. I voted in Dallas county this morning and they didn't ask me anything.

No line either at 10am.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Voted this morning before 9am. I was the only one there. (this particular location has been open for a week already. First couple of days, there was a line....)
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

Steve W

Post by Steve W »

They asked me to repeat my address when I used my TDL in Navasota....

cpojoe

Post by cpojoe »

Wife and I voted this morning as soon as the doors opened at 0700 (we were number 2 and 3 in ine) in Dallas. The lady that checked me in read my address off the registration card and asked it that was the correct address.

TrueBlueTexan

Post by TrueBlueTexan »

They just asked me if I still live on Xxxxx Street. I assumed to make sure I didn't move so I get the correct ballot.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Paladin »

Bruin98 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:38 pm
Paladin wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:22 pm When I presented my DL and voter registration card, both in good order with my current address on them, the clerk asked me to say my address. She claimed they were trained to ask that very unnecessary question. Did that happen to anyone else or is it just a Dallas County thing where you have to tell everyone in the room what your home address is?
Must've been your location. I voted in Dallas county this morning and they didn't ask me anything.

No line either at 10am.
Thanks! I have worked elections in Harris county and thought it was a bizarre question.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

mojo84
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mojo84 »

They asked me if the address on my DL is my correct current address. I saw it as making sure I was given the correct ballot. I have no problem with them verifying my information. It was no big deal.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 6

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

mojo84 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:50 am They asked me if the address on my DL is my correct current address. I saw it as making sure I was given the correct ballot. I have no problem with them verifying my information. It was no big deal.
:iagree:

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:18 am
mojo84 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:50 am They asked me if the address on my DL is my correct current address. I saw it as making sure I was given the correct ballot. I have no problem with them verifying my information. It was no big deal.
They asked me to recite from memory my entire address out loud in front of a room full of people, when 2 copies of my correct and current address info was in their hand. They did not ask if the info in their hand was current. They did not at any time ask or imply that I had moved.

It is not a normal thing.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Paladin wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:32 am
They asked me to recite from memory my entire address out loud in front of a room full of people, when 2 copies of my correct and current address info was in their hand. They did not ask if the info in their hand was current. They did not at any time ask or imply that I had moved.

She read my address and asked if it was my current and correct address. I said yes and she gave me my slip so I could vote. Did the same to my wife on a different day. May be more normal than you realize. I've noticed little changes in processes and procedures just about every time I vote.

Your address is public record if you own your home.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

mojo84 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:46 am

She read my address and asked if it was my current and correct address. I said yes and she gave me my slip so I could vote. Did the same to my wife on a different day. May be more normal than you realize. I've noticed little changes in processes and procedures just about every time I vote.

Having a home address (PII) as public record is also a major security issue.
Personal safety

In some professions, it is dangerous for a person's identity to become known, because this information might be exploited violently by their enemies; for example, their enemies might hunt them down or kidnap loved ones to force them to cooperate. For this reason, the United States Department of Defense (DoD) has strict policies controlling release of PII of DoD personnel.[35] Many intelligence agencies have similar policies, sometimes to the point where employees do not disclose to their friends that they work for the agency.

Similar identity protection concerns exist for witness protection programs, women's shelters, and victims of domestic violence and other threats.

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WTR »

Heck in NM you just need to give them a name and if is on their roll you are allowed to vote! No proof of ID required.

flechero

Post by flechero »

Paladin wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:32 am They asked me to recite from memory my entire address out loud in front of a room full of people, when 2 copies of my correct and current address info was in their hand. They did not ask if the info in their hand was current. They did not at any time ask or imply that I had moved.

If you had someone else's credentials, it may have tripped you up. I wish they'd actually pay attention to the pictures and really verify voters, everywhere... sounds like your precinct was pretty careful.

Another example: I still get the voter registration cards for the lady who used to live in my house... and she's been dead almost 9 yrs. (she should have dropped off the current voter list several times.) If we were dishonest, she could have voted for the last 9 years, as we got the renewal for her DL in the mail a few years back as well. :shock: Not surprising that you hear of dead people voting all the time... because it would be simple to pull off. That's why I'm in favor of strict voter ID laws/procedures.

Now, if they tended to vote R after death, I'd let all of my angst go. :lol:

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Paladin wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:58 am
mojo84 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:46 am

Having a home address (PII) as public record is also a major security issue.
Personal safety

In some professions, it is dangerous for a person's identity to become known, because this information might be exploited violently by their enemies; for example, their enemies might hunt them down or kidnap loved ones to force them to cooperate. For this reason, the United States Department of Defense (DoD) has strict policies controlling release of PII of DoD personnel.[35] Many intelligence agencies have similar policies, sometimes to the point where employees do not disclose to their friends that they work for the agency.

Similar identity protection concerns exist for witness protection programs, women's shelters, and victims of domestic violence and other threats.
If you qualify as one of the protected ones, I'm sure they would have accommodated your need for secrecy. Otherwise, your home address is public info if you own your home.

rotor

Post by rotor »

The lady working the voting area is a friend and she still asks me if my address is correct. I see her every time I vote.

Return to “Off-Topic”