Vendors won't ship to your PO Box? Here's how to solve that.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 1
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Vendors won't ship to your PO Box? Here's how to solve that.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

My primary mailing address is my PO Box at a US Post Office. Any mail or packages I receive are safe from thieves, and if anything is bigger than my usual box, the post office simply puts the oversized item(s) into a larger, locked postal box for me.

But I have run into problems sometime with vendors who will not ship to a PO Box. That's frustrating.

Recently, I found out the way around this. If you have a PO Box, go to your local post office and fill out a short form, authorizing this.

If you are trying to have something sent to you, but they don't ship to PO Boxes, now you can simply have it sent to :
"John Doe
100 Main St, #n
Anytown, TX 75xxx"

Where "100 Main St." is actually your post office's street address, and "n" = your box number.
Alternatively, you may either use "#n" or "Unit n".
Don't put in any text that ID's this as the post office.

Easy, peasey, Japanesey.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

G40yes

Re: Vendors won't ship to your PO Box? Here's how to solve that.

Post by G40yes »

This works for me. I use “Unit NNN”, which may appear like an apartment number. It is then treated as a valid address for both mail and packages.
.. tyrants accomplish their purposes ...by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms. - Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

I use STE 123 (for po box 123).

EX
423 Main St, STE 123
Anytown, TX 76345
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

flechero

Post by flechero »

Are you guys having to do this in cases where UPS or Fedex is the carrier or are there vendors who actually ship USPS that won't accept the address?

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ScottDLS »

LDP wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:33 pm My question isn't about shipping but about retrieving: how did you make peace with having to disarm to get your mail? (I don't know I could)

Now if FedEx would start renting out boxes, that would be awesome (they are neither posted nor a federal building).
UPS stores rent out mailboxes and will accept both postal and private shipper (Fedex, DHL, UPS) packages and hold them for you. None that I've seen are posted. Main package facilities are sometimes 30.06 posted, but not the stores that rent boxes.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

clarionite

Post by clarionite »

ScottDLS wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:44 pm
LDP wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:33 pm My question isn't about shipping but about retrieving: how did you make peace with having to disarm to get your mail? (I don't know I could)

Now if FedEx would start renting out boxes, that would be awesome (they are neither posted nor a federal building).
UPS stores rent out mailboxes and will accept both postal and private shipper (Fedex, DHL, UPS) packages and hold them for you. None that I've seen are posted. Main package facilities are sometimes 30.06 posted, but not the stores that rent boxes.
I have a box at the UPS store, and use the address of the store, and ste xxx for my box number.
It works great, except for some sites that apparently use some kind of USPS scrubbing software for their addresses when entered. It sometimes wants to strip it off.

narcissist

Post by narcissist »

I can see how this could be used if it's a must, but your not supose to carry in the post office. So I'll keep getting my mail at my address and packages also.
One of my biggest mistakes in life...Is Believing people will show me the same love I've shown them. :reddevil

Lynyrd

Post by Lynyrd »

A search of Texas3006.com shows 49 FedEx locations that are posted. If your local one isn't, you are lucky. The closet one to me is posted 30.06/30.07.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ScottDLS »

LDP wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 3:09 pm
Lynyrd wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:55 pm A search of Texas3006.com shows 49 FedEx locations that are posted.
Out of how many total? Just curious statistically what percentage is posted.
Lynyrd wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:55 pm If your local one isn't, you are lucky. The closet one to me is posted 30.06/30.07.
I think our main hub is posted too. But the corner office is a small FedEx/Kinkos store and has no signs (for now). So yes, I think we are lucky.
Though the UPS store not far away isn't posted either. So I wonder if the difference is in the size/purpose of the building. Not sure, don't have enough information to make a conclusion, merely a guess.
Sorry to hear your branch is posted. Any chance you can talk to the manager?
The local ones are primarily franchises. Mine isn't posted, though my private box is at UPS Store (also not posted).
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

rdcrags

Post by rdcrags »

This is hard to follow, and some people, including my son, refuse to believe it. But here goes: We had a second home in a resort area. We had a box at the U.S. post office. They also delivered to street addresses, but not in my area. I would order a replacement part over the phone. I would be told that they use only Fedex. I would ask them to include my US mail box number on the outside of the box. They would say that company policy does not allow them to do that. Only the regular Fedex label. I would tell them that there was a 50-50 chance the package would be returned to sender, and they would say that they don’t care. Here is what would happen: The Fedex delivery office in the area had an agreement with the local US post office. If the Fedex truck driver felt like it for any reason, he could dump his load at the US post office, and they would deliver the packages for him. If the address on the label happened to be one that US post office does not deliver to, like mine, US post office would hold the package for 3 days and then return it to sender.
The workers at the US post office told me that, even though they could cross check to note their P.O. box number for me, they are not paid to do that, so no go. I was told that I could show up every day, get in line, and ask if there was a package to my street address, to catch the package before it is returned to sender. One of the employees actually told me that if I could be there while the Fedex truck was unloading, I could watch for my package, and they would let me have it. Mindless! I had two kinds of replacements parts returned to senders during one stay there. Oh, yes. I stopped at the Fedex office and asked an employee how I could solve my problem. He swore that their drivers never dumped their load at the US post office. So there.
TX CHL 1997

Return to “Off-Topic”