SC: Bodycam of LEO shooting homeowner through front door.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 5

Re: SC: Bodycam of LEO shooting homeowner through front door.

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

This was a truly awful accident. Besides the fact that the officer shot through the door, the fact that he then lied about what happened makes it rise to the level of the officer deserving to be fired at the very least. I am certain the home owner will end up getting some kind of settlement from the city. If the home owner had of been a person of color, there would be marches up and down the streets calling for the officer to be charged and hanged.

WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by WTR »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:51 am This was a truly awful accident. Besides the fact that the officer shot through the door, the fact that he then lied about what happened makes it rise to the level of the officer deserving to be fired at the very least. I am certain the home owner will end up getting some kind of settlement from the city. If the home owner had of been a person of color, there would be marches up and down the streets calling for the officer to be charged and hanged.
Unfortunately, a settlement will not come from “ the City “. The settlement will ultimately be paid by the taxpayers.

DynamicDan
Posts in topic: 3

Post by DynamicDan »

RPBrown wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:04 am
DynamicDan wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:17 pm It was from a phone app, not an actual alarm in their home.
But why would they have a phone app if they didn't have an alarm?
I have a phone app for my alarms and have never accidentally triggered it.
I think there are a lot of mistakes made here by all parties. (1) Alarm company either sent them to the wrong address or failed to mention it was a medical alert (2) Dispatch failed to send proper information (3) Cop obviously lied about the homeowner opening the door pointing a gun at him. In fact, I couldn't tell if the homeowner even had a gun until the officer entered the house after the shooting and (4) the homeowner answering the door with a gun in view (if he did).
This is the main reason I have cameras around my house including doorbell camera. I don't answer the door if I don't know who it is.

Then there is always the issue of no knock warrants being served to the wrong houses, but that's another issue for another thread.
You don't need a physical alarm. You set up an account and pay the monthly charge and if you hit the panic button it is sent from your phone.

tbrown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tbrown »

The shooter needs to do prison time. Old people shouldn't be gunned down by killer cops in SC. Only in Houston!
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

talltex
Posts in topic: 1

Post by talltex »

The Deputy in this incident should be prosecuted without question. He opened fire through the side panel and/or door as the homeowner approached without any justification other than he was afraid the person in the house might shoot at him. If he is that frightened to approach a house at night then he needs to be in a different line of work. When knocking on a door at someones house after midnight, it is not reasonable to make the leap in judgement that a person turning on a light inside and walking toward the door intends to shoot you through the door. That is not a logical and reasonable assumption. THEN he blatently lies about what happened because he KNOWS he has screwed up big time. That is not the kind of person you want to have wearing a badge.
"I looked out under the sun and saw that the race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong" Ecclesiastes 9:11

"The race may not always go to the swift or the battle to the strong, but that's the way the smart money bets" Damon Runyon

Return to “Off-Topic”