Pittsburgh synagogue shooting

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

orangetx
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Pittsburgh synagogue shooting

Post by orangetx »

This is going to be a hate crime shooting. Racially motivated with him yelling All Jews must die.
Horrible crime and just flat out stupidity on this clown.
May these families find peace in this tragic event.
Who’s interrupting my Kung Fu?!

philip964
Posts in topic: 9

Post by philip964 »

So horrible.

Apparently a Nazi. Shouted "All Jews must die"

Three police officers wounded.

Sounded like they arrived on the scene not security at the Synagogue.

Pennsylvania is a shall issue state.

No mention if the synagogue had any security or armed worshipers.

Terrible. RIP

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Makes me wonder if the main stream news will finally denounce Louis Farrakhan.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 789001002/

Trump says armed security would have changed outcome, not gun laws.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/10 ... rrel-hill/

11 dead

Had an AR15 and two handguns.

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

Maxine Waters, Hillary and Holder have called for violence and they got it!!

What has our country become??
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

In our current environment of wackos run amok if your house of worship doesn't allow you to carry, it's time to change houses!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

G26ster
Posts in topic: 4

Post by G26ster »

philip964 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:16 pm https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/10 ... rrel-hill/

11 dead

Had an AR15 and two handguns.
And of course the FBI agent in charge called it an "assault rifle" at the last news conference. Please, please, please, will anyone ask these people what military in the world issues the AR 15 to its combat troops? None! It should be the first question to anyone who uses the term assault rifle to describe an AR15. But nobody asks. :banghead:

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

The synagogue in Pittsburgh had three services on-going, over a hundred worshipers on-site and did NOT have any armed security - and so it was a soft target.

The FBI special agent in charge said in a presser that the assailant used an "assault rifle". 4 officers were injured, perhaps not all wounded by gunfire but the first on scene were definitely shot.

FOX news interviewed a Jewish former Obama administration high level State Department official originally from Pittsburg and whose parents still live in Pittsburg and belong to that Synagogue. The interviewee, in his second appearance, was clearly straining not to start spewing partisan talking points relating to specific left wing dogma such as background checks, gun control, and right wing extremists but to his credit he seemed to be able to keep a civil lid on it...at least for today.

We quit a Temple here in Dallas that posted 30.06 (but does have armed off duty DPD officers most of the time , at least for event programming and services) and moved to one where there is only 30.07 and armed security most all the time. I was even challenged entering recently as my magazine carrier was apparently printing. :coolgleamA:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://heavy.com/news/2018/10/robert-bowers/

This is saying he had an LTC.

I hope it’s wrong.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

It's reported that he was extremely antisemitic, and did not have any party affiliation. He also supposedly stated he did not vote for Pres Trump
In a post a few days before the shooting, Bowers wrote, “Trump is a globalist, not a nationalist. There is no #MAGA as long as there is a k*** infestation. #Qanon is here to get patriots that were against martial law in the 90’s to be ones begging for it now to drain muh swamp. But go ahead and keep saying you are #Winning.” That same day, Bowers wrote, “amazing amount of division on gab today. glas the overwhelming jew problem has been solved so we can now fight with each other.” In another message, Bowers wrote of Trump, “For the record, I did not vote for him nor have I owned, worn or even touched a maga hat.” Bowers is a registered voter but is unaffiliated. Online records show that Bowers had no criminal record in the state of Pennsylvania.
https://heavy.com/news/2018/10/robert-bowers/
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Jusme
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jusme »

philip964 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:35 pm https://heavy.com/news/2018/10/robert-bowers/

This is saying he had an LTC.

I hope it’s wrong.
This guy was a nut. He had just flown under the radar. A Holocost denier, anti-semite, and an anti-Trumper, blaming Trump for supporting Israel. The left will have a hard time blaming Trump for this, but don't despair, they are working on their narrative. I'm sure, CNN, MSNBC, etc, are already trying to find a way, to lay this on, Trump, the NRA, Israel, the Republicans, gun owners, gun manufacturers, and anyone else, who they can spin as responsible.

Of course there will be no admission, that armed security, or private citizens, may have prevented, the killings, or at least, reduced the number of victims. The gun will be the villain.

Prayers sent for those wounded, and the families and friends, of those killed.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

MaduroBU
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MaduroBU »

It worries me that unhinged people can creep along until something snaps them. The Rage of the Random Actor is moving up in my reading list.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jusme »

MaduroBU wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:54 pm It worries me that unhinged people can creep along until something snaps them. The Rage of the Random Actor is moving up in my reading list.
This is not a new phenomenon. The University of Texas shooter, in the 60s fit into this category. There may be no, or very few indicators, to look back at, and see it coming. It is easier, to look back, at things, in today's world of social media, to reconstruct a pattern of behavior, but, there are several people, who leave behind, no clues, that they would be one of these, people. I don't know that there is any way to prevent this type of atrocity, but, even, crazy people, have an aversion, to possibly, being stopped, before they can complete, whatever demented, mission, they undertake. I would not be surprised, to learn, that this guy, was very much aware, of this particular Synogogue's security measures, their policy/regulations regarding the carry of firearms, etc.

I carry, every Sunday at church, a small town, Methodist Church, with no history, of any violent events. I don't carry, because I am afraid, of any of the congregation, or even others who live in town. I carry, because, I can't know the hearts, and minds, of those people, or any outsiders. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Return to “Off-Topic”