Stopping the invasion?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bdgyeah
Posts in topic: 1

Stopping the invasion?

Post by bdgyeah »

This an invasion question, not an immigration question. In a couple of weeks, Texas will be invaded by 7000 people from Central and South America and God knows where else for whatever reason. It may be a valid reason for some, but I find it hard to believe it is valid for the super majority. The Texas border is the front line. Why aren't Texans taking this personal? It's painfully obvious that the Fed Gov't isn't taking enough action in an expeditious manner. So why aren't Law abiding Texans taking a stand? I know this is a gun forum and I'm not saying taking action with weapons. But taking a lesson from the Democrats, if someone told me that there was a gathering of US citizen/Texans at the border to stop the mass crossing, maybe block the ports of entry by doing a sit in on the streets, or doing some sort of non-violent show of force, I would be there. I'm tired of seeing people use and subvert the laws of our nation and nothing being done about it.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Stopping the invasion?

Post by Jusme »

bdgyeah wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:55 pm This an invasion question, not an immigration question. In a couple of weeks, Texas will be invaded by 7000 people from Central and South America and God knows where else for whatever reason. It may be a valid reason for some, but I find it hard to believe it is valid for the super majority. The Texas border is the front line. Why aren't Texans taking this personal? It's painfully obvious that the Fed Gov't isn't taking enough action in an expeditious manner. So why aren't Law abiding Texans taking a stand? I know this is a gun forum and I'm not saying taking action with weapons. But taking a lesson from the Democrats, if someone told me that there was a gathering of US citizen/Texans at the border to stop the mass crossing, maybe block the ports of entry by doing a sit in on the streets, or doing some sort of non-violent show of force, I would be there. I'm tired of seeing people use and subvert the laws of our nation and nothing being done about it.
I have been thinking the same thing. I have been considering, arming up, and volunteering, to stand firm. Though, I am not a soldier, nor ever served, in the military, this is my country, and I would be a hypocrite, not to at least make myself available, for duty, to defend her.
I feel sure, that there are others, mobilizing, to do the same, but are not announcing their presence, on social media, or notifying the MSM.

I have never been one to stand around, and say " Someone should do something" I go do something. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

In no particular order:

Trade with Mexico.

Aid to Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador.

Blacklist Mexican companies providing transportation (that's a long walk).

Army on standby.

LRAD.

Razor wire.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 3

Post by RoyGBiv »

Would take some money and logistics to support a large group opposing the caravan, but it would make quite a statement. I'd gladly volunteer my time to help a well organized, law-abiding effort.

What would Soros next move be if 20,000 Americans showed up in opposition to his invasion?
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

It looks like Willa will be coming to play, with the invaders. Vicante will be joining for re-enforcements.

I see a lot of mud in their future, Maybe a few dampened spirits.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Beiruty

Post by Beiruty »

What will do the State of Texas, would it call the National Guard to protect its border?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

What most folks don't know is that Texas, AZ, NM, and CA already have "troops on the border." Do an internet search for "joint counterdrug task force." I did not memorize which states have a Joint Counterdrug Task Force, but many others do.

The Posse Comitatus Act is a United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385, original at 20 Stat. 152) signed on June 18, 1878 by President Rutherford B. Hayes. It seeks to prevent the use of military forces as police. JCTF personnel don't perform law enforcement duties, but rather serve in support roles, thus freeing sworn officers from admin or surveillance duties, allowing them to concentrate on law enforcement.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Beiruty wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:08 am What will do the State of Texas, would it call the National Guard to protect its border?
That is one option, there are already several guardsmen on the border now. Texas also has the DPS, Rangers, Game Wardens, and several task forces that can be put in place to backup Border Patrol, ICE, and defend the border.
If this convoy, isn't stopped, before it reaches the border, I fear, it could get real ugly. The left, is desperately hoping, someone gets shot, trying to invade, to boost their agenda. It would be an even bigger coup, if it is a woman, or a child. They are willing to sacrifice the lives, of these people.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Sounds like time to deploy the Texas State Guard
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Abraham
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Abraham »

Caravan - a Soros plot to disrupt the election as President Trump will have to back up his words with the military making him look the bad old wolf in the eyes of 'some' of the electorate? 'Some' of course being lefties, thus calling on military assistance won't amount to any damage as far as Conservative/Patriotic Americans are concerned.

Deitz83

Post by Deitz83 »

All I know is that this is not right :banghead: . Someone is providing food, water and toilet paper too these people. As, for a mass protest at the boarder. It would only give the media more tools to focus on. Make American look like the bad guy throughout the world. Just have buses waiting to take them back. Wait it out like the Khasoggi, assassination and there will be a another news story to focus on. Like who won and did not win the election. All I, see if you have money and power, there is no problem a person can not buy their way out of.

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

We need to change the law here. Make it a crime to cross our border at any point other than a designated port of entry. Period. Punishment for violating that law is immediate deportation and a ban on ever immigrating to the U.S. for any reason, including asylum or any other claim. Canada will not let anyone into their country if that person has ever been convicted of a DUI. We would simply treat illegal border crossing the same way. If someone shows up at a designated port of entry and claims asylum, they will be given a court date, and will be instructed to go back into Mexico, or Canada, or wherever, while they await their court appearance.

The ultimate fix to all immigration issues will come as our economy continues to improve. We currently have 7 million unfilled job openings, most of them unskilled. Make that 15 or 20 million and the cry for workers to fill those jobs will drown out anyone who wants to restrict immigration. If the Republicans win the mid-terms, that will happen. And the Democrats will no longer have one of their key issues. So the Democrats will continue to do everything they possibly can to make sure that our immigration issues are never fixed.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Stop the invasion by caravan? MOAB.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

sugar land dave.

Post by sugar land dave. »

Did anybody here like the video of the swarming crowd tearing down the border fences at the southern Mexico border? Did you see any significant Mexican force there to deter them? If a bad guy is out to rob you, do words generally stop him except in the twisted make believe world of TV and movies? These are people out to rob our country of our tax resources, our medical benefits originally bulit up for senior baby boomers, and housing built and meant for our poor citizens. They are nothing short of an invading force seeking to take territory and assets by a supposedly passive method. If countries cannot invade us with weapons they will do so by attempting to get people here to intermarry, thus you have a "soft" invasion. I guess that might be similar to being robbed by a pickpocket, but your money is still gone.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I know what would work but it's not politically correct to say and would probably get me flamed and scolded by the mods. Therefore, I will not share those thoughts here.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Return to “Off-Topic”