1st Saturday LTC breakfast: Terrell/Tyler/East Texas friends.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Lena
Posts in topic: 20

Re: 1st Saturday LTC breakfast: Terrell/Tyler/East Texas friends.

Post by Lena »

Come on folks lets not let this be a 1 time affair!
Stay Safe

Lena

Post by Lena »

Like watching paint dry here, will check tonight 1 more time but looking for other things Sat unless several commit.
Stay Safe

Lena

Post by Lena »

well we tried!
Stay Safe

C-dub
Posts in topic: 8

Post by C-dub »

It won't be a one and done. It'll happen again.

You're great and all Lena, but it'll take more than just you to get me outta bed that early on a Saturday morning when it'll be in the 30's. :biggrinjester:
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Lena

Post by Lena »

Agreed I am with you! I was hoping this would take off like some others have, yes sir will be a cool morning, I may go shoot at the club.
Stay Safe

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Lena wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 7:38 pm Agreed I am with you! I was hoping this would take off like some others have, yes sir will be a cool morning, I may go shoot at the club.
I'll be out on Sunday for the 5-stand. I was thinking about going out to shoot after breakfast and/or cruising a couple stores looking for another 1911. Just beginning to look for my second one. :roll:

However, that can wait another week or two or four.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Lena

Post by Lena »

I would like to shoot if not to muddy, I will know for sure tomorrow when and if mid morning would be the time, not long ago we went to Ray's Hardware in Dallas Singleton at Sylvan he has a ton of them, GT cop shop in Garland had some also.
Stay Safe

Lynyrd
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Lynyrd »

This Saturday is the National Holiday of Texas. Opening day of deer season (at least for gun season). That's probably why very few are responding.
Do what you say you're gonna do.

Lena

Post by Lena »

Met friends at range, many shooters out today. We left and had a very good lunch after cleaning 1911s, and back ups. About 300-400 rounds shot.
Stay Safe

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Posts in topic: 9
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Lena: This past Saturday, 11/2/19, strogg got busy with work, and I neglected to put in my vote early enough, about attending. We both planned on coming, but didn't step up early enough. We will make every effort to make the "1st Saturday East Texas breakfast" on December 6, 2019.

It won't be the opening day of hunting season so maybe we can get some new East Texas faces to the next one. If C-dub has that weekend off, we just need to prevail on him to wear a jacket and not be afraid of the cold (see last Saturday's excuse!).

A native Minnesotan was contacted by the press when he reported -35 degrees Farenheit.
Press: Is there such a thing as "too cold"?
Minnesotan: No, but there is such a thing as not wearing enough clothing! :-)

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Sun Nov 03, 2019 5:17 pm Lena: This past Saturday, 11/2/19, strogg got busy with work, and I neglected to put in my vote early enough, about attending. We both planned on coming, but didn't step up early enough. We will make every effort to make the "1st Saturday East Texas breakfast" on December 6, 2019.

It won't be the opening day of hunting season so maybe we can get some new East Texas faces to the next one. If C-dub has that weekend off, we just need to prevail on him to wear a jacket and not be afraid of the cold (see last Saturday's excuse!).

A native Minnesotan was contacted by the press when he reported -35 degrees Farenheit.
Press: Is there such a thing as "too cold"?
Minnesotan: No, but there is such a thing as not wearing enough clothing! :-)

SIA
Duude! :biggrinjester:

Remember when I rode to Frisco when it was below freezing? Cold wasn't really the problem. Lena's great and all, but to get me outta bed from my wife at that hour and temp was gonna take more than just him.

It was all for the best anyway. We put in a few hundred square feet of wood flooring in on Friday and OMG am I getting too old to do that! Especially without kneepads. I was thankful that Lena and I had agreed to not do breakfast Saturday morning. I don't think I even got outta bed until 1000. Then I rode up to Whitewright for a Partriot Guard Rider mission for a Vietnam Veteran that was a Navy Seal. I was sore as all heck, but I had to make sure there was someone there. We had 7 missions in North Texas Saturday. I think we ended up with 7-8 riders up in Whitewright, but there could've only been 2-3 for all I knew leaving my house. For my Dad last year only one showed up on 2-days short notice.

Anyway, my weekends don't align up with the first Saturday off again until March 7. My wife might even come to that one because we may go on to the John Bunker Sands Wetlands after breakfast to see the Bald Eagles if they're there. That is also out in Seagoville. The prison isn't the only thing to see. :smilelol5:

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

It's time to think about another "1st Saturday East Texas breakfast". It will be 11 days from now on December 7, 2019.

strogg and I are going to go. Lena is the next obvious person to go. Anyone else who is planning to go, please reply via this thread.

As listed on the opening entry on this thread, the site is the Country Pride Restaurant, inside the truck stop, off the Wilson Road exit of I-20, Terrell, Texas, 800 AM until whenever we get tired of talking guns and everything else.

We look forward to meeting some East Texas LTC folks.

SIA.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I can't make that one because I'll be in my lab. I will be able and so far plan on being at the Frisco one the week after.

Topic author
surprise_i'm_armed

Tomorrow, 12/7/19 is the "1st Saturday" East Texas breakfast, 800 AM, Country Pride restaurant, off I-20's Wilson Road exit, in Terrell.

strogg and I will definitely be there. We'd like to see some East Texas folks. We will be OC'ing. I will have my Santa hat on.

SIA

Return to “Off-Topic”