LTC Not Accepted at Polling Location

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 7

Re: LTC Not Accepted at Polling Location

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

PBR wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:33 pm I had pulled my LTC out and was going to use it but then they never asked for any id. Just took my voter card and that was it. Never seen them ask anyone for id while was there and voting.
That is similar to what I experienced in the 20116 Presidential election. I was all ready to show my ID and they did not ask for it. The recent election they did request ID.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 6

Post by oljames3 »

LucasMcCain wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:01 pm
rotor wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:43 pm
LucasMcCain wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 1:24 pm I use my LTC as ID pretty much any time I can. It's good to let people know that the friendly, polite, normal person they are talking to is a progun person. The only way we can make good impressions for the progun community and try to challenge the narrative being pushed by the leftists is if people know who we are. Using your LTC for ID is a simple, common, non-confrontational way to do this.

This idea that "anyone who draws any attention to the fact that they carry a gun is just out for attention" is small-minded, and perpetuating it is damaging to our cause. If you don't feel comfortable with people knowing you carry, that's fine. You do you. However, shaming people for making a different decision because they actually care enough to put themselves out there a little to try to help the cause is wrong. They're doing what you won't to try to change hearts and minds and affect public perception.
So, do you open carry most of the time?
I do. There are times that I choose to conceal, such as at church or in businesses that don't post signs but are known to be antigun. Most of the time I open carry, for the same reasons I referenced. I have thus far had no particularly negative contacts. I have had a ton of positive ones, including some with people that clearly didn't know much about gun laws or carrying and were not decided on their opinion of guns in general. I have really enjoyed being an ambassador for gun rights and the progun movement. I know it's not for everybody, and it certainly requires a higher degree of situational awareness when out and about, but I have found it to be effective and enjoyable.
:iagree:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

BSHII
Posts in topic: 1

Post by BSHII »

When I got to the head of the line Tuesday, I couldn’t find my DL in my wallet, so I used my LTC. The poll worker asked for my DL because, as with you, they can’t just scan the LTC, but I explained that I had lost it. They were able to look me up manually, though. The poll worker asked the election judge whether the LTC was valid voter ID, and he said yes.

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 1

Post by PriestTheRunner »

PBR wrote: Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:33 pm I had pulled my LTC out and was going to use it but then they never asked for any id. Just took my voter card and that was it. Never seen them ask anyone for id while was there and voting.
This needs to be reported to the Attorney General. They are violating state law.

Return to “Off-Topic”