Texas’ New Hipsters Threaten the Very Environment That Lured Them There

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 2

Post by bblhd672 »

https://www.thedailybeast.com/texas-new ... e?ref=home
“What is our message? “asks Austin-based GOP consultant Kevin Shuvalov. “What do we stand for? Republicans don’t seem to care about anyone. This is not a winning strategy.”
Right there is the crux of Republican problems in Texas - the party and its consultants don't seem to be aware whom their voters care about.

Mr. Shuvalov, I suggest you get out of Austin and start talking to Republican voters, we'll be happy to tell you what we care about and whom.
(Hint: It's legal American/Texas citizens, it's law abiding citizens, it's the safety, security, freedom and liberty of our families and friends)
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Texas’ New Hipsters Threaten the Very Environment That Lured Them There

Post by anygunanywhere »

Isn’t it common knowledge among us regular patriot type folk who love freedom that the elite GOP haven’t got a clue?

The GOP will save us.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

This is why I cringe every time I see an article with a headline about how Texas is the leader creating new jobs. It's great to have a
good economy, but look back to when the semiconductor companies started moving to Austin and see how it changed the politics
and cost of living. I think that the trend is continuing.
NRA Endowment Member

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Several times over the past year, I've mentioned on this website that there are indicators of there only being about a 4% difference between the number of registered republicans and registered democrats. Some people responded at the time that I was unnecessarily pessimistic. I posted a thread before the election asking if Beto could actually beat Cruz. Everyone (myself included) was pretty sure that Beto would take a pounding.....and then he lost by only 1.5%.

ONE POINT FIVE PERCENT!!!

I sure didn't see that one coming. Did any of you? I am very VERY concerned that the dems will flip Texas within the next couple of election cycles, and we need to do whatever it takes to keep that from happening. And that means that the GOP haas some soul-searching to do. You can't blame it ALL on people moving here from California and other leftist enclaves.

I moved here from California, and I was already a conservative republican at the time. I am NOT the only one like me who has moved here. They aren't ALL lefties who fled LA, SF, NYC, and Boston. Some of them are conservatives who saw an opportunity to escape their leftist hell, and came to Texas looking for freedom and opportunity.

My point is that I believe that at some of that swing to the left that seems to be happening here is due to other forces. Our youth is becoming as detached from from conservative values as they were in the 1960s/1970s. Some of that is just the fecklessness of youth, and they'll maybe grow out of it. But some of it is a failure of the GOP or Libertarian parties to capture their interest.

It's a scary time, and not just for Texas, but for the country as a whole.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

This changing electorate—younger, more ethnically diverse, better educated
I think the actual words underlined should be “highly indoctrinated”
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:55 pm ...
My point is that I believe that at some of that swing to the left that seems to be happening here is due to other forces. Our youth is becoming as detached from from conservative values as they were in the 1960s/1970s. Some of that is just the fecklessness of youth, and they'll maybe grow out of it. But some of it is a failure of the GOP or Libertarian parties to capture their interest.
Another issue is parents who aren't educating their children and defer their entire education to the school systems who then indoctrinate these children with leftist mindsets.

I'm thankful my parents taught my brothers and I the history of our country and state. They not only informed us that not only are some of the policies of the left are wrong, but they took the time to educate us as to why they are wrong. As a result, my brothers and I are more informed and help to educate others. I know many on this board are doing the same as my parents did. Unfortunately, I believe we are a minority. Hence the shift in voting.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Deplorable lunatic since 2016

mayor

Post by mayor »

An invasive species is a species that is not native to a specific location (an introduced species), and that has a tendency to spread to a degree believed to cause damage...

Alf

Post by Alf »

If the GOP cares more about what liberals want than what conservatives want, they deserve to lose.

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

#WalkAway has many Dems scared. They won't talk about it, but it's real. Black is now the least favorite of the traditional Dem minority groups, and many, even non-conservative, Blacks are being brutalized. So Republicans need to welcome them back.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

Alf wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:25 pm If the GOP cares more about what liberals want than what conservatives want, they deserve to lose.
The cure is not only worse than the disease, it is fatal.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

bbhack wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:35 pm #WalkAway has many Dems scared. They won't talk about it, but it's real. Black is now the least favorite of the traditional Dem minority groups, and many, even non-conservative, Blacks are being brutalized. So Republicans need to welcome them back.
Consider the possibility that, if it were not for the #WalkAway movement, Irish Bob O’Rourke might have well have won, or at least forced the election into the courts if it was too close to call.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Grumpy1993

Post by Grumpy1993 »

bbhack wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:36 pm
Alf wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:25 pm If the GOP cares more about what liberals want than what conservatives want, they deserve to lose.
The cure is not only worse than the disease, it is fatal.
Sucks to be them.
Bonnen Lied
Gun Rights Died

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

I think that Senator Cruz had a lot of negatives against him, which he didn't want to acknowledge, and he started actively campaigning late in the game. Also, the leftist mass news/entertainment industry went after Senator Cruz rather roughly. Finally, "Beto" the phony was their little darling and they spent BIG bucks pumping him up. Perhaps it's more remarkable that he lost anyway. Indeed, Governor Abbott and many other state-wide race Republicans did quite well. All that said, what really needs to happen in our state, and across the nation, is to stop the mass indoctrination taking place in our educational system.

Return to “Off-Topic”