Dr. Visit

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 2

Dr. Visit

Post by Tex1961 »

I had a doctor (surgeon) consultation visit yesterday..... Unfortunately I will have to have a somewhat difficult surgery done.... (but that's not what the post is about). Anyway, my wife and I were asking the normal questions and my big one was recovery time.... So I decided to ask him how long before I could go back to the gun range. Now... This is a very short small asian guy.... He thinks for a second and puts his hands out like he's holding a gun and says yea... Probably about 6 weeks before you can shoot... (ARRRRGGGG). So I explained that shooting is a very large part of my life..... Anyway... I sort of shrugged my shoulders and was going to say that you probably don't get that question a lot, he looked at me and say Hey... This is Texas..... Which I laughed at....

Anyway, he proceeds to tell me that he wants to get a gun and that his friends recommend him getting a Glock or maybe a revolver as he has zero experience with any firearm... I told him that the Glocks are a very good firearm, but he may want to look more into something with a safety such as a Sig, or other good name brand... (I figure he can afford it).. And of course the revolver was an excellent starter pistol.... Ended up showing him videos on my phone of myself and my wife at the outdoor range shooting to show him that he would have no problem with recoil on either a 9mm or 38 special...

I ended up telling him that I do have my CHL, and he's like OHHHHH... wow.. You must be really trained to have that.... I had to suppress a snicker at that one, but I smiled and said that yea... I do have a lot of experience and some training.... But not as much as you think you need for your CHL.... Even my wife got into the conversation and he mentioned that it must be a nice stress reliever.. She grinned and said yea... Yoga and gun range... Both are Wonderfull... He got a good laugh from that one....

We must have spent at least 15 minutes or more just talking guns....

Maybe I'll be able to talk him into going to the range once I recover..... Hope I made a new convert......

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Dr. Visit

Post by RoyGBiv »

Good luck with your surgery. Hopefully an easy (painless) and full recovery!
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Dr. Visit

Post by Tex1961 »

RoyGBiv wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:32 am Good luck with your surgery. Hopefully an easy (painless) and full recovery!
Thank you sir... Me too.....

Return to “Off-Topic”