TX: The Low Standards of Hate in the Sixth Worst Airport

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
bblhd672
Posts in topic: 1

TX: The Low Standards of Hate in the Sixth Worst Airport

Post by bblhd672 »

http://sultanknish.blogspot.com/2019/04 ... sixth.html
The San Antonio Airport was rated as the sixth worst airport in the country. So, the city fathers got together and decided to fix the airport by banning businesses that donate to the Salvation Army.

Or at least one business.

“San Antonio is a city full of compassion, and we do not have room in our public facilities for a business with a legacy of anti-LGBTQ behavior," San Antonio Councilman Roberto Trevino declared, after blocking Chick-fil-A from opening at the airport.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

NNT

Re: TX: The Low Standards of Hate in the Sixth Worst Airport

Post by NNT »

Interesting that the business does not discriminate. They follow all laws or they would be nailed by eeoc. Since the owner has a religious paradigm, people don’t like the business... tolerance for all?

flechero

Post by flechero »

And the losers in this are the people flying out of or into this airport... I'm sure the food choices are top notch. :roll:

bbhack

Post by bbhack »

This will not end well for those councilmen who voted to exclude Chick-Fil-A.

Mayor McDoofusberg claimed after the fact that it was about not being open on Sunday.

The good thing for Chick-Fil-A is that their sales go up every time something like this happens. The good thing for us is to identify who the lowest IQ councilmen are.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

San antonio joins Austin, Dallas, et. al. in becoming a bastion of politically correct liberalism. I noticed this article mentioned the Alamo.

For example, the Long Barracks at The Alamo, where the very last defenders died, has many items on display, with little caption cards describing the item. In the past, the cards read using the word "Mexican," e.g. "the Mexican forces attacked...." or "this sword was used by a Mexican soldier..." Now, however, saying "Mexican" is offensive to, well, Mexicans, so now all of the displays refer to "Centralists," since Santa Anna supported a strong central government. Thus the cards now read "...the Centralists attacked..." "...a Centralist soldier..." and so on. Eye roll here.
-Ruark

Frankie

Post by Frankie »

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott signs Chick-fil-A bill into law

https://www.ksat.com/news/texas-gov-gre ... -fil-a-law

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Frankie wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:30 pm Texas Gov. Greg Abbott signs Chick-fil-A bill into law

https://www.ksat.com/news/texas-gov-gre ... -fil-a-law
Sanity. As refreshing as a Chick-fil-A diet lemonade. :cheers2:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

ELB

Post by ELB »

:thumbs2:
USAF 1982-2005

equin

Post by equin »

One thing about Chik Fil A. My wife once ordered a meal for her and our son at the drive-thru. When she got to the window to pay, she realized she had forgotten her purse. Instead of refusing to give her the food, they said not to worry and gave it to her anyway. She went back home, got her purse and returned to pay for the food. They again said not to worry about it and wouldn’t take her money. True Christian values. We are now Chik Fil A customers for life for their understanding and generosity.

So I admit my bias in Chik Fil A’s favor. But despite that, I agree with others who think the decision is wrong to block Chik Fil A from the airport. I’m not aware of them ever denying service to any LGBTQ customers. It’s my understanding they welcome and serve customers of all faiths and sexual orientation.
Ed

Return to “Off-Topic”