Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

oohrah
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

Post by oohrah »

I'm a scientist. I do my own research. You can find any source on the Internet to bolster your pre-conceived notions that fits your opinion. There is a lot of mis-information floating around. I choose NOT to get my medical information from the internet. It may make you feel good, but it won't protect you. If you do the homework, you find that mostly the only people dying from COVID are those who are not vaccinated. And those who are having to go on ventilators are the ones not vaccinated. There is no coronavirus in the vaccine, and the results have proven largely effective. If you refuse to get vaccinated you are only helping to spread variants, and you are deluding yourself.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 105

Post by Paladin »

One more time, a direct link to the Israeli Health Ministry announcement for July 6

Table translation attached.
The above study reveals that while in February 2020 (31/1-27/2) the unvaccinated dominated the COVID cases by a ratio of 20:1, six months later in June 2020 (6/6-3/7) it is actually the vaccinated who are prone to be infected by a ratio of 5:1. It is the vaccinated who happen to develop symptoms by a ratio of 5:1. It is the vaccinated who are more likely to be hospitalized and develop critical illness. If Israel was a ‘world experiment,’ as Benjamin Netanyahu presented it at one stage, this experiment is now turning into a disaster (at least for the vaccinated). In Israel, the vaccinated are becoming infected at a growing rate and as such are spreading the virus rather than stopping it. We also have a good reason to believe that the rest of the Western world will witness a similar pattern as it has followed the Israeli vaccine doctrine.

People like to fiddle with statistics and draw the conclusions that suit them. If only 11 out of the 1271 vaccinated cases develop critical illness, we are dealing with slightly less than 1% of the vaccinated developing critical illness. At the same time more than 2% of the unvaccinated develop critical illness. Yet, since Delta cases are 5 times more common amongst the vaccinated as time passes by, I may suggest that we are facing a possible emerging disaster as far as the Pfizer-vaccinated are concerned.

I guess that Pfizer scientists understand all of this very well and this is why they asked for an immediate booster approval.
Gilad Atzmon A Catastrophe Unveils Itself
Attachments
health+minestry+_edited-1.jpg
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Tex1961 »

Our San Antonio vacation just got canceled.... Let me explain.

My wife works for a healthcare organization that owns multiple hospitals, medical office buildings, etc. all over the country. As part of her job description she does walk throughs in their buildings for compliance reasons... (No need to go into details here). She was scheduled to fly out today from Dallas to San Antonio and work until Thursday whereas I was going to drive up and we were going to stay through the weekend.

Well. All of their hospitals in the south Texas region are filling up with Covid patients and so corporate has suspended all non essential employees from visiting those locations... Since this was a sort of "on the fly" vacation since she was already going to be there, we went ahead and just canceled the extra 2 nights in the hotel...

Something they are seeing though in the El Paso, San Antonio, Austin locations are a lot of undocumented recent immigrant visitors who are coming over the border that are infected with Covid.

mayor
Posts in topic: 13

Post by mayor »

oohrah wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:42 am I'm a scientist. I do my own research. You can find any source on the Internet to bolster your pre-conceived notions that fits your opinion. There is a lot of mis-information floating around. I choose NOT to get my medical information from the internet. It may make you feel good, but it won't protect you. If you do the homework, you find that mostly the only people dying from COVID are those who are not vaccinated. And those who are having to go on ventilators are the ones not vaccinated. There is no coronavirus in the vaccine, and the results have proven largely effective. If you refuse to get vaccinated you are only helping to spread variants, and you are deluding yourself.
M'kay. Where is your published report?

Daddio-on-patio
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Daddio-on-patio »

mayor wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:08 pm
oohrah wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:42 am I'm a scientist. I do my own research. You can find any source on the Internet to bolster your pre-conceived notions that fits your opinion. There is a lot of mis-information floating around. I choose NOT to get my medical information from the internet. It may make you feel good, but it won't protect you. If you do the homework, you find that mostly the only people dying from COVID are those who are not vaccinated. And those who are having to go on ventilators are the ones not vaccinated. There is no coronavirus in the vaccine, and the results have proven largely effective. If you refuse to get vaccinated you are only helping to spread variants, and you are deluding yourself.
M'kay. Where is your published report?
If you accept some personal observation. The EMS agency I am a part of serves a County with 69,000 people that is said to be 38% vaccinated. We have had a recent uptick in COVID cases. Over the last 3 months we averaged 4 enhanced precaution calls per week. Over the last two weeks we have run a total of 37. I have transported 7 of those calls. 5 being confirmed positive prior to calling EMS. 1 was not vaccinated and presented extremely ill. The other 4 (1 Moderna and 3 Phizer), while not feeling well, presented with substantially better vitals with the exception of one that suffered significant ortho-static hypotension. The unvaccinated ended up in ICU. 3 others discharged from the ED. The hypotension patient outcome, which was yesterday, has not been relayed to us.

If by demanding a published report would satisfy you I suppose you are then a champion of global warming, firearms are evil and Biden won the election.
Ephesians 6:12 NKJV

12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age,[a] against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 73

Post by RoyGBiv »

Paladin wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:15 amThe news from Israel is even worse: A Catastrophe Unveils Itself
The absence of ANY data in this covid fear piece that shows the hospitalization rates for these breakthrough cases makes the entire article purely scare mongering. I am not at all surprised that the ratio of vaccinated people showing up at hospital in Israel is much higher than unvaccinated at the hospital, given vaccination rates. How many of them are admitted and for how long? How many of them are leaving in a coffin?

Read this and go get vaccinated if you have not already. Even if it doesn't 100% prevent you from getting the virus, it absolutely does work to ward off serious illness.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... me-reason/

I'm unable to comment on the UK story. They're mostly J&J, IIRC. Not the same as Phizer (Israel) or Moderna.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Daddio-on-patio wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:28 pmIf you accept some personal observation. The EMS agency I am a part of serves a County with 69,000 people that is said to be 38% vaccinated. We have had a recent uptick in COVID cases. Over the last 3 months we averaged 4 enhanced precaution calls per week. Over the last two weeks we have run a total of 37. I have transported 7 of those calls. 5 being confirmed positive prior to calling EMS. 1 was not vaccinated and presented extremely ill. The other 4 (1 Moderna and 3 Phizer), while not feeling well, presented with substantially better vitals with the exception of one that suffered significant ortho-static hypotension. The unvaccinated ended up in ICU. 3 others discharged from the ED. The hypotension patient outcome, which was yesterday, has not been relayed to us.

If by demanding a published report would satisfy you I suppose you are then a champion of global warming, firearms are evil and Biden won the election.
This is consistent with everything I am reading from reliable (not fear mongering) sources as well as from Dr's and Nurses treating COVID patients in Alabama, Chicago, Phoenix and San Diego...... Among those 4 medical professionals, involved with hospitals treating over 200 covid patients, only one of them can identify one covid inpatient that was fully vaccinated. All the other inpatients are reported as not vaccinated.

As I related earlier, I personally know 4 people with breakthrough covid, within the last 4 weeks. One of them has COPD and was in hospital for 2+ weeks. Given remdesivir and supplemental Oxygen (no need for a ventilator), now released and doing well. The other three felt poorly for a few days, then fine. Three of them (including COPD case) are >75. The 4th is early 50's and immune compromised. All confirmed positive through testing.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

RoyGBiv wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:55 pm
Paladin wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:15 amThe news from Israel is even worse: A Catastrophe Unveils Itself
The absence of ANY data in this covid fear piece that shows the hospitalization rates for these breakthrough cases makes the entire article purely scare mongering. I am not at all surprised that the ratio of vaccinated people showing up at hospital in Israel is much higher than unvaccinated at the hospital, given vaccination rates. How many of them are admitted and for how long? How many of them are leaving in a coffin?

Read this and go get vaccinated if you have not already. Even if it doesn't 100% prevent you from getting the virus, it absolutely does work to ward off serious illness.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... me-reason/

I'm unable to comment on the UK story. They're mostly J&J, IIRC. Not the same as Phizer (Israel) or Moderna.
There's tons of data in that article from the Israeli ministry of health.

The new guidance is expected to recommend that some vaccinated individuals resume wearing masks in certain situations to protect against COVID-19, reversing its earlier guidance that only unvaccinated individuals should wear face coverings.

"The reality is we’re dealing with a much different strain of this virus than we were even earlier in the spring, back in May, when the masking guidance was provided by the CDC at that time," Psaki said

Looks like we are getting a partial disclosure now (aka modified limited hangout):
According to the CDC, there is "evidence of an increase in transmissibility, more severe disease (e.g., increased hospitalizations or deaths), significant reduction in neutralization by antibodies generated during previous infection or vaccination, reduced effectiveness of treatments or vaccines, or diagnostic detection failures," associated with the delta variant.
Do vaccines protect against the delta variant?
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

The media is pushing some false/outdated numbers as far as Israel goes. This is the latest: Israel Finds Pfizer Jab Only 39% Effective At Stopping Delta Variant

This didn't age well:

BIDEN: "You're not gonna get COVID if you have these vaccinations."

About the only good news is that Delta is so infectious, the peak may be short like in India:

Ruark
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Ruark »

The freaking anti-vaxxers are going to destroy everything. 95% of the new infections are unvaccinated, and hospitals are once again filling up. As the virus spreads and spreads, it will continue to mutate and mutate and mutate, until eventually we'll have a variant that is completely resistant to the vaccines. Then we'll be back to Square One. Worse, actually. Nice. GET YOUR FREAKING SHOT!!!!
-Ruark

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 15

Post by anygunanywhere »

Ruark wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:43 am The freaking anti-vaxxers are going to destroy everything. 95% of the new infections are unvaccinated, and hospitals are once again filling up. As the virus spreads and spreads, it will continue to mutate and mutate and mutate, until eventually we'll have a variant that is completely resistant to the vaccines. Then we'll be back to Square One. Worse, actually. Nice. GET YOUR FREAKING SHOT!!!!
No.

Quercitin.
Zinc.
Vitamin D
Ivermectin.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Ruark wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:43 am The freaking anti-vaxxers are going to destroy everything. 95% of the new infections are unvaccinated, and hospitals are once again filling up. As the virus spreads and spreads, it will continue to mutate and mutate and mutate, until eventually we'll have a variant that is completely resistant to the vaccines. Then we'll be back to Square One. Worse, actually. Nice. GET YOUR FREAKING SHOT!!!!
According to the preliminary data Moderna is the only vaccine effective against Delta variant. Based on historical data we have around 40 days left of this wave of Delta variant. It takes 28 days for the 2 Moderna shots, and another 14 days after that to be considered fully vaccinated.

So if someone went to get Moderna today, they would be fully vaccinated right after the end of this Delta variant wave.

Or they could get an N95/KN95, wear it, and be protected today.

Team Biden knows this and they are playing everyone for fools.

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 9

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

If you don't call me a "dumb sheeple" for getting the shots, I won't call you a "stupid horse's rear end" for not getting them.

Return to “Off-Topic”