New Boating Law

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1


Topic author
howdy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1276
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:16 pm
Location: Katy

New Boating Law

#1

Post by howdy » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:09 am

Really off topic but I just read starting September 1st, if your boat is <26' and has a kill switch , you MUST have that lanyard attached to your body and the switch must work. $200 fine. I am sure the Constables on Lake Conroe will be watching.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979


flechero
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2574
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: New Boating Law

#2

Post by flechero » Sat Aug 17, 2019 8:34 am

I recon that TPWD could double the entire budget based only on ski boats in lake Travis with this one!


jason812
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1216
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:41 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: New Boating Law

#3

Post by jason812 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:27 am

Another ticket the man can write while doing an unconstitutional stop to check for papers just because you are in a boat.

Does the law say only under power? If not that will make fishing hard.

User avatar

Jago668
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 857
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 12:31 am

Re: New Boating Law

#4

Post by Jago668 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:29 am

jason812 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:27 am
Another ticket the man can write while doing an unconstitutional stop to check for papers just because you are in a boat.

Does the law say only under power? If not that will make fishing hard.
Depending on how it is written could make transporting the boat difficult as well.
NRA Benefactor Member


crazy2medic
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1546
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:59 am

Re: New Boating Law

#5

Post by crazy2medic » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:58 am

The first thing I thought when I read this thread was they made it Illegal to lose your firearms in a boating accident
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention


Topic author
howdy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1276
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:16 pm
Location: Katy

Re: New Boating Law

#6

Post by howdy » Sat Aug 17, 2019 10:41 am

b) A motorboat operator may not operate a motorboat less
than 26 feet in length and equipped by the manufacturer with an
engine cutoff switch while the motorboat is under way and moving at
greater than headway speed without first verifying that the switch
is operational and fully functional and properly attaching the
lanyard or wireless attachment, as appropriate for the specific
motorboat, to the operator's body or to the clothing or personal
flotation device being worn by the operator.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979


snapcap45
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 8
Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:19 pm

Re: New Boating Law

#7

Post by snapcap45 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:10 am

We're gonna need a bigger boat!

User avatar

JakeTheSnake
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 230
Joined: Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:05 am
Location: SA

Re: New Boating Law

#8

Post by JakeTheSnake » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:25 pm

crazy2medic wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:58 am
The first thing I thought when I read this thread was they made it Illegal to lose your firearms in a boating accident
Kind of the same here, I thought they were going to limit the number of firearms one could claim lost while boating. They’ve been reading the forums about these “accidents”. :biggrinjester:

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 25011
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: New Boating Law

#9

Post by The Annoyed Man » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:30 pm

Hopefully there’s no clause making it a problem to lose your guns in a lake.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.

User avatar

anygunanywhere
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 7311
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:16 am
Location: La Grange, Texas

Re: New Boating Law

#10

Post by anygunanywhere » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:42 pm

I always was under the understanding that when you felt you had to lose your guns it was time to use them.
"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: Its patriotism, Its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within." Joseph Stalin

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 25011
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: New Boating Law

#11

Post by The Annoyed Man » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:58 pm

anygunanywhere wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:42 pm
I always was under the understanding that when you felt you had to lose your guns it was time to use them.
Yes it is, but c'mon.....that was a pretty good "gun owners are terrible boaters" joke. :mrgreen:
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.

User avatar

anygunanywhere
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 7311
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:16 am
Location: La Grange, Texas

Re: New Boating Law

#12

Post by anygunanywhere » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:10 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:58 pm
anygunanywhere wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:42 pm
I always was under the understanding that when you felt you had to lose your guns it was time to use them.
Yes it is, but c'mon.....that was a pretty good "gun owners are terrible boaters" joke. :mrgreen:
That was. Boat humor is great.

Mrs. Anygun will not ride with me in a boat. She doesn't think that air belongs between the water and hull. :smilelol5:
"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: Its patriotism, Its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within." Joseph Stalin

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 25011
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: New Boating Law

#13

Post by The Annoyed Man » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:00 pm

anygunanywhere wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:10 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:58 pm
anygunanywhere wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:42 pm
I always was under the understanding that when you felt you had to lose your guns it was time to use them.
Yes it is, but c'mon.....that was a pretty good "gun owners are terrible boaters" joke. :mrgreen:
That was. Boat humor is great.

Mrs. Anygun will not ride with me in a boat. She doesn't think that air belongs between the water and hull. :smilelol5:
She’s smarter than you are! "rlol" Boats belong solidly on the water, same as there’s no reason to jump out of a perfectly good airplane.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.

User avatar

anygunanywhere
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 7311
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:16 am
Location: La Grange, Texas

Re: New Boating Law

#14

Post by anygunanywhere » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:43 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:00 pm
anygunanywhere wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:10 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:58 pm
anygunanywhere wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:42 pm
I always was under the understanding that when you felt you had to lose your guns it was time to use them.
Yes it is, but c'mon.....that was a pretty good "gun owners are terrible boaters" joke. :mrgreen:
That was. Boat humor is great.

Mrs. Anygun will not ride with me in a boat. She doesn't think that air belongs between the water and hull. :smilelol5:
She’s smarter than you are! "rlol" Boats belong solidly on the water, same as there’s no reason to jump out of a perfectly good airplane.
Yeah well I was 19, home on leave, in my dads boat, my hottie in the boat with me. You know how testosterone is.
"America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: Its patriotism, Its morality, and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within." Joseph Stalin

User avatar

Lynyrd
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1330
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:20 am
Location: East Texas

Re: New Boating Law

#15

Post by Lynyrd » Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:13 pm

snapcap45 wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:10 am
We're gonna need a bigger boat!
"rlol" "rlol" "rlol"
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”