Special Election Today

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
remanifest
Posts in topic: 2

Special Election Today

Post by remanifest »

There is a special election today. Are you voting?

https://www.corsicanadailysun.com/news/ ... 33f26.html

Here are my votes:
Against Proposition 1
Against Proposition 2
For Proposition 3
For Proposition 4
For Proposition 5
Against Proposition 6
Against Proposition 7
Against Proposition 8
For Proposition 9
For Proposition 10
"They will not force us, and they will stop degrading us. They will not control us, and we will be victorious. Rise up and take the power back. We have to unify and watch our flag ascend."
- Muse - Uprising

oljames3

Re: Special Election Today

Post by oljames3 »

After spending 34 years in uniform, I tend to take the act of not voting seriously, if not personally. I tell my children that how they vote is not as important as why they vote; that they should be able to articulate a logical reason.

So, yes, we'll be voting today (if not having already voted early).
:txflag:
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

pushpullpete
Posts in topic: 1

Post by pushpullpete »

oljames3 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:09 pm I tend to take the act of not voting seriously, if not personally. I tell my children that how they vote is not as important as why they vote; that they should be able to articulate a logical reason.

So, yes, we'll be voting today (if not having already voted early).
:txflag:
:iagree: :iagree:

The Mrs & I already voted. VERY important part of the world we live in.

:txflag: :patriot:

Jnazee

Post by Jnazee »

:txflag: Voted

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Voted early. Easier than taking time off today.
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Put me down with the same tally as the OP.

AND, a big fat no on a $10million (10,000,000) bond to give to the high school. I'm afraid I will be in the minority on that one and my property taxes will go up some more. :banghead:
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Papa_Tiger

Post by Papa_Tiger »

jason812 wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:55 pm Put me down with the same tally as the OP.

AND, a big fat no on a $10million (10,000,000) bond to give to the high school. I'm afraid I will be in the minority on that one and my property taxes will go up some more. :banghead:
$10m? That is small potatoes! On my ballot were nearly half a billion in road and park bonds!

Jago668

Post by Jago668 »

Early voting makes it so much easier. I voted like Wednesday last week. Wife voted tonight.
NRA Benefactor Member

Topic author
remanifest

Post by remanifest »

Unfortunately, Texans voted for a bunch of pork...
  • 200M for the Texas Water Development board
  • An additional 3B for the Cancer Prevention and Research Institute of Texas at a clip of 300M per year
  • $600M x 2 from the Permanent School Fund to the General Land Office and State Board of Education
  • A blank check for the Flood Infrastructure Fund
So, 3.8B + an unknown amount added to our budget. Damn.
"They will not force us, and they will stop degrading us. They will not control us, and we will be victorious. Rise up and take the power back. We have to unify and watch our flag ascend."
- Muse - Uprising

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

My biggest issue is not with people who decide not to vote, but rather with those folks who feel the need to vote for every race and every measure whether they know anything about it or not. For example, if you don't even know the basic responsibilities of a position, or anything about the people running, then just skip that one! And yes, this includes the "straight ticket" voters. Personally, I would not only eliminate that option, but would also remove the D and R indicators from the candidates names.

This is analogous to the old adage of "it's better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt". In this case I would rephrase it as, "it's better to not cast a vote than to cast a completely uninformed one."

Just my 2 cents.

RicoTX

Post by RicoTX »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:28 pm My biggest issue is not with people who decide not to vote, but rather with those folks who feel the need to vote for every race and every measure whether they know anything about it or not. For example, if you don't even know the basic responsibilities of a position, or anything about the people running, then just skip that one! And yes, this includes the "straight ticket" voters. Personally, I would not only eliminate that option, but would also remove the D and R indicators from the candidates names.

This is analogous to the old adage of "it's better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt". In this case I would rephrase it as, "it's better to not cast a vote than to cast a completely uninformed one."

Just my 2 cents.
I agree on all of it!
However, the party machines would never let that happen :-(
NRA Endowment Life Member
TSRA Member
GOA Member

TreyHouston

Post by TreyHouston »

Then you have people like my stepson’s mother. She wotes for all the women first then goes back and checks the box for hispanics then any other foreign name. :banghead:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

I spent my adult life protecting, among other things, the right of Americans to vote ... and to be as stupid as they want to be.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Flightmare

Post by Flightmare »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:28 pm My biggest issue is not with people who decide not to vote, but rather with those folks who feel the need to vote for every race and every measure whether they know anything about it or not. For example, if you don't even know the basic responsibilities of a position, or anything about the people running, then just skip that one! And yes, this includes the "straight ticket" voters. Personally, I would not only eliminate that option, but would also remove the D and R indicators from the candidates names.

Just my 2 cents.
FYI, straight ticket voting WAS eliminated by the Texas legislature this past session. So you have half of what you wanted.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

Return to “Off-Topic”