Disney Plus Mandalorian series

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
JustSomeOldGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Disney Plus Mandalorian series

Post by JustSomeOldGuy »

Wife is watching this, I'm mostly ignoring it like I have the whole Star Wars series after the first movie in +-1975. Anyway, I'm passing thru the living room where the wife is watching episode 6. There's a Jason Statham looking guy on the screen, and he is carrying in a double chest holster - a pair of Ruger Mk II's with modified bolt tabs (instead of the two serrated 'ears', theres a knob that looks like a hat worn by the 80's band Devo). I'm awarding the props guys a <double_facepalm>. They blacked out the Ruger logo in the middle of the grip, but the MK II grip frames look like nothing else I've encountered.
member of the church of San Gabriel de Possenti
lay brother in the order of St. John Moses Browning
USPSA limited/single stack/revolver

philip964

Re: Disney Plus Mandalorian series

Post by philip964 »

Mandalorian is the best thing on TV right now, but I’m a Starwars fan.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

This is the way! I've very much enjoyed the series.

And the Star Wars franchise has always turned real firearms into blasters. Han Solo's blaster is a Mauser C96, the Stormtrooper blaster rifles are Sterlings, the Rebel blasters in Empire Strikes Back are StG 44s etc etc. I think it's fun playing identify the gun in the shows.
Psalm 91:2

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

This is the way.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

oljames3 wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 9:12 am This is the way.
I have spoken.

....apparently for the last time....

I’m not a HUGE Star Wars fan, although I have seen most or all of the major release movies in the series. I have to say that I’m enjoying The Mandalorian much more than I did the movies. I’m not sure why, unless it’s Skywalker burnout. I think another reason might be that the serial nature of the shorter releases keeps it from getting boring. And come on......who doesn’t want a Baby Yoda? :lol:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

jmorris

Post by jmorris »

SQLGeek wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:05 am This is the way! I've very much enjoyed the series.

And the Star Wars franchise has always turned real firearms into blasters. Han Solo's blaster is a Mauser C96, the Stormtrooper blaster rifles are Sterlings, the Rebel blasters in Empire Strikes Back are StG 44s etc etc. I think it's fun playing identify the gun in the shows.
Just in case people aren't aware of it there is the Internet Movie Firearm Database.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Main_Page
Jay E Morris,
Guardian Firearm Training, NRA Pistol, LTC < retired from all
NRA Lifetime, TSRA Lifetime
NRA Recruiter (link)

oohrah

Post by oohrah »

philip964 wrote: Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:10 pm Mandalorian is the best thing on TV right now, but I’m a Starwars fan.
:iagree:
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

jmorris wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:25 am
SQLGeek wrote: Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:05 am This is the way! I've very much enjoyed the series.

Just in case people aren't aware of it there is the Internet Movie Firearm Database.

http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Main_Page
Specifically as relates to "The Mandalorian": http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Mandalorian,_ ... nn_1894.29. There’s some very interesting and obscure guns being used in this show.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”