Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 17

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

Post by crazy2medic »

I rarely get sick, the few times I have had the flu was after getting the flu shot, so no they are not giving me the vaccine!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Paladin
Posts in topic: 105

Post by Paladin »

JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 73

Post by RoyGBiv »

This is to be expected, since the vaccine is not 100% preventative.
It (the vaccine) does appear to be protective against severe covid, even the Delta variant.

From the article:
In Israel, only five severe cases have been reported in the past 10 days, Balicer told the Journal.
Two of our close friends got covid ~2 weeks ago. He was not vaxxed, she was 6 weeks post vax #2. Her mom got it (vaxxed) and both of his parents (both vaxxed) got it. His mom has COPD and was hospitalized. Was given Remdesivir and has improved, but still hospitalized. Dr told her she'd likely be dead if she wasn't vaxxed. The other 4 have all had mild to moderate symptoms.

In case you lost track, that's 5 infections, 4 of them break through, 1 of them hospitalized.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 571

Post by philip964 »

Dallas Love Field last night at 10:00 pm.

I figured this was a vaccine test.
Attachments
467D8682-9A8E-48FD-9F9B-199C7457328B.jpeg

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

philip964 wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:59 pm Dallas Love Field last night at 10:00 pm.

I figured this was a vaccine test.
Yikes!

Just booked a flight today to see my mom for her 80th B-Day coming up soon.
Haven't seen her in person in nearly 18 months. Not looking forward to flying again.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Exposing The Truth About The Delta Variant
In other words, Delta is literally the flu with a CFR identical to it. This is exactly what every respiratory pandemic has done through history: morphed into more transmissible and less virulent form that forces the other mutations out since you get that one.

Rafe
Posts in topic: 79

Post by Rafe »

Well, the stout opera soprano hasn't sung everywhere just yet, it seems...

Russia coronavirus death toll hits daily record for fifth straight day
https://thehill.com/policy/internationa ... h-day-in-a
Russia has recorded its highest number of daily coronavirus deaths for the fifth consecutive day as the country faces another COVID-19 surge. Authorities recorded 697 deaths on Saturday from the coronavirus and an additional 24,439 cases, The Associated Press reported. The previous daily death toll record was 679 on Friday.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/2021 ... rth-korea/

How bad is the pandemic in North Korea?

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Great discussion with Victor Davis Hanson:

Victor Davis Hanson on the Assault on Meritocracy, Politicization of the Virus, and the ‘Platonic Noble Lie’

Reading this article is re-assuring that sane adults still exist. The first sentence in the article should be re-read until it sinks in. He nails it out of the park.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.studyfinds.org/covid-19-cure-ivermectin/

Ivermectin cures Covid 19. It is a relatively inexpensive drug to treat parasites in humans and animals.

https://www.fda.gov/consumers/consumer- ... t-covid-19

Why you should not use Ivermectin to treat Covid 19 because we did not say it was ok, an FDA article. Main point: “Taking large doses of this drug is dangerous and can cause serious harm.” Second point: taking drugs meant for horses can be dangerous.

But apparently taking recommended doses of Ivermectin from a doctor and using drugs manufactured for humans, sounds like it would not harm you at all. But you shouldn’t do it because the FDA hasn’t approved it.

https://journals.lww.com/americantherap ... the.4.aspx

Emerging evidence demonstrating Ivermectin cures Covid by the American Therapeutics Journal.

So is Covid politics now.

https://www.algora.com/Algora_blog/2021 ... -americans

Tin foil warning, 50,000 in US have died from Covid vaccine.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Gibraltar is the only fully vaccinated country in the world:

Notice the trend in a chart (attached and on this website):
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... gibraltar/

Similar information from Israel.

This is a clear indication that the vaccine is failing as the data does not show clear differences between the vaccinated and vaccinated with the current strains.

apparently the viral load with current strains is more than 1,000 times higher than with that original-lineage virus

N95 respirators still work.
Attachments
IsraelVacCases.JPG
Gibraltar_COVID_cases-2028579.jpg

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Talk to medical professionals. Ask them how many vaccinated people are in their hospitals. The percentage vs unvaccinated is very small. Vaccinated can still get the virus, but have mild symptoms. The unvaccinated are getting sick in the same ways as early on, just more frequently. We're going to see another wave of hospitalizations from the Delta variant, the vast majority of hospitalizations will be the unvaccinated.

I doubt I convinced anyone to change their minds. IMO, not getting the vaccine is a worse and worse idea every day the Delta variant spreads.

I know 4 people who were vaccinated and later tested positive. All elderly with comorbidities. One of them wound up in hospital, she has COPD. Not a surprise. Her Dr told her she'd likely be dead if she wasn't vaccinated. The other 3 had some headaches, body aches and a low fever for a few days. They said they would have gone to work if it was just a regular cold/flu, their symptoms were so mild.

You do you.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

RoyGBiv wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:45 am Talk to medical professionals. Ask them how many vaccinated people are in their hospitals. The percentage vs unvaccinated is very small. Vaccinated can still get the virus, but have mild symptoms. The unvaccinated are getting sick in the same ways as early on, just more frequently. We're going to see another wave of hospitalizations from the Delta variant, the vast majority of hospitalizations will be the unvaccinated.

I doubt I convinced anyone to change their minds. IMO, not getting the vaccine is a worse and worse idea every day the Delta variant spreads.

I know 4 people who were vaccinated and later tested positive. All elderly with comorbidities. One of them wound up in hospital, she has COPD. Not a surprise. Her Dr told her she'd likely be dead if she wasn't vaccinated. The other 3 had some headaches, body aches and a low fever for a few days. They said they would have gone to work if it was just a regular cold/flu, their symptoms were so mild.

You do you.
I have talked to medical professionals. They themselves are vaccinated... and sick because they wore a surgical mask at work instead of an N95. Parkland hospital is at capacity, full of sick people, many who are vaccinated.

The whole cloth mask vs. no-cloth mask... vaccinated vs. unvaccinated is a just a distraction by incompetent authorities who #1 didn't properly prepare for a pandemic with enough respirators and #2 produced vaccines that are rapid failures.

Patrick Vallance, the UK government’s chief scientific advisor announced 60% of People Being Admitted to Hospital with Covid-19 in England Have Been Fully Vaccinated... before he retracted his lengthy statement on the subject

The news from Israel is even worse: A Catastrophe Unveils Itself

Things on the COVID front were quiet in June, but this month the situation is going to hell in an handbasket with incredible speed.

Return to “Off-Topic”