Nobody but John Cornyn

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 10

Re: Nobody but John Cornyn

Post by philip964 »

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 10:09 pm
:iagree:

srothstein
Posts in topic: 1

Post by srothstein »

I think this one was his real wake-up call on this:

https://www.khou.com/article/news/local ... 7550eb68ce

EDIT: Sorry, I did not see the tweets posted that already announced this.
Steve Rothstein

Boxerrider

Post by Boxerrider »

You don't need new laws in order to enforce current laws.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Grayling813 »

This is getting a lot of attention….but doubt it changes Cornyn’s plans.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerb ... e-n2608922
In addition, the Republican Party of Texas’ Platform Committee unanimously passed a resolution Thursday condemning the bipartisan framework for new federal legislation dealing with guns announced last weekend. They also issued a rebuke to the Republican senators who sat at the negotiating table with Democrats and continue to cooperate with the plan to finalize legislation that is likely to restrict the Second Amendment and due process rights of law-abiding firearm owners.

Among the senators being rebuked is one of Texas' own, Senator John Cornyn who led the GOP members of the group working to put together a legislative package in response to the tragedy at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas.

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Sen. Cruz weighs in:
“If we lived in a sane, rational world, we’d be coming together saying ‘How do we stop violent crime? We go after the criminals, we go after the felons, we go after the fugitives, we go after those with serious mental illness…and we put em in jail and we lock them up and we keep them out of our schools and we keep them out of our churches, and we keep our families safe," Cruz said.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Grayling813 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:20 am This is getting a lot of attention….but doubt it changes Cornyn’s plans.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerb ... e-n2608922
In addition, the Republican Party of Texas’ Platform Committee unanimously passed a resolution Thursday condemning the bipartisan framework for new federal legislation dealing with guns announced last weekend. They also issued a rebuke to the Republican senators who sat at the negotiating table with Democrats and continue to cooperate with the plan to finalize legislation that is likely to restrict the Second Amendment and due process rights of law-abiding firearm owners.

Among the senators being rebuked is one of Texas' own, Senator John Cornyn who led the GOP members of the group working to put together a legislative package in response to the tragedy at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas.
Good for the Republican Party of Texas’ Platform Committee.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Is Senator John Cornyn on Drugs?
We need to know if Senator John Cornyn (R-WaPo) is high. Has he been doing bong hits, blasting rails, chasing the dragon, and/or dropping acid? Is he hopped up on goofballs?

I hope so, because that is the least-worst explanation for the clusterfark he just presided over this week in DC. After all, you can get off drugs, but the alternate explanations are permanent.

Here we stand on the verge of a huge red tsunami in November, and even once-thought impossible seats in places like Colorado and Washington state may be within reach because of the incredible incompetence of Grandpa Badfinger. Everything is set for a massive repudiation of the left by an activated and angry GOP base – supplemented with independents who have had enough of this progressive bullSchiff – and John Cornyn and decides that what the Republican voters want is…

{drum roll}

Gun control!

Ta-da!

The Democrats are hemorrhaging and J-Corn decides to stop the bleeding? It’s like Bruce Willis reaching down and grabbing Hans Gruber’s hand so he doesn’t fall off of Nakatomi Plaza.

Dude, let them go splat!

Oh, and if that’s not enough, then there are reports that Cornyn, peacocking across the Senate floor as he enjoys his first and last moment in the national limelight, then tells a Dem colleague “Next, we’ll do immigration!”

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Every time I get a solicitation for donations from the Republican party, I return it with a note stating that I will not donate to the party due to the large number of traitorous sellouts they support for election, and I will only donate to individual candidates who will uphold their oath of office.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Grayling813 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:45 am Image
A more accurate statement would be: "I've never represented what the people who elected me want, and I'm not going to start that today."
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 10

Post by philip964 »

https://www.breitbart.com/education/202 ... l-america/

John Cornyn trying to get as much democrat stuff done before January.

Backs CRT education bill.

March 18, 2023

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/gop ... und-checks

Cornyn gun bill being used by Brandon to require background checks for all gun transactions.
Last edited by philip964 on Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 3:11 pm https://www.breitbart.com/education/202 ... l-america/

John Cornyn trying to get as much democrat stuff done before January.

Backs CRT education bill.
That no good "so and so" needs to be removed from office.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Cornyn is going to be pushing for Amnesty for the southern invaders, I believe I'll call his office to voice my objection!
Why Can't Texas have Two Conservative Senators?
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

LDB415
Posts in topic: 3

Post by LDB415 »

ABC, anyone but Cornyn. Anyone. Cornyn is Beto in a different suit.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Return to “Off-Topic”