RGB fell down and broke ribs. Again.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Rafe
Posts in topic: 5

Re: RGB fell down and broke ribs. Again.

Post by Rafe »

E10 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:09 pm
Rafe wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:46 pm Wait.

What?

There are 21-year-old cowboys who drink Old Milwaukee? ;-)
21-year-old cowboys drink anything containing more than 3.1% alcohol.
:thumbs2: Touche!
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ELB »

bblhd672 wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:11 pm Balance is difficult when drinking. At least that's what I hear. :biggrinjester:

Apparently drinking also affects the ability to s awake during State of the Union speeches by POTUS.

There is certainly more evidence of alcoholism currently affecting RGB than was ever presented against Kavanaugh...
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ELB »

AndyC wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:42 am I read a report yesterday which said that Ginsburg informed her clerks that her cancer had resurfaced - that's awful if true:

https://www.smobserved.com/story/2018/1 ... /3658.html

I find this...interesting...
She has told key Democratic members of the Senate about her medical condition, including ranking Democratic member of the Judiciary Committee Dianne Feinstein.
USAF 1982-2005

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

AndyC wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:42 am I read a report yesterday which said that Ginsburg informed her clerks that her cancer had resurfaced - that's awful if true:

I would like her off the bench, but I don't wish her that kind of trouble.
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

ELB wrote: Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:54 am

I find this...interesting...
She has told key Democratic members of the Senate about her medical condition, including ranking Democratic member of the Judiciary Committee Dianne Feinstein.
It makes sense. She's giving the Democrats as much time to prepare to oppose anybody Trump is going to nominate.

I hate cancer. I'm sorry she's battling it.
Psalm 91:2

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Barring something crazy, Trump should easily win re-election in 2020. As long as the House Dems follow through with their plan to launch investigations that make the Kavanaugh hearings look calm and professional by comparison, the Republicans will retake the house and further extend their senate majority.

So Trump should get at least 2 more SC picks before he is done.

rotor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rotor »

I am surprised the report said melanoma recurrence (which is bad) and not pancreatic (which is very bad). I am really surprised that she is alive now with a history of pancreatic cancer. Everyone was so sure that HRC was going to win that RBG apparently felt that she could continue on with the court and retire and let HRC appoint a new justice. One really has to say that McConnell took a tremendous role in all of this by first not allowing Garland to be voted on as had HRC won we would have had a real lefty nominated to the court. I predict RBG will be off the court during Trump's term, another conservative will be appointed and this and the other federal judges put in by Trump will be his legacy.

PriestTheRunner

Post by PriestTheRunner »

rotor wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:22 pm I am surprised the report said melanoma recurrence (which is bad) and not pancreatic (which is very bad). I am really surprised that she is alive now with a history of pancreatic cancer. Everyone was so sure that HRC was going to win that RBG apparently felt that she could continue on with the court and retire and let HRC appoint a new justice. One really has to say that McConnell took a tremendous role in all of this by first not allowing Garland to be voted on as had HRC won we would have had a real lefty nominated to the court. I predict RBG will be off the court during Trump's term, another conservative will be appointed and this and the other federal judges put in by Trump will be his legacy.
And when the Dems retake in 2020 or 2024 and try to pack the senate with 15 justices? What happens then?

Based on the behaviour of the left, thats where my money is when the next Dem president is elected...

rotor
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rotor »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:32 pm
rotor wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:22 pm I am surprised the report said melanoma recurrence (which is bad) and not pancreatic (which is very bad). I am really surprised that she is alive now with a history of pancreatic cancer. Everyone was so sure that HRC was going to win that RBG apparently felt that she could continue on with the court and retire and let HRC appoint a new justice. One really has to say that McConnell took a tremendous role in all of this by first not allowing Garland to be voted on as had HRC won we would have had a real lefty nominated to the court. I predict RBG will be off the court during Trump's term, another conservative will be appointed and this and the other federal judges put in by Trump will be his legacy.
And when the Dems retake in 2020 or 2024 and try to pack the senate with 15 justices? What happens then?

Based on the behaviour of the left, thats where my money is when the next Dem president is elected...
You may be right so we must keep at least one side republican to prevent legislation allowing it.

Return to “Off-Topic”