California to Texas migration

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

tbrown
Posts in topic: 1

Re: California to Texas migration

Post by tbrown »

ELB wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:36 am Meet the Dallas area woman shepherding a "Move to Texas from California" migration

The article says "vast majority" of newcomers from Cali lean conservative. I hope this is true.
Don't worry, they're only a few steps to the left of Joe Straus and Dennis Bonnen.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

ELB wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:54 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:31 pm I heard on the radio the other day that a U-haul rental was 475 dollars from Texas to Kalifornia but 1500 dollars from Kalifornia to Texas. Eventually u-haul will pay people to take a rental to Kali.
I am a Uhaul neighborhood dealer. This kind of price difference has been true for several years. At this precise moment, a 26' truck, the kind you move your whole house with, from Los Angeles to Houston is $3,965.00 (plus fees and taxes). From Houston to Los Angeles, same truck is $967.00 (again plus fees and taxes). That's four times as much to move LA-HOU versus HOU-LA.

Right now anyone taking a UHaul truck out of Texas (at least my market area of Texas) is being offered a free enclosed trailer, just to get them out of Texas.

Everybody is moving to Texas, very few are moving out, and the trucks and trailers are piling up here.
I had that that same experience back in 2006 when I moved here from California, and needed to rent an enclosed trailer. LA->DFW was easily 2x-3x as much as DFW->LA .... and that was 13 years ago. The same year I left, California had a net loss in population of about 450,000 residents. They didn’t ALL come to Texas, but a bunch of them did.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:49 pm
ELB wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:54 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:31 pm I heard on the radio the other day that a U-haul rental was 475 dollars from Texas to Kalifornia but 1500 dollars from Kalifornia to Texas. Eventually u-haul will pay people to take a rental to Kali.
I am a Uhaul neighborhood dealer. This kind of price difference has been true for several years. At this precise moment, a 26' truck, the kind you move your whole house with, from Los Angeles to Houston is $3,965.00 (plus fees and taxes). From Houston to Los Angeles, same truck is $967.00 (again plus fees and taxes). That's four times as much to move LA-HOU versus HOU-LA.

Right now anyone taking a UHaul truck out of Texas (at least my market area of Texas) is being offered a free enclosed trailer, just to get them out of Texas.

Everybody is moving to Texas, very few are moving out, and the trucks and trailers are piling up here.
I had that that same experience back in 2006 when I moved here from California, and needed to rent an enclosed trailer. LA->DFW was easily 2x-3x as much as DFW->LA .... and that was 13 years ago. The same year I left, California had a net loss in population of about 450,000 residents. They didn’t ALL come to Texas, but a bunch of them did.
Afew years back it was known that many of the Kali transplants migrated to the Austin area. They turned it into a mini Kalifornia.

Bitter Clinger
Banned

Post by Bitter Clinger »

"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

TxRVer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TxRVer »

Bitter Clinger wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:01 pm Image
That'll give you an idea what Austin streets will look like soon.
Charlie

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Return to “Off-Topic”