Proposed: Texas require all motorists to carry yellow safety vests in their vehicles

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
warnmar10
Posts in topic: 5

Proposed: Texas require all motorists to carry yellow safety vests in their vehicles

Post by warnmar10 »

Normally I am skeptical of state mandates but I'm starting to recognize the benefit of yellow vests for safety... Thoughts?

spectre
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Proposed: Texas require all motorists to carry yellow safety vests in their vehicles

Post by spectre »

There's no law prohibiting motorists from carrying yellow safety vests in their vehicles already if they want.

I think public safety would be enhanced much, much more by passing legislation to repeal 46.035 and also exempting LTC from 46.03 same as cops on vacation.
I'm in a good place right now
Not emotionally or financially
But I am at the gun store

ELB

Re: Proposed: Texas require all motorists to carry yellow safety vests in their vehicles

Post by ELB »

Trolling Macron?
USAF 1982-2005

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 1

Post by crazy2medic »

Ya never know when a riot will break out and you'll want to join!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

montgomery

Post by montgomery »

This is not the UK. This is not California either. I do not need another mother trying to keep me safe.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

My last drive in Germany our rental car was equipped 5 yellow vests in the door pockets. We passed an accident on the Autobaun and all pedestrians out side of their cars were wearing these yellow vests. I guess it’s a German law.

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

If you want them, buy them. Don't mandate that I buy them. If you want to be safeR, that's your decision. Let everyone else decide for themselves. I would compare that to the motorcycle helmet law versus the seat belt law. The two when put side by side don't make any sense.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Lynyrd wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:01 pm If you want them, buy them. Don't mandate that I buy them. If you want to be safeR, that's your decision. Let everyone else decide for themselves. I would compare that to the motorcycle helmet law versus the seat belt law. The two when put side by side don't make any sense.
Seatbelts save lives, I’m not sure about motorcycle helmets.

Brain surgeon friend seems to feel they only allow open caskets at the funeral.

I like people wearing seatbelts. If I make a driving error, less likely some one will be seriously injured.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:43 pm
Lynyrd wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:01 pm If you want them, buy them. Don't mandate that I buy them. If you want to be safeR, that's your decision. Let everyone else decide for themselves. I would compare that to the motorcycle helmet law versus the seat belt law. The two when put side by side don't make any sense.
Seatbelts save lives, I’m not sure about motorcycle helmets.

Brain surgeon friend seems to feel they only allow open caskets at the funeral.

I like people wearing seatbelts. If I make a driving error, less likely some one will be seriously injured.
I am kind of surprised to read that a brain surgeon would say that. Usually they say the helmets prevent brain injury. The vast majority of motorcycle accidents happen a low speed and bonking your head is what kills in these accidents.

A couple years back I was hit and miss with a helmet. Then one evening I had an accident going around 40 mph. Happened to be wearing a helmet that evening. I ended up with a pretty serious lower spine injury and from the front of the helmet to the middle, there was a gash of about six inches. What ever it was that caused the gash would have split my head wide open if I had not had a helmet on.

Topic author
warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

crazy2medic wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:48 pm Ya never know when a riot will break out and you'll want to join!
That's my thinking too. The fact a government mandated 'uniform' is the symbol of the protest is delicious irony, no?

PBratton

Post by PBratton »

too much regulation. Probably backed by the yellow safety vest lobby.
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

Topic author
warnmar10

Post by warnmar10 »

Sadly, now that yellow vests are forever more associated with protest, every two bit anarchist or klantifa will be donning yellow vests. But imagine the doody cramps our betters and their bureaucrats might enjoy if suddenly demand for yellow vests meant Amazon and Walmart couldn't keep them in stock.

orionengnr

Post by orionengnr »

Yeah, while we're at it, mandate that everyone carry 6 safety flares, you know, just in case....
And a hard hat and a set of safety glasses. Just in case.
And a safety snakebite kit. Because, you never know.
And a case of safety bottled water. Because...well, you know....it's for the children.

See how quickly that slope becomes slippery?

How about we pass a law that says that any legislator who votes to pass an unconstitutional law is imprisoned for life without possibility of parole?
Yeah, I'm on board... :lol:

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

I’m pretty sure wearing a yellow vest would now make you a member of a criminal street gang. People don’t just wear yellow vests to the dump. They put them in their car for the purposes of firebombing and spray painting monuments...duh.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Return to “Off-Topic”