Stopping the invasion?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

jollyman
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Stopping the invasion?

Post by jollyman »

Here is an old quote by Tomas Borge, Interior Minister of Nicaragua during the Reagan administration, IIRC.

"We have Nicaragua, soon we will have El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras and Mexico. One day, tomorrow, or five years, or fifteen years from now we are going to take five to ten million Mexicans and they are going to have one thing on their mind - cross the border, go into Dallas, go into El Paso, go into Houston, go into New Mexico, go into San Diego and each one has embedded in his mind the killing of ten Americans."

And J. Edgar Hover said many years ago, "You can trust the communists - to do exactly as they say."
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not." -- Thomas Jefferson

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

Cooper and Jones are floating the idea Trump is the one paying for the invasion. http://www.breitbart.com/video/2018/10/ ... ssion=true
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

DEB

Post by DEB »

I believe the best way to stop illegal immigration is to heavily fine any employer hiring an illegal, and I mean a heavy fine. Also, fine anyone renting to an illegal. No jobs or housing and they will remain where they are from. This could also be a Federal Law to bypass those states like California and New Mexico.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

jason812
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jason812 »

mojo84 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:41 am I know what would work but it's not politically correct to say and would probably get me flamed and scolded by the mods. Therefore, I will not share those thoughts here.
Me too...
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

WTR
Banned

Post by WTR »

DEB wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:20 pm I believe the best way to stop illegal immigration is to heavily fine any employer hiring an illegal, and I mean a heavy fine. Also, fine anyone renting to an illegal. No jobs or housing and they will remain where they are from. This could also be a Federal Law to bypass those states like California and New Mexico.
Don’t kid yourself. TX is just as bad in some areas.

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Beiruty »

Lay mines and double barbed wires. Like the rest of the world do. Do you think the border between NK is SK is protected with a low ranch fence? Or any other country for that matter.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

DEB wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:20 pm I believe the best way to stop illegal immigration is to heavily fine any employer hiring an illegal, and I mean a heavy fine. Also, fine anyone renting to an illegal. No jobs or housing and they will remain where they are from. This could also be a Federal Law to bypass those states like California and New Mexico.
Knowingly. OK.

The devil is in the proving.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God." (Title 10, US Code; Act of 5 May 1960)
To my way of thinking, that says it all. :patriot:
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

sugar land dave.

Post by sugar land dave. »

How about an emergency executive order cutting military base total populace by 10 percent. Offer reassignment to the space force bases to be located in southern us states, coincidentally very near the Mexican border. Do not give federsl government contracts to businesses located or headquartered in sanctuary cities or states, whichever is necessary to accomplish the savings necessary to reimburse the states that follow proper citizen security enforcement. Maybe it should be called the citizens security enforcement act, executive order, etcetera.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Long time ago some students were protesting ROTC at their University.

If I remember the national guard was called in to protect the campus building from damage by the protestors. It was on high ground with a big commons below right in the center of campus.

The large group of protesters were chanting carrying banners heading toward the line of armed national guard soldiers. Maybe some in the back threw stones. Tear gas was fired. The national guard was way out numbered.

Someone said “fire”. A few moments later 4 students were dead. Many were just walking to class and were not part of the protest.

Crosby Stills Nash and Young wrote a song Four Dead in Ohio. It reached number one. It became the rallying cry against the war in Viet Nam. President Nixon was blamed and he had nothing to do with it.

This has to be handled with great care and with out violence, or I see a repeat.

If not, trust me the first person to die will be a mom holding a baby and it will all be recorded by future Pullitizer Prize winners. The image of a young college girl weeping at the body of her dead friend at Kent State did win the Pulitzer Prize.

http://100photos.time.com/photos/john-p ... -shootings
Last edited by philip964 on Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

sugar land dave.

Post by sugar land dave. »

Sonic sound wall, low output microwave crowd control vehicle. Why did taxpayers fund research and development of these techs if they were not really going to be used? Does national political correctness mean we have to ask Invaders pretty please not to?

surferdaddy

Post by surferdaddy »

I took an oath many years ago... if called upon I will defend.

-surfer
CHL/LTC instructor
NRA basic pistol/home firearm safety instructor.

flechero

Post by flechero »

This has to be handled with great care and with out violence, or I see a repeat.
That's going to be tough... thousands rushing the border, how do you stop them with out a wall and without force? Even a human chain will be rushed- they have no regard for laws, so why would they care about right or wrong? They are after their entitlement. :banghead:

I fear there is no good way to handle this. My hope is that the blisters and sore feet win and they eventually give up. I'd be fine with force, to whatever extent needed to prevent entry. The crowds would stop trying to get in if there were more than a traffic ticket's worth of risk, that they will skip out on, anyway.

swilkes

Post by swilkes »

We need to do something, seems like I heard there was another group starting to march from Venezuela.. or Guatemala.

Return to “Off-Topic”