Help identifying rattler!!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 15

Re: Help identifying rattler!!

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:53 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:41 am
The Annoyed Man wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:41 am
But here’s the thing.... and this is my reaction to the increasing crackdown on opioids.... I refill that prescription each month, even though I’ll typically have most of the previous refill still unused. That is much easier (and cheaper) than letting the prescription expire before I can buy all of the refills, and then having to make another doctor appointment and jump through those hoops again to get another prescription ordered, when nothing has really changed. I have a chronic back problem, with hardware in my spine, and the situation isn’t ever going to go away. Managing my pain this way is for MY convenience, and the gov’t be damned. It means that I can restrict my trips to the doctor to my semi-annual wellness checkups, and get anything that needs refilling reordered on those visits.

My doctor knows I’m doing this. He’s not stupid, but he knows this because I tell him that’s what I do. In other words, he knows that I’m not abusing my meds. But the state assumes the worst about me, because some people do abuse their meds.
They assume you are selling the extra pills since that is what some folks on medicare or other government assistance programs do for extra money with their meds.
"They" might assume such, but that has no more validity than assuming that I sell all the guns i buy out of the trunk of my car to ghetto rats. I don’t. And I resent the crap out of that assumption. My DOCTOR and I know that I’m not, and those are the only opinions that should matter. And JUST as with guns, I have to jump through additional hoops, because SOME people will misbehave. But all the laws in the world aren't going to stop their misbehavior. All those laws do is make the lives of the law-abiding like myself more complicated and inconvenient than they need to be.
Exactly. :iagree: Punishing the many for the actions of the few. Like the attempts at new gun laws, it is all emotion based with no basis in reality. Mom and Dad lost their precious offspring to drugs so they blame the Doctors who prescribed the meds. They then demand a restriction be placed on the meds and the Doctors rather than working on the minority that abuse them. Sounds like a common theme. "It is always someone else fault" Not the fault of the criminal.

pushpullpete
Posts in topic: 1

Post by pushpullpete »

narcissist, Welcome back. Glad to hear that you are doing better after one of those 'life lessons'.
Take care of yourself. :tiphat:

:txflag: :patriot:

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 5

Post by SewTexas »

I am SO glad you are back and feeling better! I was scared of the outcome of this. You take care of yourself! (and I'll say it.....listen to your wife, we're actually right most of the time, lol)
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 8

Post by The Annoyed Man »

We should also be careful not to overlook this guy:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Grayling813 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:54 am We should also be careful not to overlook this guy:
Snakes...why does it always have to be snakes?

Return to “Off-Topic”