Any ham trader sites...

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojohn
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Any ham trader sites...

Post by mojohn »

Make 'em an offer!
https://www.mtcradio.com/used-gear/

John Peek, KF5ZMD

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

I will second mojohn on MTC. They are good people and stand behind their stuff. The closest store would be Paris , TX
HRO is another that is a good operation and they have a store in Plano, Tx. Both have an on line operation.

After a 15 year absence from the operating Ham world I jumped back in a couple years ago. I was not prepared for the "sticker shock" that came. Well used transceivers were going for near the same price as they did back when they were new. Sometimes even more, depending on desirability.

If you go on QRZ.com or eham.net you will find many items for sale, but many cautions are needed. READ the rules for each site. Do not respond on the sale threads. If you respond to the actual thread you will get offers of the same equipment for a lower price usually from scammers. Respond only to the email addy listed in the licensee look up, not the one listed in the add. Scammers abound. If there is no email address listed in the call sign lookup for the supposed seller then it is may be a scammer hijacking a call sign..

Search "Hamfests" and find one close to you. There are many good deals for used equipment as well as new at these events. Talk to your local Ham Club and see if there is anyone selling any equipment. I know of a guy near me that is trying to sell a new HF rig that he won at a local hamfest, but it is out of my budget range as long as I still have a working unit.
N5PNZ

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Return to “Off-Topic”