Any bank recommendations?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Any bank recommendations?

Post by crazy2medic »

LDP wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:50 pm
crazy2medic wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:46 pm I bank at Wells Fargo, I open carry and nobody as said a word to me!
oljames3 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:37 pm I carry openly as my default method. Every time I speak with a teller or bank officer, I have my M&P M2.0 9mm 5inch on my hip.

I have experienced good customer service at all of the branches I have visited in central Texas.
Good to know, thank you.
Do your banks perchance have those non-compliant "gun buster" signs on the doors?

Our (BBVA) does. No 06 or 07 signage, just a silly handgun drawing in a slashed circle. I have no idea whether they are clueless or just funny.
I might find out one day when I happen to OC. And we'll see whether they honor our constitution. I hope so. But if they don't, I will probaly feel bad if I trigger some silly 06 and 07 signs.
Nope no signs at all!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

crazy2medic wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 7:02 pm
LDP wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:50 pm
crazy2medic wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:46 pm I bank at Wells Fargo, I open carry and nobody as said a word to me!
oljames3 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:37 pm I carry openly as my default method. Every time I speak with a teller or bank officer, I have my M&P M2.0 9mm 5inch on my hip.

I have experienced good customer service at all of the branches I have visited in central Texas.
Good to know, thank you.
Do your banks perchance have those non-compliant "gun buster" signs on the doors?

Our (BBVA) does. No 06 or 07 signage, just a silly handgun drawing in a slashed circle. I have no idea whether they are clueless or just funny.
I might find out one day when I happen to OC. And we'll see whether they honor our constitution. I hope so. But if they don't, I will probaly feel bad if I trigger some silly 06 and 07 signs.
Nope no signs at all!
Same here. No signs that I have seen in the Austin area. However, Texas3006 reports two posted in San Antonio and one in Houston.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

Topic author
tomneal
Posts in topic: 4

Post by tomneal »

Chase is one of the primary banks on my 'good' list.
See you at the range
NRA Life, TSRA Life, USPSA Life, Mensa (not worth $50 per year so it's expired)
Tom (Retired May 2019) Neal

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RPBrown »

We have had our personal account at Chase for many years without issue.
We tried Wells Fargo for our business when we first opened only because they were close. Had multiple problems with them the first 6 months so we closed that account and moved everything to Chase. 6 years there now with business account and still no issues
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

ScottDLS

Post by ScottDLS »

Take Down Sicko wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:01 am I bank at Chase Bank. Jamie Dimon,the CEO is pro Trump. Never had one problem in many years of banking there. No posted signs.
Dimon is a big Democrat. Did he really come out as supporting Trump? On what issues or is he supporting him for re-election? The Chase that closes accounts of conservatives? NY Post May 2019.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

Yep, Chase here. Never saw a sign posted. It's also good to have Chase branches everywhere you go, especially if you're out of town and need access to your account or a money order or something. I was recently stuck in downtown Houston need a $6 money order right NOW. Wells Fargo wouldn't give me one because I didn't have an account there, even though I had cash in hand. Found a Chase nearby and got it.

Anyway, yeah, Chase.
-Ruark

TxRVer

Post by TxRVer »

I've been banking at Wells Fargo for many years and I have always been happy until today. They must have a new policy that they don't accept third party checks. I wanted to deposit my step-daughters check into my account and they won't do it until I bring her with me and she presents I.D.
Charlie

Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

I have accounts at Bank of Texas, Wells Fargo, and Chase, and I've open carried in all of them without issue. I prefer local banks, but it is good to have an account with a national bank just in case you run into issues while travelling.

JustSomeOldGuy

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Take a look at Old Glory Bank, based in Oklahoma. (oldglorybank.com)
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

I won't bank with BoA, Chase or WF due to heavy left emphasis. They may be not gun unfriendly but they are otherwise too leftist. I bank with Hometown Bank, a Galveston to Friendswood local/region bank. Couldn't be friendlier or nicer. They post 30.05 and 30.07 but not 30.06. Fine with me as I'd never OC and advertise I should be shot first. Doesn't quite fit the OP needs but excellent enough to deserve a mention.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

2farnorth wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:33 pm Haven't been inside a bank in more than 5 years since switching to USAA. Every thing is done on-line. They pay ATM fees when you use another bank's ATM. I understand that the head office in San Antonio is posted though. Never been there. They are great to work with over the phone.
Yes, the SA campus is posted as is the bank (caveat: haven't been there in over five years). At one time they opened a service center in Schertz (lasted a year or two) and that was posted. Still, after 48 years with them I'm sticking.
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

To me, Wells Fargo has got to be the scummiest of banks. They secretly opened up millions of fake accounts, using their customers' personal contact information. They did this to somehow boost their numbers. Customers didn't know about these accounts, didn't pay the fees, and it brought down their credit scores. This was plain and simple fraud on WF's part. Fiduciary protector of customers? No way Jose.

This is similar to what SBF did by stealing all his investors money, buying a $35M property, and sending most of the rest to Democratic entities.

I bank at Prosperity Bank. They are based in Lubbock, but have many, many branches throughout Texas. They have been fine to work with.
My Coppell branch is posted 30.07, so I just conceal when I visit IRL.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 4:03 pm To me, Wells Fargo has got to be the scummiest of banks. They secretly opened up millions of fake accounts, using their customers' personal contact information. They did this to somehow boost their numbers. Customers didn't know about these accounts, didn't pay the fees, and it brought down their credit scores. This was plain and simple fraud on WF's part. Fiduciary protector of customers? No way Jose.

This is similar to what SBF did by stealing all his investors money, buying a $35M property, and sending most of the rest to Democratic entities.

I bank at Prosperity Bank. They are based in Lubbock, but have many, many branches throughout Texas. They have been fine to work with.
My Coppell branch is posted 30.07, so I just conceal when I visit IRL.

SIA
Speaking of scummy Wells Fargo....

"">

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

That was entertaining. Glad to see she put them in their place.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

mayor

Post by mayor »

I closed all but a small account at WF. I kept it to conduct internet purchases. I just got a "we changed your checking account" email that says they are going to charge me $10 a month service charge unless some conditions are met. I've been with WF for 30 years and I'll close the last account if they charge me.
I use a local credit union, now. Not as convenient, but I trust them.

Return to “Off-Topic”