DFW Way Out West Breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 6

Re: DFW Way Out West Breakfast

Post by chasfm11 »

I'm still planning to be there. It is showing me 52 miles travel distance. I'm targeting arrival at 8am but if there is rain, who knows how that will go. With the traffic at this moment, projected travel time is 1h 13 minutes because if I-35W.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Jusme
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Jusme »

I’m going to be there
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
Excaliber
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Excaliber »

C-dub wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:17 pm Not going to make this one. I'll be driving a family member home for the holidays back home. 500 miles round trip. Ya'll be careful getting to and from. It's supposed to be raining this Saturday.
You'll be missed.

We hope to see you in January.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

chasfm11 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:12 pm I'm still planning to be there. It is showing me 52 miles travel distance. I'm targeting arrival at 8am but if there is rain, who knows how that will go. With the traffic at this moment, projected travel time is 1h 13 minutes because if I-35W.
Take your time and be safe,

Manny's doesn't lock the doors after 8:00 and we'll be there for a while.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Excaliber wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:10 am
C-dub wrote: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:17 pm Not going to make this one. I'll be driving a family member home for the holidays back home. 500 miles round trip. Ya'll be careful getting to and from. It's supposed to be raining this Saturday.
You'll be missed.

We hope to see you in January.
I will be off January 25, so it's possible as of this moment.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 34
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Well, this past 4th Saturday, 12/29/19, we had 8 at the breakfast. But we hit a snag, since Manny's Cafe, Hudson Oaks, had a power outage, and we went to Plan B.

We all got in our vehicles and moved to Cracker Barrel, Weatherford. The 8 attendees were: Blackhorse1, Mrs. Blackhorse1, chasfm11, diesel42, Excaliber, jusme, SIA, and strogg. (See? Alphabetical!). bitterclinger tried to make it, but something else came up.

We didn't visit much with Mrs. Blackhorse1 since, you know, Cracker Barrel has shopping too! Maybe if she comes next month to Manny's Cafe, she won't be tempted to pick up a stove at the adjoining stove shop there. :-)

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Blackhorse1
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Blackhorse1 »

That's funny. She does love her shopping. She will shop 💲💲💲wherever there's something to buy. She was born for it. She had a good time and will probably show up again. It was good to meet some more members of the forum. Breakfast was good so all's well. Had a few interesting conversations. My wife was interested in meeting little sigm4 jr. She's a sucker for the younger boy's(1 years old). In all seriousness, we had a great time and looking forward to the next time. You gentlemen :tiphat: have a great week. 😁
:txflag: likes: burning rubber and screaming women

Diesel42
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Diesel42 »

Yep, good people and a great time. Many thanks to everyone and I'm looking forward to next year/month.
Happy Trails!
Nick
Nick Stone
Have Truck, Will Travel
NRA Life Member

Topic author
Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

This coming Saturday is our 4th Saturday breakfast at 8:00 at Manny's Cafe in Hudson Oaks.

Unfortunately I'll be in Florida that day, so y'all have a good time and I'll catch up with you in February.
Excaliber

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 34
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Unfortunately, I will not be able to attend, due to double church meetings.

One I could have skipped. The other one is the 3rd Monday of every month, which was the MLK holiday this week. Meeting was not held.

Saturday was chosen as the makeup day. I HAVE TO attend this one.

Have a nice breakfast gentlemen, gentleladies, and baby boys. :-)

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Blackhorse1
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Blackhorse1 »

I WILL NOT be there either. It is my birthday and my sister needs to celebrate. It is a good excuse to do so. She will probably make me drink a few margaritas and she will feel better . You would think after 67 of these she would be over this obsession. I will continue to go along with her symptoms until she is cured.I will be at Rudy's next time in Arlington.
:txflag: likes: burning rubber and screaming women

strogg
Posts in topic: 20

Post by strogg »

I guess this will be a very quiet Manny's Saturday... Anyone else want to chime in? Preferably with a yes?

@Blackhorse1, Happy birthday to you.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I’m a maybe to probably not. I have many things around the house that I should get done over the next few days.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

As of right now, I’m a yes.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Diesel42
Posts in topic: 15

Post by Diesel42 »

I'm planning to be there.
Nick