Shooting at Police officer while in chase

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Shooting at Police officer while in chase

Post by The Annoyed Man »

MaduroBU wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:26 pm
OneGun wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:15 pm
MaduroBU wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:53 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:17 am
MaduroBU wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:34 am As long as you're good at designing underpowered carbines, you'll only get about 8 years for it. I'm not sure that it's something to count upon, though.
Meaning no disrespect, but what the heck does that have to do with the above police pursuit? Or am I missing something?
Look up the M1 carbine. Interesting story from a very different era.
What is the relationship between designing an underpowered carbine and a police pursuit involving shots fired at the officer? I did not hear in the video any mention of a carbine.

Sorry if I do not understand something you think is obvious.
"Carbine" Williams, a notorious local bootlegger, fled from deputies at his still in mid 1921 and fired over his shoulder as he ran, killing one of the deputies. He was caught and given 30-life at hard labor. While in prison, he developed several vital firearms technologies, and the US government appealed to the governor of NC for a commutation of his sentence in 1927. He was released in 1929, and went on to design the M1 carbine, among other weapons, and is the father of the short stroke gas piston.

There's actually a James Stewart movie about his life.

So while it's not related to the chase at hand, it is an interesting and rather bizarre similar incident, albeit from a very different time.
AAAAAHHHHHH..... You’re right! Sorry. I was just not making the connection at all.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”