Page 3 of 4

Re: I'm Ashamed.

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:14 pm
by ScottDLS
imkopaka wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:44 pm
RPBrown wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:07 am
I know that in prior topics it was said that we have effectively been given oral notice about OC at Walmart. However, nothing was stated about Sams Club. I went to the local ((to me) Samss yesterday, saw no signs so I OC’d and not a word was said to me about it
I disagree about the oral notice. There is nothing in law that suggests such blanket statements can be used as oral notice. If they could, a whole lot more license holders would be facing charges right now. The text of the law does not support this, nor does its application so far provide precedent for it.
:iagree:

Yes. Let's look at the exact wording of the law:

PC §30.07. TRESPASS BY LICENSE HOLDER WITH AN OPENLY CARRIED
HANDGUN.
(a) A license holder commits an offense if the license holder:
(1) openly carries a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H, Chapter
411, Government Code, on property of another without effective consent; and
(2) received notice that entry on the property by a license holder openly
carrying a handgun was forbidden.

(b) For purposes of this section, a person receives notice if the owner of the
property or someone with apparent authority to act for the owner provides notice
to the person
by oral or written communication.
...

Provides notice TO THE PERSON...

Somebody on an internet board told me... that the WalMart CEO said... that WalMart doesn't want people to carry guns openly in their stores...

Maybe I caught the end of his interview on TV on MSLSD where he said that... or maybe I didn't. Did you? (rhetorical). Also, let's be practical. Many of us have heard reports that Wal-Mart doesn't want open carry in it's stores. IMO that does not qualify as receiving oral notice under 30.07 that entry onto the property (of any given Texas Wal-Mart) by a license holder openly carrying a handgun under the authority of Subchapter H Chapter 411...is forbidden.

So say I go to my Wal-Mart neighborhood market today and open carry. Is the manager going to call the police, have them arrive, and then demand that they give me a ticket for violating TXPC 30.07, because the CEO gave me oral notice? OK let's say I get the ticket. I'll go to JP court, and tell the prosecutor that I didn't receive notice and he can't prove I did, so he should drop the case. If he doesn't I'll ask for a jury trial and have him present his proof beyond a reasonable doubt that I received notice. OR I could raise the Defense that I am a Volunteer Emergency Response Person (VERP). But let's just say I'm not, I still didn't receive notice. Now I always conceal and carry at places where I have a suspicion that they do not want open carry, but they at least owe it to us to post the signs if they REALLY object to open carry.

Re: I'm Ashamed.

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:14 pm
by MadMonkey
I haven't spent a dime at Walmart since their latest anti gun statements.

I mean, I've been in Afghanistan this whole time but that's beside the point :biggrinjester:

Re: I'm Ashamed.

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:53 pm
by 03Lightningrocks
MadMonkey wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:14 pm
I haven't spent a dime at Walmart since their latest anti gun statements.

I mean, I've been in Afghanistan this whole time but that's beside the point :biggrinjester:
Holy cow! Afghanistan??? Glad you made it back safe. Do you get news there or is it all filtered?

Re: I'm Ashamed.

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:15 pm
by DynamicDan
I see where it is not really being enforced.

Re: I'm Ashamed.

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:50 pm
by RPBrown
Walmart is actually saving lives—we can’t get shot there if we don’t shop there :lol::

Re: I'm Ashamed.

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:58 pm
by MadMonkey
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:53 pm
MadMonkey wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:14 pm
I haven't spent a dime at Walmart since their latest anti gun statements.

I mean, I've been in Afghanistan this whole time but that's beside the point :biggrinjester:
Holy cow! Afghanistan??? Glad you made it back safe. Do you get news there or is it all filtered?
I'm still over here :cool: (I'm a military contractor, not actually in the military). I have a few sites blocked due to where our internet comes from but otherwise nothing is filtered or censored, so I stay up to date.

Apparently somebody on my other internet access was naughty because it shows I'm permabanned here ;-)

Re: I'm Ashamed.

Posted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:57 pm
by 03Lightningrocks
MadMonkey wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:58 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:53 pm
MadMonkey wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:14 pm
I haven't spent a dime at Walmart since their latest anti gun statements.

I mean, I've been in Afghanistan this whole time but that's beside the point :biggrinjester:
Holy cow! Afghanistan??? Glad you made it back safe. Do you get news there or is it all filtered?
I'm still over here :cool: (I'm a military contractor, not actually in the military). I have a few sites blocked due to where our internet comes from but otherwise nothing is filtered or censored, so I stay up to date.

Apparently somebody on my other internet access was naughty because it shows I'm permabanned here ;-)
Well stay safe just the same. Interesting occupation. Sometimes I regret not seeing more of the world.

Re: I'm Ashamed.

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:57 am
by flechero
ScottDLS wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:27 am
Sorry I'm going to Target (which by the way has said nothing about carry in their stores AFAIK).
Actually- Target was the first to request "no guns" [oc or cc] by the ceo, back when all the oc protesting was going on! That's also about the time the announced that you could use the restroom of the gender you "identified" with, regardless of anatomy. :mad5

target is actually worse than wm.

Re: I'm Ashamed.

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:02 am
by flechero
Target spokesman Molly Snyder told the Wire that they are “requesting that people do not carry any firearms in our stores, including concealed carry. We will continue to follow local laws, however, concealed weapons are included in our position.” However, Target has no plans to actually enforce its request. Jul 3, 2014
not the original article but the first one that i saw dated on my quick search....

Re: I'm Ashamed.

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:16 am
by 03Lightningrocks
I just don't get it. What is making these otherwise intelligent people think that a person intent on doing harm with a firearm is going to stay away because of the stores policy of forbidding guns?

Re: I'm Ashamed.

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:40 am
by Tex1961
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:16 am
I just don't get it. What is making these otherwise intelligent people think that a person intent on doing harm with a firearm is going to stay away because of the stores policy of forbidding guns?
I don’t think they do. They want to say that they’ve done something proactive, it makes them feel good about themselves. That they want their customers to “Feel Safe” it’s a numbers game. Granted there’s Dicks CEO who does have an anti gun agenda, but I think the rest just run the numbers. Look at the posts here. How many of us due to circumstances still have to go to Walmart, CVS, Kroger, etc. 2 weeks ago all in the same day I had to go to all 3 of those stores. I waltzed right in with my trusty 9mm tucked safely under my shirt. I’ve turned around plenty of times when seeing a 30.06 and found somewhere else to shop, but went right in past 30.07 signs.

Re: I'm Ashamed.

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:14 am
by ScottDLS
flechero wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:57 am
ScottDLS wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:27 am
Sorry I'm going to Target (which by the way has said nothing about carry in their stores AFAIK).
Actually- Target was the first to request "no guns" [oc or cc] by the ceo, back when all the oc protesting was going on! That's also about the time the announced that you could use the restroom of the gender you "identified" with, regardless of anatomy. :mad5

target is actually worse than wm.
Thanks for the info. Since it’s been 5 years and they haven’t posted any signs I’ll just keep CCing there and at WalMart and Starbucks :totap:

Re: I'm Ashamed.

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:22 am
by 03Lightningrocks
ScottDLS wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:14 am
flechero wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:57 am
ScottDLS wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:27 am
Sorry I'm going to Target (which by the way has said nothing about carry in their stores AFAIK).
Actually- Target was the first to request "no guns" [oc or cc] by the ceo, back when all the oc protesting was going on! That's also about the time the announced that you could use the restroom of the gender you "identified" with, regardless of anatomy. :mad5

target is actually worse than wm.
Thanks for the info. Since it’s been 5 years and they haven’t posted any signs I’ll just keep CCing there and at WalMart and Starbucks :totap:
That is what I think also. Just conceal carry in these places. The sheeple can feel like it is somehow safe and you can still defend yourself and loved ones. Hopefully some of these places don't let their anti open carry agenda spill over to concealed carry.

Re: I'm Ashamed.

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:42 am
by RoyGBiv
MadMonkey wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:58 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:53 pm
MadMonkey wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 7:14 pm
I haven't spent a dime at Walmart since their latest anti gun statements.

I mean, I've been in Afghanistan this whole time but that's beside the point :biggrinjester:
Holy cow! Afghanistan??? Glad you made it back safe. Do you get news there or is it all filtered?
I'm still over here :cool: (I'm a military contractor, not actually in the military). I have a few sites blocked due to where our internet comes from but otherwise nothing is filtered or censored, so I stay up to date.

Apparently somebody on my other internet access was naughty because it shows I'm permabanned here ;-)
The forum blocks from some non US IP's. I run into the same Permaban problem traveling internationally sometimes. A VPN to a Dallas IP usually works.

Re: I'm Ashamed.

Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:03 am
by narcissist
montgomery wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:25 am
narcissist wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:45 pm
Yesterday my wife needed baby stuff and we were right by ( WALMART ).

Noooo, I said but wifey was insistent on going, I explained there's a baby boutique about 60 miles away we could go to instead but she just laughed, most people would to I guess?

I stayed in the Vehicle and wouldn't go in at least but my hard earned money was wasted at a 2a, Gun, Freedom Hating Establishment.

Please forgive me, lol. Has anyone else spent money there or am I the only idiot so far?
So you sent your wife into Walmart, filled with felons and VCAs on any given day, alone while you protested their decision to stop selling ammunition? I would be ashamed too ... and divorced.
Got a point but I was thinking about trading her in on a newer model, say a 1998 Blond. Lol jk