DFW Way Out West Breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

strogg
Posts in topic: 20

Re: DFW Way Out West Breakfast

Post by strogg »

AndyC wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:28 am Bulletslap and I are planning on attending
Nice. Can you bring your kukri knife with you? I'm thinking of picking one up myself after your little show and tell thread.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 4

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

There are going to be a lot of places out of business over the next few months. It takes more than 50% capacity for these places to stay in business.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Jusme »

SigM4 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:16 am
Jusme wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:47 am
Excaliber wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:12 am The DFW Way Out West Breakfast at Manny's Cafe in Hudson Oaks is this coming Saturday at 8:00.

Who else is planning to attend?
You may want to make sure Manny’s is open we had to go to another place last my month. I can’t remember the name of the restaurant but it’s in a new shopping center east of Manny’s
Sunny Street Cafe

I’ve noticed that Manny’s seems to be hit or miss each day. There was a food truck out front the other day in lieu of Manny’s. I don’t get the feeling that they’ll be around much longer.

Yeah that was it, food was good, they had no issue with OC and they have a room for large groups if we need it.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
Excaliber
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Excaliber »

Let's plan on Sunny Street for a sure thing so we don't risk having to relocate.

Sunny Street Cafe's address is:

229 Shops Blvd, Ste 103, Willow Park, TX 76087

Phone: +1 817 757 7066

Its in a small strip mall at Crown Point Blvd and the I20 West service road. From westbound I20, take Exit 415 (Mikus Rd.). Its a short distance down on the right. Drake's Yoke Restaurant is a large establishment in the same strip mall and easily visible from the service road.

From eastbound I20, take Exit 415, turn left under the highway, and follow Crown Rd and Crown Point Blvd to the strip mall.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Topic author
Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

I haven't been having any luck at all with 4th Saturday breakfasts.

A "must attend" family gathering has just come up and I can't get out of it. I was really looking forward to seeing Andy's new Kukri too.

I'll give it another try next month.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 34
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Just now I called Manny's and only got voicemail.
I called next door to David's Stove Shop and was informed that Manny's Cafe has closed permanently.

We have an alternate site we checked out during the May 4th Saturday breakfast.

The new site is the Sunny Street Cafe, 229 Shops Blvd, Suite 103, Willow Park, TX 76087.

They have plenty of seating, breakout dining room, and open carry is fine. Heck one of their female employees has a tattoo of "Come and Take It" with an AR-15!

Strogg and I will be there at 0800. See you there!

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

bulletslap
Posts in topic: 1

Post by bulletslap »

I had a great time today, I plan to attend again soon.

strogg
Posts in topic: 20

Post by strogg »

It was definitely a great breakfast. I'm glad Excaliber was able to show up after all.

Jusme
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Jusme »

Had a great time got to meet AndyC and Bulletslap. Service was amazing! I don’t know what the bottom of my coffee cup looked like, the waitress never let it get below half full. Great food and great conversation. I stayed until after 11 could have stayed all day. Looking forward to our next meet up, and the possibility of a shooting day.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Topic author
Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

I had a great time too.

Very much enjoyed the conversations on kukris, the finer points of 1911 mags, and the ins and outs of lots of other guns I've had over time.

I'm looking forward to next month already!
Excaliber

Topic author
Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Our 4th Saturday DFW Way Out West pis coming up this Saturday July 25 at Sunny Street Cafe (229 Shops Blvd, Willow Park, TX - Exit 415 from Westbound I20).

Please let me know if you're going so I can get us a properly sized table.
Excaliber

Return to “Off-Topic”