TABC sting goes bad for them

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bbhack
Posts in topic: 3

TABC sting goes bad for them

Post by bbhack »

Ouch. This attorney could have short-circuited this prosecution, but he took it all the way, until the agent perjured hisownself.
Frick’s attorney, Craig Greening, said the Brazos County attorney quickly offered a deal — a fine, probation, community service hours. Yet the bartender balked. Despite the TABC agent’s report, Frick insisted Jergins wasn’t telling the truth about what actually happened that night.

Stingee becomes a stinger

Frick agreed he’d checked the girl’s ID and saw she was underage. He said he explained that she was too young for him to serve her.
edit:
https://www.expressnews.com/news/politi ... headlines
Last edited by bbhack on Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Jusme

Re: TABC sting goes bad for them

Post by Jusme »

Is there a link for the rest of the story?
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
bbhack

Post by bbhack »

Jusme wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:41 pm Is there a link for the rest of the story?
see above edit

C-dub
Posts in topic: 4

Post by C-dub »

Bummer. Gotta be a subscriber to read more than the first paragraph.

Found another link.
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/p ... 665356.php
Last edited by C-dub on Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

ELB
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ELB »

Brazos County Attorney Rod Anderson, whose office prosecuted the case, said he was reluctant to say Agent Jergins lied. “Obviously what happened is different from what was described in his report,” he said. “Yes, he misstated the transaction that took place. But we felt it was nothing intentional.”
Thank you Mr. Comey.
USAF 1982-2005

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

C-dub wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:11 pm Bummer. Gotta be a subscriber to read more than the first paragraph.

I found this link to the story can't tell if it's exactly the same though.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 4

Post by C-dub »

Jusme wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:22 pm
C-dub wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:11 pm Bummer. Gotta be a subscriber to read more than the first paragraph.

I found this link to the story can't tell if it's exactly the same though.
:lol:

We found the same link.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Topic author
bbhack

Post by bbhack »

Same story. Sorry about the subscription only link. It works for me and I don't have a current subscription.

DynamicDan

Post by DynamicDan »

I went to a college in a small town in upper NY State back in the seventies and the cops would wait outside the bar and arrest you for PI.

Scott B.

Post by Scott B. »

Found another link.
I was able read the whole article and I'm not a subscriber.

In short, TABC agent screwed the pooch. Classic bar sting, agency brings in under age, young looking girl/guy (female in this case) and tries to get them served.

Catch was 1) it's on good quality video, and 2) the bartender checked her ID, noted that she was underage. Asks the older male (agent) next to her if he was her father, she indicates yes. Hands the beer to the male who then legally hands it to his 'daughter'. No crime committed, 3) defense lawyer was drooling at the opportunity to expose a little TABC abuse and struck gold.

Not the first time TABC has stepped in it.
LTC / SSC Instructor. NRA - Instructor, CRSO, Life Member.
Sig pistol/rifle & Glock armorer | FFL 07/02 SOT

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

IMO, agent Jergins needs to go into a new line of work. Sweeping out the bus station comes to mind.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Scott B. wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:01 pm In short, TABC agent screwed the pooch. Classic bar sting, agency brings in under age, young looking girl/guy (female in this case) and tries to get them served.

Catch was 1) it's on good quality video, and 2) the bartender checked her ID, noted that she was underage. Asks the older male (agent) next to her if he was her father, she indicates yes. Hands the beer to the male who then legally hands it to his 'daughter'. No crime committed, 3) defense lawyer was drooling at the opportunity to expose a little TABC abuse and struck gold.

Actually, a crime was committed... by agent Jergins when he handed the beer to the minor.

A year in jail and a $4,000 fine sounds like a good start.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

Pawpaw wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:09 pm
Scott B. wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:01 pm In short, TABC agent screwed the pooch. Classic bar sting, agency brings in under age, young looking girl/guy (female in this case) and tries to get them served.

Actually, a crime was committed... by agent Jergins when he handed the beer to the minor.

A year in jail and a $4,000 fine sounds like a good start.

Yep. He was so anxious to make a case he got carried away. If he had just realized, he didn't have a case at that point, and not filed a false report, the inadverdant handing off the beer would not have been so bad. Guess he should have looked for security cameras.

bblhd672

Post by bblhd672 »

At least the TABC agent didn’t kick down the bartender’s door and shoot him, his wife and their dog.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

The Brazos County Attorney wouldn't call it a lie? He needs to be recalled by the citizens of Brazos County. If the TABC agent isn't prosecuted, the bartender should file a §1983 civil rights case in federal court.

Chas.

Return to “Off-Topic”