Possible threat toward Texas Churches

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Grundy1133
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Possible threat toward Texas Churches

Post by Grundy1133 »

all texas churches or just in amarillo?
NRA Member

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

Grundy1133 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:28 am all texas churches or just in amarillo?
"non-specific". Keep your heads on a swivel today. Actually everyday.
N5PNZ

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Grundy1133 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:28 am all texas churches or just in amarillo?
The story states all Texas, not just Amarillo.

Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Thanks for the post... I just alerted all of the members of our church who are CHL. We're very small, and haven't set any security policies in place yet, but fortunately very aware of the evil that lurks out there. Our Counsel has 5 members, 4 are CHL as well as our Pastor and a few other members of our congregation that we have so far identified.... On any given Sunday there are at least 3 armed men in service... Our first meeting for 2019 will include church security and establishing possible trained medical first responders. We are already looking into a cardiac kit and trauma kit as the majority of our congregation are elderly.....

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Nothing violent happened in mine today while we were there.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

Apparently the Hutchinson County sheriff copied the alert from another sheriff’s Facebook, not directly from FBI. Yeah everyone should be sending out alerts based upon things they see on Facebook. :banghead:
please read my first comment. I was sent this from another Sheriff and it was copied. I did not receive from the F. B. I. as stated by the news media.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

bblhd672 wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:05 pm Apparently the Hutchinson County sheriff copied the alert from another sheriff’s Facebook, not directly from FBI. Yeah everyone should be sending out alerts based upon things they see on Facebook. :banghead:
please read my first comment. I was sent this from another Sheriff and it was copied. I did not receive from the F. B. I. as stated by the news media.
I agree that broadcasting non-specific threats has limited value. OTOH, it is very easy to become complacent in this holiday season. Many churches, ours included yesterday, have more than the usual numbers in the congregations, may have special music and kids participating and are rightfully focused on preparations for the coming celebration. We know from experience that opportunists seek moments of inattention to strike their targets. The important message, at least for me, is to remember that a church can be a target. Situational awareness should not take a holiday. I view the alert as a PSA.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

AndyC wrote: Sun Dec 16, 2018 9:21 am by Lia Kamana Saturday, December 15th 2018
AMARILLO, Texas (KVII) — According to the Hutchinson County Sheriff's Office, there is a possible threat toward Texas churches.

The Sheriff's Office says it received information early Saturday from the FBI about the possible threat. Currently, the threat appears to be broad based, non-specific, and not directed toward any particular church, denomination or location.
https://ktxs.com/news/texas/possible-th ... s-churches
Deep East Texas here. We also took extra vigilent precautions. Sherriffs from surrounding counties here added patrols to country church areas. Ours has a Safety Plan. We have a "Safe Room" and We do drills on at least 6 month intervals. Sometimes more often.
No incident and that is the way we want it.

Edit. I am ashamed :banghead: We had our missionary from Haiti that our church supports. Orphanage there. She came and gave a report on the work there. I did not preach. Christmas carols, here report and a lady that has been coming close to 2 yrs got saved. Thank You Lord Jesus. The Word of God is true Luke 19:10.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Return to “Off-Topic”