Woman killed by FT Worth PD officer

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Frankie
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Woman killed by FT Worth PD officer

Post by Frankie »

anygunanywhere wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:31 pm
Frankie wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:28 pm That was fast!

Fort Worth police officer jailed on mu ... ndex.html.
Linky no worky
Thanks, went back and fixed my original post.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 20

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Fort Worth police officer jailed on murder charge after resigning in shooting that killed woman in home

https://www.foxnews.com/us/fort-worth-p ... estigation
It is all well and good that the officer is facing charges and has been disciplined(fired). But the Ft. Worth Police department as a whole needs to be under investigation. It is apparently obvious that they call a swat style commando raid a ":wellness check". That is actually what is responsible for this womans death. I hope they are not allowed to brush the blame off on an officer performing under their direction. A wellness check has always been and should always be, a knock on the door and ask if you are OK thing!

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 4

Post by anygunanywhere »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:52 pm

Fort Worth police officer jailed on murder charge after resigning in shooting that killed woman in home

It is all well and good that the officer is facing charges and has been disciplined(fired). But the Ft. Worth Police department as a whole needs to be under investigation. It is apparently obvious that they call a swat style commando raid a ":wellness check". That is actually what is responsible for this womans death. I hope they are not allowed to brush the blame off on an officer performing under their direction. A wellness check has always been and should always be, a knock on the door and ask if you are OK thing!
:iagree:
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

flintknapper
Banned

Post by flintknapper »

Grayling813 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:52 pm
flechero wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:17 pm It also makes me sick that even FOX was reporting this as "another white officer shooting a black person" in the tease of the story. :banghead:
FOX News is increasingly left wing and well on the way to becoming another fake news outlet.
I find myself watching OAN (One America News ch. 347) much more than FOX these days.

The same coverage of important events but LOTS of other news as well. Plus I don't have to suffer through the likes of Juan Williams and the other representative Liberals. Fox has always prided itself on being 'fair and balanced' but WHY these days? We've long ago slipped into a culture war, pick a side. Sorry, but that's where we are folks.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!

joe817
Posts in topic: 1

Post by joe817 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:52 pm

:iagree: To me, it seemed more like a sting operation than anything else.
Diplomacy is the Art of Letting Someone Have Your Way
TSRA
Colt Gov't Model .380

dlh

Post by dlh »

All of this reminds me of the botched raid in Houston--what is the status of those cases? Grand jury indictments?...Trial settings?...
Old Art promised complete transparency--yeah---until everybody lawyered up and "went to ground."
Please know and follow the rules of firearms safety.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

This is not good for nobody!

The apparent uninformed shooter has apparently resigned from the Police Force. What does this say about the training, education, and training of new recruits, their backgrounds, and their leadership? C'mon, guys, this is TEXAS, let's get it right, please?

philip964
Posts in topic: 10

Post by philip964 »

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... SIGNS.html

Full blown murder.

That seems over charging. But mayoral elections are soon.

How many shots did he fire, if one, he could have had his finger on the trigger and she startled him.

Chaparral

Post by Chaparral »

philip964 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:13 pm https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... SIGNS.html

Full blown murder.

How many shots did he fire, if one, he could have had his finger on the trigger and she startled him.
He wasn’t too startled to be shouting commands as he fired. Are cops trained to perform a non-emergency welfare check with their finger on the trigger? Amber Guyger at least had a plausible story of mistaken fact, if not real fear for her life. The Mayor said the gun found in the house was “irrelevant”, so, apparently not in the victim’s hands at the time. Seems to me a clearer case of murder than that of Amber Guyger.

cirus

Post by cirus »

And the left wants to disarm us and leave our safety up to these guys? :nono:

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 5

Post by chasfm11 »

Oldgringo wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:01 pm This is not good for nobody!

The apparent uninformed shooter has apparently resigned from the Police Force. What does this say about the training, education, and training of new recruits, their backgrounds, and their leadership? C'mon, guys, this is TEXAS, let's get it right, please?
Look over the past few years and the chiefs of police in FW. I believe that the outcome of the Jerry Waller case determined that there would be more police shootings of innocent citizens.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Chaparral wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:45 pm
philip964 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:13 pm https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... SIGNS.html

Full blown murder.

He wasn’t too startled to be shouting commands as he fired. Are cops trained to perform a non-emergency welfare check with their finger on the trigger? Amber Guyger at least had a plausible story of mistaken fact, if not real fear for her life. The Mayor said the gun found in the house was “irrelevant”, so, apparently not in the victim’s hands at the time. Seems to me a clearer case of murder than that of Amber Guyger.
In light of the publicly available information at this time, I think murder is the appropriate charge. I had just said that to my wife moments before the arrest came out in the news.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Grayling813 »

Full blown murder.

Over charging? :banghead: The cop executed a woman whose only provocation was being seen through the window of her home.
She startled him by appearing in her window? He wasn’t startled, he was amped up and ready to kill without hesitation just like Guyger.
How many innocent citizens have to die at the hands of nervous/scared/poorly trained police officers before the chiefs and city officials fix the problems in their departments?
Perhaps a couple of chiefs need to do some time or be held personally financially responsible for the actions of their employees.

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Oldgringo »

The former officer has been charged with murder.

Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

Full blown murder.

I don't think it is overcharging. Apparently the suspect in this case refuses to cooperate with police, which is his right. But that also means there is no way to determine his motives for the killing. Based solely on the facts, and assuming the worst possible motive, murder seems like an appropriate charge.

Any lesser charge would require a belief that the shooting was accidental, etc., but that is really hard to show if the suspect is not saying anything.

Return to “Off-Topic”