Healthy: Conservative talk radio. Non-existent: Liberal talk radio.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Healthy: Conservative talk radio. Non-existent: Liberal talk radio.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Ok, so this is a subject that has resolved itself some years back, but I wanted to toss it out to the forum friends to kick it around.

There are many successful conservative talk radio hosts.....Rush, Michael Savage, Hanity, Levin, many others.

The liberals attempted to have a talk radio channel for themselves, but it bombed and ceased to exist.

When many elections are won 51/49, 52/48, etc, one might think that there would be enough liberals/progressives to patronize a talk show for them.

But that has not proved to be true.

My theory is that conservatives know what's right, and feel strongly about it. Libs don't feel that strongly about their positions, and hence, are not passionate about calling in to give their opinions.

What say you?

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

mayor
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Healthy: Conservative talk radio. Non-existent: Liberal talk radio.

Post by mayor »

I think liberal talking points are too easy to shoot holes in and conservatives would call in eventually shutting down their arguments. I only occasionally hear liberals call conservative radio and their arguments usually (since Trump's presidency) consist of "Orange man bad..."; a generalization.

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

mayor wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:05 pm I think liberal talking points are too easy to shoot holes in and conservatives would call in eventually shutting down their arguments. I only occasionally hear liberals call conservative radio and their arguments usually (since Trump's presidency) consist of "Orange man bad..."; a generalization.
:iagree:

Also they have so many things to trigger them they would not be able to stay on topic for more than two sentences. Look at CNN, they have no position unless it goes against Trump, until he agrees with them, then they have to change course. Whiplash hurts after a while.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Conservatives can use their brains to think through ideas.

Liberals need the pretty moving pictures.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

People can only listen to so much "Drumpf is destroying Amreeeka!".

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

Liberals don't do well with an interactive show because they have to be lead by the hand. They much prefer shows like The View where they are told what to think.
Charlie

strogg

Post by strogg »

Liberal talk shows do exist. They just don't exist on the traditional AM/FM radio waves. They are pretty much entirely podcasts, similar to the likes of Ben Shapiro and Steven Crowder. I've listened to a few and... um... Yeah. As others have said, easy to poke holes.

DynamicDan

Post by DynamicDan »

It would bore you to death, they don't have a coherent thought among them.

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

To be a liberal one or both of two things must occur. They are either stupid or insane. I struggled with this concept for quite a while. But I kept asking how anyone could believe such bad ideas. It’s the only way I have been able see how they have such a warped perspective.

The current group running only reinforce this to me. Ban me now but I can’t see it any other way.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

The only thing they want to hear is how much free shtuff they are going to get. Doesn’t make for good talk show.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I think it is important to distinguish between "liberal" and "leftist". The left is totalitarian, but many of them don't know it yet because they’ve felt their way through issues instead of thinking their way through them. Although the left can be infuriating, they are also to be pitied in some ways. How debased does a male have to be to become a soy boy instead of a man? They are SO debased that they feel (there’s that word again) the need for the state to "be a man" for them.

The danger of conflating the two terms is that it confuses people about the meaning of Classical Liberalism, which is in fact the principles upon which our nation is founded. Classical Liberalism contains all the best parts of both Conservatism and Libertarianism, and none of the flaws of either. It is the ideal we should all be striving for.

Conversely, Leftism (what we mistakenly call liberalism) is completely illiberal. It not only makes no room for dissent, it seeks to punish it. Leftism cannot allow dissent because it’s precepts do not stand up to critical examination. It must therefore stamp out any dissent. Classical liberalism tolerates dissent because its precepts stand up just fine to critical examination. The only caveat is that this examination must be thought through with the mind, not reacted to with feelings. "Go with your heart" is singularly bad advice.

Feelings tend to confuse and muddle issues, while thinking brings enlightenment. And THAT is why the advent of Classical Liberalism in political thought is often referred to as the enlightenment. To enlighten, is to cast light upon the darkness, to bring understanding. Leftism rejects the light.

We have emotions. It’s part of the human condition, and there is nothing morally wrong with having them.....as long as any decisions we make based on our emotions will affect ONLY us, and not anyone else. That is why it is that, when we are most angry, or most sad, or most euphoric, we have the greatest obligation to pause and consider if what we do next will harm others, either in their persons, their material wealth or property, or their rights as individuals.

Leftism does not withstand critical examination because it is motivated primarily by anger, envy, and fear—all emotions that cloud judgement, produce unreason, and cloak the light in darkness. That is why there is precious little leftist talk radio.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

mayor

Post by mayor »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:34 am I think it is important to distinguish between "liberal" and "leftist". The left is totalitarian, but many of them don't know it yet because they’ve felt their way through issues instead of thinking their way through them. Although the left can be infuriating, they are also to be pitied in some ways. How debased does a male have to be to become a soy boy instead of a man? They are SO debased that they feel (there’s that word again) the need for the state to "be a man" for them.

The danger of conflating the two terms is that it confuses people about the meaning of Classical Liberalism, which is in fact the principles upon which our nation is founded. Classical Liberalism contains all the best parts of both Conservatism and Libertarianism, and none of the flaws of either. It is the ideal we should all be striving for.

Conversely, Leftism (what we mistakenly call liberalism) is completely illiberal. It not only makes no room for dissent, it seeks to punish it. Leftism cannot allow dissent because it’s precepts do not stand up to critical examination. It must therefore stamp out any dissent. Classical liberalism tolerates dissent because its precepts stand up just fine to critical examination. The only caveat is that this examination must be thought through with the mind, not reacted to with feelings. "Go with your heart" is singularly bad advice.

Feelings tend to confuse and muddle issues, while thinking brings enlightenment. And THAT is why the advent of Classical Liberalism in political thought is often referred to as the enlightenment. To enlighten, is to cast light upon the darkness, to bring understanding. Leftism rejects the light.

We have emotions. It’s part of the human condition, and there is nothing morally wrong with having them.....as long as any decisions we make based on our emotions will affect ONLY us, and not anyone else. That is why it is that, when we are most angry, or most sad, or most euphoric, we have the greatest obligation to pause and consider if what we do next will harm others, either in their persons, their material wealth or property, or their rights as individuals.

Leftism does not withstand critical examination because it is motivated primarily by anger, envy, and fear—all emotions that cloud judgement, produce unreason, and cloak the light in darkness. That is why there is precious little leftist talk radio.
Your post makes leftists sound a lot like manic depressives. I've seen it up close and personal. You might say I had a stalker.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

mayor wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:25 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:34 am I think it is important to distinguish between "liberal" and "leftist". The left is totalitarian, but many of them don't know it yet because they’ve felt their way through issues instead of thinking their way through them. Although the left can be infuriating, they are also to be pitied in some ways. How debased does a male have to be to become a soy boy instead of a man? They are SO debased that they feel (there’s that word again) the need for the state to "be a man" for them.

Your post makes leftists sound a lot like manic depressives. I've seen it up close and personal. You might say I had a stalker.
Well, leftism IS a sort of mental illness. It’s the intellectual equivalent of basing your politics on what the unicorns and bunnies tell you through the magic crystals.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”