Nov 14th - "AndyC" a US Citizen

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Nov 14th - "AndyC" a US Citizen

Post by C-dub »

I was traveling today and just saw this.

Dang proud to have you Andy!!!
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

:patriot: :patriot: :patriot:
:hurry: :hurry: :hurry:

Way to go Patriot!
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Congratulations, Andy. We are thrilled that you are "official".
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Flightmare
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Flightmare »

surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:31 pm TAM, TAW, and myself were lucky enough to see AndyC become a citizen today. It was quite an event.

759 people from 93 countries became US citizens today at the Plano Event Center. This venue has seating for approximately 4,500 people, and I would say the place was 90% filled.

The gentleman who was the representative of the American government gave a very nice talk about the process, rights, and responsibilities of becoming an American citizen. He is a native of Wichita Falls, TX; joined the US Army to see the world.......and wound up stationed at Fort Sill, OK, only 47 miles from his hometown! Later postings were to Germany and Kosovo. He told stories of meeting fellow Americans from many different places. He now is honored to help people become American citizens. He didn't speak English.....he spoke Texan.

Prior to administering the oath, he announced all 93 home countries, in alphabetical order. When he announced each country's name, the person/s from those countries stood up to the constant applause. Some countries had only 1 person stand, while Canada, Mexico, UK, and Nigeria were SOME of the countries that had a bunch of folks.

During the course of the event we all pledged allegiance to the US, sung the National Anthem, were treated to American the Beautiful (with video of citizens being sworn in at various US National Parks), and a video of President Trump welcoming the new citizens.

After the event I managed to find AndyC, his SO, TAM, TAW, and another friend (non-forum member I believe). We all had a nice Mexican meal, then called it a day.

Congratulations to AndyC to becoming an American. Most of us on this board became Americans by the simple act of birth.

Others become Americans after long bureaucratic journeys to be a fully vested citizen in the greatest country in the world.

Every day in America is a gift. So enjoy the present.

SIA
Many people who were born American citizens take for granted what a privlege it is. Those who come here legally (like AndyC) love this country and what it stands for. Despite all the bureacratic hoops they are asked to jump thru, they still want to be part of this "grand experiment". To AndyC, and all of the others like him; thankyou for making our state and our nation richer.
Deplorable lunatic since 2016

pushpullpete

Post by pushpullpete »

Flightmare wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:04 pm
surprise_i'm_armed wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:31 pm TAM, TAW, and myself were lucky enough to see AndyC become a citizen today. It was quite an event.

759 people from 93 countries became US citizens today at the Plano Event Center. This venue has seating for approximately 4,500 people, and I would say the place was 90% filled.

The gentleman who was the representative of the American government gave a very nice talk about the process, rights, and responsibilities of becoming an American citizen. He is a native of Wichita Falls, TX; joined the US Army to see the world.......and wound up stationed at Fort Sill, OK, only 47 miles from his hometown! Later postings were to Germany and Kosovo. He told stories of meeting fellow Americans from many different places. He now is honored to help people become American citizens. He didn't speak English.....he spoke Texan.

Prior to administering the oath, he announced all 93 home countries, in alphabetical order. When he announced each country's name, the person/s from those countries stood up to the constant applause. Some countries had only 1 person stand, while Canada, Mexico, UK, and Nigeria were SOME of the countries that had a bunch of folks.

During the course of the event we all pledged allegiance to the US, sung the National Anthem, were treated to American the Beautiful (with video of citizens being sworn in at various US National Parks), and a video of President Trump welcoming the new citizens.

After the event I managed to find AndyC, his SO, TAM, TAW, and another friend (non-forum member I believe). We all had a nice Mexican meal, then called it a day.

Congratulations to AndyC to becoming an American. Most of us on this board became Americans by the simple act of birth.

Others become Americans after long bureaucratic journeys to be a fully vested citizen in the greatest country in the world.

Every day in America is a gift. So enjoy the present.

SIA
Many people who were born American citizens take for granted what a privlege it is. Those who come here legally (like AndyC) love this country and what it stands for. Despite all the bureacratic hoops they are asked to jump thru, they still want to be part of this "grand experiment". To AndyC, and all of the others like him; thankyou for making our state and our nation richer.
Sir :iagree: with what others have stated. :tiphat: Congratulations and Welcome.

:txflag: :patriot:

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

It was a great day. A great occasion, observed with great friends, followed by great food and great conversation. I’m very happy to call AndyC my fellow citizen.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Congratulations brother AndyC!!!! We need more citizens like you!
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Blackhorse1

Post by Blackhorse1 »

Congratulations. Welcome to what we've experienced all our lives. Will be a great ride for you too :party: :party: . Glad to have another fellow gunner with us.
:txflag: likes: burning rubber and screaming women

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

congratulations!
it sounds like a wonderful ceremony, I'm slightly jealous of those who were able to go
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

SWAMPRNR

Post by SWAMPRNR »

Congratulations... :thewave

RPBrown
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RPBrown »

Congratulations :thewave :woohoo :woohoo
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member