$2 bills

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

Topic author
DXer
Posts in topic: 1

$2 bills

Post by DXer » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:23 am

Has any group attempted to promote the second amendment by circulating $2 bills, or is it just too corney? They are so rare that it might open a door to chat about other 2's.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Re: $2 bills

Post by C-dub » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:40 am

Not that I'm aware of.

My mom, a former banker, likes to get bundles of them and hand them out as tips. She used to give them to the grandchildren whenever they visited. My daughter has a bunch of them.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

ELB

Post by ELB » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:53 am

Credit/debit cards are so easy to use and ubiquitous that I don't think this would have much impact. Maybe in the past it would have been interesting for everybody attending an NRA Annual Meeting to pay everything with $2 bills, but we are past that time now.
USAF 1982-2005

RoadRunnerTR21

Post by RoadRunnerTR21 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:55 am

Some people won't accept a $2 bill because they think it's fake. And yes, these same people vote and procreate.

oljames3
Posts in topic: 2

Post by oljames3 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:59 am

“No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.”
– Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776
https://founders.archives.gov/documents ... -0161-0002

“The constitutions of most of our states assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves, in all cases to which they think themselves competent … that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed; ...”
– Thomas Jefferson, letter to to John Cartwright, 5 June 1824
https://founders.archives.gov/documents ... 01-02-4313

“A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.”
– Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, August 19, 1785
http://avalon.law.yale.edu/18th_century/let31.asp
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA Distinguished Life Member (Disabled Vet), TSRA, NAR L1

C-dub

Post by C-dub » Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:53 pm

oljames3 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:59 am

“The constitutions of most of our states assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves, in all cases to which they think themselves competent … that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed; ...”

“A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.”
:headscratch
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

oljames3
Posts in topic: 2

Post by oljames3 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:19 pm

C-dub wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:53 pm
oljames3 wrote:

The portrait on the $2 bill is Thomas Jefferson.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA Distinguished Life Member (Disabled Vet), TSRA, NAR L1

C-dub

Post by C-dub » Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:21 pm

oljames3 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:19 pm
C-dub wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 1:53 pm
oljames3 wrote:

The portrait on the $2 bill is Thomas Jefferson.
I thought it might be that, but wasn’t sure. :thumbs2:

G26ster

Post by G26ster » Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:44 pm

RoadRunnerTR21 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:55 am
Some people won't accept a $2 bill because they think it's fake. And yes, these same people vote and procreate.
Worked briefly flying out of LAX in the early eighties. Went to cash my last paycheck at major bank nearby. Teller asked for ID, then refused to cash the check as I "did not have a U.S. driver's license." It was issued by the State of Alaska. :banghead: Yep, they vote and procreate.

WTR

Post by WTR » Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:53 pm

G26ster wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:44 pm
RoadRunnerTR21 wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:55 am
Worked briefly flying out of LAX in the early eighties. Went to cash my last paycheck at major bank nearby. Teller asked for ID, then refused to cash the check as I "did not have a U.S. driver's license." It was issued by the State of Alaska. :banghead: Yep, they vote and procreate.
You should trying living in “New” Mexico.

carlson1

Post by carlson1 » Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:04 pm

C-dub wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 10:40 am
Not that I'm aware of.

My mom, a former banker, likes to get bundles of them and hand them out as tips. She used to give them to the grandchildren whenever they visited. My daughter has a bunch of them.
I do the same. I give to the children at church and my grandchildren. The $2 bill is not rare here in Irving.

I do have some older ones that are rare though. My great grandfather used to give them to us at Christmas.

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed » Thu Jan 03, 2019 8:57 pm

Recently I read about a secret US government program to ensure the survival of the US government in case of nuclear attack, or some other kind of catastrophic event. Evacuation plans were made to take key officials to protected bunkers or somesuch.

One of the items that was planned for, was a large stash of American paper currency, to use once the emergency had passed. At the time, the BPE (Bureau of Printing and Engraving) had printed a large amount of $2 bills. The problem was that Americans don't like to use them. The planners diverted all these unwanted bills in order to provide some legal tender after the catastrophe was over.

So, somewhere in a secret bunker there are pallet loads of brand new $2 bills, just awaiting their chance to see daylight in some future dystopian America. Of course, will there be any place to use them?

SIA
The 4 rules: 1. All guns are loaded.
2. Do not let your firearm point at anything you do not want to destroy or kill.
3. Keep your finger off the trigger until you intend to shoot.
4. Identify your target clearly, and what is behind it.

Liberty

Post by Liberty » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:42 am

What do $2.00 bills have to do with suppressing gun control? I don't get it. Are folks supposed to get a sudden breath of intelligence when they view one of these beauties? The printing of "In God We Trust" hasn't made America more Godly, How will the $2.00 bill help.

I like em, but I just don't see how they make a political impact.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:14 am

Liberty wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:42 am
What do $2.00 bills have to do with suppressing gun control? I don't get it. Are folks supposed to get a sudden breath of intelligence when they view one of these beauties? The printing of "In God We Trust" hasn't made America more Godly, How will the $2.00 bill help.

I like em, but I just don't see how they make a political impact.
The idea was the 2 in the $2 bill representing the 2nd Amendment. It has to be at least five years ago when one of the (many) Starbucks controversies erupted. It was over whether Starbucks would cave to political pressure and prohibit guns in their stores. I believe it was centered in Washington. I remember being encouraged to visit Starbucks and pay for my purchase with $2 bills. I did. I went to my bank to get them and was told that they were also popular for the Chinese New Year but I never did under why. The barista at Starbucks had no idea what to do with the bills because she had no slot in her drawer for them. I'm not sure that my visit had any effect other than my drinking another lousy cup of coffee. I worked on a project where we, as contractor, were required to provide coffee to customer project team and there was always a Starbucks pot available. I walked several blocks to buy my own.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dun Spiro Spero

montgomery

Post by montgomery » Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:15 pm

Promote the Second Amendment? Makes it sound like a charity fundraiser. How about we start organizing to defend and protect our rights instead of play nice gimmicks? Strength in numbers with a unified message locked and loaded at the doorstep of Capitol Hill best represents 2A and all the other rights. You want to convert a friend, family, or neighbor? Take them to the range.

Return to “Off-Topic”