Gillette: The Best an Incel Can Get

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
OneGun
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Gillette: The Best an Incel Can Get

Post by OneGun »

Toxic Masculinity: Because when the poo hits the fan, people do not call progressive feminists for help!!!!
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

GeekwithaGun

Post by GeekwithaGun »

I have not seen the commercial on TV except for in "news" stories. I think P&G released this to the web in hopes it would go viral and get the buzz for the brand by creating a controversy and it worked
NRA Life Member

Grundy1133

Post by Grundy1133 »

they seem to have taken a play from the dicks and yeti playbook... insulting their target demographic.... unless they're gonna start selling exclusively women's razers, calling men toxic doesnt seem like a good idea... but what do I know, i'm just a toxic man. lol
NRA Member

Liberty
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Liberty »

Grundy1133 wrote: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:56 pm they seem to have taken a play from the dicks and yeti playbook... insulting their target demographic.... unless they're gonna start selling exclusively women's razers, calling men toxic doesnt seem like a good idea... but what do I know, i'm just a toxic man. lol
They are mad at men, We are growing more beards, buying cheaper Razors, While they have convinced the ladies that the same razor packaged for females is worth more. Maybe they believe that their best market is girly men. Anyone who has ever shaved with a Blue Blade, will understand how much Gillette really hates us.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

I won't post the link here for fear of flirting with the forum rules. But Gillette had an advertising campaign in the Netherlands in 2011 that featured women wearing tight blue pants with their backs to the camera and a Gillette logo on the small of their backs. Some of the shots had 20+ women in that attire. Perhaps it is just me but paid advertising like that seems more toxic toward women that the what Gillette is now claiming is included in toxic masculinity.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 3

Post by bblhd672 »

Barbasol responds...lol

The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Chemist45

Post by Chemist45 »

I think I understand the idea behind the toxic masculinity add.
If Gillette can convince all men to act like women, then the men will start shaving their legs and underarms.
Gillette's sales will triple.
Its brilliant!
Brilliant!

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

"Incel" = Involuntarily celibate = loser males who want a romantic relationship, but are socially inept, and angry at women for not giving it up.

The word was in this thread's title, but I provided the definition since it may be new to some forum readers.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

E10
Posts in topic: 2

Post by E10 »

AndyC wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:28 pm I signed up for the Dollar Shave Club as a direct result of this nonsense.
Yeah, when I saw the ad I was glad I joined DSC a couple years ago.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

AndyC wrote: Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:28 pm I signed up for the Dollar Shave Club as a direct result of this nonsense.
How's the sharpness life on the DSC blades? I started using Harry's a few years ago and was impressed how long the blades lasted over the usual name brand blades.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

jason812

Post by jason812 »

It's been about 10 years since I bought a razor. I guess my face screams toxic masculinity. That and at times advertises what I had to eat.

They can't be wanting to sell more women's razors cause women who like girly men probably don't shave their legs or armpits. :mrgreen:
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

AndyC wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:08 pm
bblhd672 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 11:18 am
How's the sharpness life on the DSC blades? I started using Harry's a few years ago and was impressed how long the blades lasted over the usual name brand blades.
I haven't received them yet, perhaps by this weekend.
Oops...meant to ask E10 but reply on wrong post.
E10 wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 10:57 am Yeah, when I saw the ad I was glad I joined DSC a couple years ago.
E10: How's the sharpness life on the DSC blades?

Return to “Off-Topic”