No place but Washington State including Seattle naturally

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 10557
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

No place but Washington State including Seattle naturally

#1

Post by philip964 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:36 pm



WTR
Banned
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1931
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:41 pm

Re: No place but Washington State including Seattle naturally

#2

Post by WTR » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:43 pm

Maybe they need to watch Hidden Figures and see what an equalizer math can be.


crazy2medic
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1729
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2015 9:59 am

Re: No place but Washington State including Seattle naturally

#3

Post by crazy2medic » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:59 pm

That is the stooopidest thing I have ever read
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 8711
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: No place but Washington State including Seattle naturally

#4

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:03 pm

Do Libtards sit around and try to come up with the dumbest idea possible in an effort to out dumb the last dumb idea?This crap is getting ridiculous. For gods sake, please, somebody stop them! The madness they exhibit has no bounds.

User avatar

Daddio-on-patio
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 225
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2016 2:00 pm
Location: Fort Worth area

Re: No place but Washington State including Seattle naturally

#5

Post by Daddio-on-patio » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:38 pm

I will give credit to the writer for recognizing the absurdity of this with regard to watering down the teaching of math science by muddling it with a social science. However, he failed to argue, likely on purpose, how this is just another nibble at the heels of the American Spirit by leftist socialist. Good gravy!
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

User avatar

Oldgringo
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 11092
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:15 pm
Location: Pineywoods of east Texas

Re: No place but Washington State including Seattle naturally

#6

Post by Oldgringo » Thu Oct 24, 2019 1:35 pm

We served as seasonal employee Camp Hosts on Flathead Lake in NW Montana for 5 summers. After a while, we didn't have to look at license plates to recognize the left coast loonies. They seem to have an air about them.


imkopaka
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 478
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:30 pm
Location: Lamesa, TX

Re: No place but Washington State including Seattle naturally

#7

Post by imkopaka » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:33 pm

Every day I am happier and happier to be out of that hell hole.
Never bring a knife to a gun fight.
Carry gun: Springfield XD Tactical .45

User avatar

WildBill
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 17076
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:53 pm
Location: Houston

Re: No place but Washington State including Seattle naturally

#8

Post by WildBill » Thu Oct 24, 2019 3:00 pm

Maybe it's just a way to create government jobs for people who get their PhDs from 5th rate schools in really stupid subjects. :tiphat:
NRA Endowment Member


OneGun
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:22 am
Location: Houston

Re: No place but Washington State including Seattle naturally

#9

Post by OneGun » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:24 pm

A draft of the curriculum, which was covered in an article in Education Week, would teach students how to “explain how math and technology and/or science are connected and how technology and/or science have (sic) been and continues to be used to oppress and marginalize people and communities of color,”
Really? Math is oppressive and marginalizes people of color?

I thought, one plus one equals 2. Now if I'm a person of color, what does one plus one equal?? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

I really thought that math and science was the language that did not discriminate. Pi = 3.1415.... Avogadro's number was always 6.022 X 10^23. There was no subjectiveness.

So, why is math oppressive now?
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!


mayor
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 328
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:47 pm
Location: Wise county - N. of Fort Worth

Re: No place but Washington State including Seattle naturally

#10

Post by mayor » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:52 pm

OneGun wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:24 pm
A draft of the curriculum, which was covered in an article in Education Week, would teach students how to “explain how math and technology and/or science are connected and how technology and/or science have (sic) been and continues to be used to oppress and marginalize people and communities of color,”
Really? Math is oppressive and marginalizes people of color?

I thought, one plus one equals 2. Now if I'm a person of color, what does one plus one equal?? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

I really thought that math and science was the language that did not discriminate. Pi = 3.1415.... Avogadro's number was always 6.022 X 10^23. There was no subjectiveness.

So, why is math oppressive now?
because logic says that 2+7 = 27. can't you see that?

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 8711
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: No place but Washington State including Seattle naturally

#11

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:54 pm

OneGun wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:24 pm
A draft of the curriculum, which was covered in an article in Education Week, would teach students how to “explain how math and technology and/or science are connected and how technology and/or science have (sic) been and continues to be used to oppress and marginalize people and communities of color,”
Really? Math is oppressive and marginalizes people of color?

I thought, one plus one equals 2. Now if I'm a person of color, what does one plus one equal?? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

I really thought that math and science was the language that did not discriminate. Pi = 3.1415.... Avogadro's number was always 6.022 X 10^23. There was no subjectiveness.

So, why is math oppressive now?
You obviously suffer from white male privilege and a severe case of toxic masculinity. You need to take the class so you too can become woke. :biggrinjester:


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1804
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: No place but Washington State including Seattle naturally

#12

Post by TreyHouston » Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:28 pm

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:54 pm
OneGun wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:24 pm
A draft of the curriculum, which was covered in an article in Education Week, would teach students how to “explain how math and technology and/or science are connected and how technology and/or science have (sic) been and continues to be used to oppress and marginalize people and communities of color,”
Really? Math is oppressive and marginalizes people of color?

I thought, one plus one equals 2. Now if I'm a person of color, what does one plus one equal?? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

I really thought that math and science was the language that did not discriminate. Pi = 3.1415.... Avogadro's number was always 6.022 X 10^23. There was no subjectiveness.

So, why is math oppressive now?
You obviously suffer from white male privilege and a severe case of toxic masculinity. You need to take the class so you too can become woke. :biggrinjester:
Why do you assume he is a male, even then you assume he wants to be called a male? Why do you assume he is white? The person may identify as a lizard.

You are being racist, xenophobic, sexist, and class phobic "rlol" :evil2:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 8711
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: No place but Washington State including Seattle naturally

#13

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:45 pm

TreyHouston wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:28 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:54 pm
OneGun wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:24 pm
A draft of the curriculum, which was covered in an article in Education Week, would teach students how to “explain how math and technology and/or science are connected and how technology and/or science have (sic) been and continues to be used to oppress and marginalize people and communities of color,”
Really? Math is oppressive and marginalizes people of color?

I thought, one plus one equals 2. Now if I'm a person of color, what does one plus one equal?? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

I really thought that math and science was the language that did not discriminate. Pi = 3.1415.... Avogadro's number was always 6.022 X 10^23. There was no subjectiveness.

So, why is math oppressive now?
You obviously suffer from white male privilege and a severe case of toxic masculinity. You need to take the class so you too can become woke. :biggrinjester:
Why do you assume he is a male, even then you assume he wants to be called a male? Why do you assume he is white? The person may identify as a lizard.

You are being racist, xenophobic, sexist, and class phobic "rlol" :evil2:
Wow! You have helped me to see my extreme lack of wokeness. Maybe I should sign up for the social awareness math courses. :coolgleamA:


OneGun
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:22 am
Location: Houston

Re: No place but Washington State including Seattle naturally

#14

Post by OneGun » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:52 am

TreyHouston wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:28 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:54 pm
OneGun wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:24 pm
A draft of the curriculum, which was covered in an article in Education Week, would teach students how to “explain how math and technology and/or science are connected and how technology and/or science have (sic) been and continues to be used to oppress and marginalize people and communities of color,”
Really? Math is oppressive and marginalizes people of color?

I thought, one plus one equals 2. Now if I'm a person of color, what does one plus one equal?? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

I really thought that math and science was the language that did not discriminate. Pi = 3.1415.... Avogadro's number was always 6.022 X 10^23. There was no subjectiveness.

So, why is math oppressive now?
You obviously suffer from white male privilege and a severe case of toxic masculinity. You need to take the class so you too can become woke. :biggrinjester:
Why do you assume he is a male, even then you assume he wants to be called a male? Why do you assume he is white? The person may identify as a lizard.

You are being racist, xenophobic, sexist, and class phobic "rlol" :evil2:
I am so triggered that I am writing this from my safe space, "the arsenal". First of all, I do not identify as a Lizard! I am not trans-species, yet. My biological race/gender was a cis-gender white-male. Second, I am transient racial. On any given day, I may identify as an African-American, Caucasian American, Native-American, or Hispanic-American. If you don't apologize, I am going to sing rap songs as I am throwing my tomahawk at you, while making tamales at the front of the kitchen and then tweeting how you oppressed me.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!


OneGun
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 871
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:22 am
Location: Houston

Re: No place but Washington State including Seattle naturally

#15

Post by OneGun » Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:53 am

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:45 pm
TreyHouston wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 8:28 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:54 pm
OneGun wrote:
Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:24 pm
A draft of the curriculum, which was covered in an article in Education Week, would teach students how to “explain how math and technology and/or science are connected and how technology and/or science have (sic) been and continues to be used to oppress and marginalize people and communities of color,”
Really? Math is oppressive and marginalizes people of color?

I thought, one plus one equals 2. Now if I'm a person of color, what does one plus one equal?? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

I really thought that math and science was the language that did not discriminate. Pi = 3.1415.... Avogadro's number was always 6.022 X 10^23. There was no subjectiveness.

So, why is math oppressive now?
You obviously suffer from white male privilege and a severe case of toxic masculinity. You need to take the class so you too can become woke. :biggrinjester:
Why do you assume he is a male, even then you assume he wants to be called a male? Why do you assume he is white? The person may identify as a lizard.

You are being racist, xenophobic, sexist, and class phobic "rlol" :evil2:
Wow! You have helped me to see my extreme lack of wokeness. Maybe I should sign up for the social awareness math courses. :coolgleamA:
The only math you need is Trump = 20+20 = 2020!
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”