Global Warming/Global Cooling/Climate Change

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 13

Re: Global Warming/Global Cooling/Climate Change

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

The earth is 4.5 billion years old. Dinosaurs were around for 150 million years. Man Kind has been around for a measly 300 thousand years. At some point the earth will flick us off like fleas from a dog and there is not a darn thing anyone can do to change that.

Diesel42
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Diesel42 »

Greta is very close to Jonathon Swift's "A Modest Proposal" from 1729.
Actually, she's at the right age for harvest.

Sarcasm off.
Nick
Nick Stone
Have Truck, Will Travel
NRA Life Member

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 13

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Greta is not the first time a child was used to promote a lie.

Ruark
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Ruark »

I'm not a scientist, but I never really understood this.. If CO2 is heavier than air, then how could it go up to the stratosphere and create a greenhouse effect?
-Ruark

E10
Posts in topic: 2

Post by E10 »

philip964 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:44 am https://www.cambridgeindependent.co.uk/ ... o-9098740/

This lady has climate crisis solved - end human reproduction to save the Earth.

A professor at a English College.

I really think this is the best argument yet.
Two thoughts after viewing her photo:
1. I can't imagine ever wanting to "procreate" with her.
2. Was she in a fishing accident?
Just sayin'...

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 75

Post by philip964 »

Ruark wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:46 pm I'm not a scientist, but I never really understood this.. If CO2 is heavier than air, then how could it go up to the stratosphere and create a greenhouse effect?
I think CO is heavier than air. That's why it doesn't disperse when it kills you.

The mechanism that causes Co2 to warm the Earth, no sorry, change the climate, no sorry, create a Climate crisis is apparently very complex. I assumed that the atmosphere with more Co2 had a higher insulative value, but someone told me no, and got to do with ions and stuff, and the suns interaction with the Earth's magnetic field.

The Earths temperature and the Climate is warming already because we are coming out of an ice age. Increased temperature causes more water vapor, more clouds, more sunlight reflection. Cooler temperatures. There are like a trillion trillion interactions and none of the computer climate models did very well at predicting the temperature today, when they were done twenty years ago.

What everyone conveniently leaves out is the big elephant in the room THE SUN.

And please remember the Co2 in the atmosphere is 0.04% . The increase in Co2 that Al Gore worries about is 0.004%

Spread one hundred pennies out on a table. One penny is 1%. Break that penny into one hundred tiny bits. Four of those is the Co2 in the atmosphere.
Now take a fifth grain of a penny and break it into one hundred microscopic pieces. Four of those is the increase in the last 100 years of Co2 in the atmosphere.

Lets tax ourselves into poverty over this.

Did I mention that if the Co2 drops below 0.01% all living things on Earth die. Polar Bears, whales, pandas, puppies, kittens, and all humans as well.

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

philip964 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:28 pmDid I mention that if the Co2 drops below 0.01% all living things on Earth die. Polar Bears, whales, pandas, puppies, kittens, and all humans as well.
Not to leave out all vegetation that requires Co2 for photosynthesis, which in turn releases O2. Oh the horror!

strogg

Post by strogg »

Let me see if I can simplify climate change in a few bullet points for those of you who are interested.

1. It is not scientifically proven. By that, I mean the scientific method cannot be applied to the current climate models to prove any sort of change, warming, etc. It is far too complex for science to properly explain at this time. Models are supposedly improving, though.
2. CO2, like most atmospheric gases, does not pool. O2, N2, Argon, etc will also disperse and mix with each other despite that last one being the heaviest.
3. As philip mentioned, the sun is a huge factor. When the earth 10x the CO2 it has now, solar radiation was a fraction of that, thus it kinda evens out. Even now, solar radiation has been going down the past few years, leading to the unexpected lower temperatures as of late.
4. The number 1 greenhouse gas is... wait for it... water. It's not what you think, though. Look up the iris hypothesis.
5. There is more money to be had economically with climate change than without, so there is a bias to create research that supports it.
6. Climate change has largely been solved already. All we need is the human and economic willpower to implement the required changes. Muuuch easier said than done at this point. Maybe in due time. We're not in a rush
7. Speaking of rush, the temperature of the earth is stable at the moment, and it has been for centuries. The point of no return is when we start seeing a Gaussian curve in the temperature graph. In other words, temperature going up exponentially, not linearly. That is the signal of a true global warming event.
8. Lastly, and most importantly, we have come a long ways already in implementing changes, whether we believe it or not. More fuel efficient vehicles, smart thermostats, etc. People naturally want to spend less money overall for the same thing. With that, there's no reason why we need to force it upon people through regulation. It will happen on its own.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.carbonbrief.org/analysis-co ... -a-quarter

All it takes is a mass epidemic and China reduces its CO2 output by 25%.

E10
Posts in topic: 2

Post by E10 »

That’s how we beat climate change?! Have something really bad happen that kills off a lotta people? Maybe like a world government violating all of our civil rights and intruding into every aspect of our lives? Naw - if I’m gonna die,I wanna die fighting tyranny, not climate change.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://nypost.com/2020/04/08/pope-says ... te-change/

Pope apparently says Covid 19 is from climate change.

Apparently not caused by not following the food requirements in the Bible.

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 11

Post by crazy2medic »

philip964 wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:11 pm https://nypost.com/2020/04/08/pope-says ... te-change/

Pope apparently says Covid 19 is from climate change.

Apparently not caused by not following the food requirements in the Bible.
This Pope is an Idiot!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

http://trendings.net/as-criticism-mount ... ed/a3d1v7b

Greta threatens Facebook with leaving if they don’t silence her critics.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Rafe »

philip964 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:26 am http://trendings.net/as-criticism-mount ... ed/a3d1v7b

Yet the 16-year-old seems unready for the realities of the real world, including the fact that there are people who will disagree with her, whether she does good or bad. She’s finding criticism enervating, suggesting that those who are opposing her crusade are “interfering with democracy,” and they should be censored by Facebook.
:smilelol5:
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 11

Post by crazy2medic »

philip964 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:26 am http://trendings.net/as-criticism-mount ... ed/a3d1v7b

To quote Curly Bill "Well, Bye"
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Return to “Off-Topic”