Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 173
Posts: 10189
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19) from China: Its going to be bad.

#1561

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:58 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 11:10 pm
philip964 wrote: Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:01 pm https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... nd-county/

First case in Texas not from the cruise ship.

Near Houston. 70 year old. Came back from overseas.
Another report. same case.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/texas-co ... virus-case
From almost a year ago. How it has changed. Cruise ships and people from overseas.
It has changed even more since we first watched people dropping over dead in the streets in China. Now that we know more about it, I suppose we can assume those people had it for several days before dying. It did give the impression that it just sneaks' up and kills you. Those folks must have already been suffering severe symptoms while trying to go on with daily life.
User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 173
Posts: 10189
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

#1562

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Has anyone had the new Johnson and Johnson single dose vaccine yet? My daughter just got scheduled for it on Thursday. Side affects? Thoughts on it. The vaccine is suppose to be less effective. Like 75% vs 90+%

Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 466
Posts: 14225
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

#1563

Post by philip964 »

This was posted by a Facebook friend ( very liberal ) she says her friend posted it.

Facebook of course said below it that all vaccines are completely safe and tested.
Attachments
70330C80-29DF-4386-90A3-4B25611A154E.jpeg
User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 173
Posts: 10189
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

#1564

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:29 pm This was posted by a Facebook friend ( very liberal ) she says her friend posted it.

Facebook of course said below it that all vaccines are completely safe and tested.
OH MY!!
User avatar

Liberty
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 16
Posts: 6321
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: Galveston
Contact:

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

#1565

Post by Liberty »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:38 pm
philip964 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:29 pm This was posted by a Facebook friend ( very liberal ) she says her friend posted it.

Facebook of course said below it that all vaccines are completely safe and tested.
OH MY!!
I would believe even CNN before I accepted as fact something posted on Facebook by a friend of a friend with leftist ties.

Just sayin'
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy
User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 173
Posts: 10189
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

#1566

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Liberty wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:15 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:38 pm
philip964 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:29 pm This was posted by a Facebook friend ( very liberal ) she says her friend posted it.

Facebook of course said below it that all vaccines are completely safe and tested.
OH MY!!
I would believe even CNN before I accepted as fact something posted on Facebook by a friend of a friend with leftist ties.

Just sayin'
She told me yesterday her research has found that in her situation, the Johnson and Johnson vaccine is less of a risk for problems than the Moderna or Pfizer. She has suffered from a form of MS since she was 14 and at 42 she has some health issues she has to be concerned with.

Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 466
Posts: 14225
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19) from China: Its going to be bad.

#1567

Post by philip964 »

gtolbert09 wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 3:49 pm Copied from a healthcare professional , extremely interesting.

Good read:
Coronavirus, Stanford Notes 3/8/20
The new Coronavirus may not show sign of infection for many days. How can you know if you are infected? By the time you have fever and/or cough and go to the hospital, the lung is usually 50% fibrosis.

Taiwan experts provide a simple self-check that we can do every morning: Take a deep breath and hold it for more than 10 seconds. If you do this successfully without coughing, without discomfort, stiffness or tightness, there is no fibrosis in the lungs; it basically indicates no infection. In critical times, please self-check every morning in an environment with clean air.

Serious excellent advice by Japanese doctors treating COVID-19 cases: Everyone should ensure your mouth & throat are moist, never dry. Take a few sips of water every 15 minutes at least. Why? Even if the virus gets into your mouth, drinking water or other liquids will wash them down through your throat and into the stomach. Once there, your stomach acid will kill all the virus. If you don't drink enough water regularly, the virus can enter your windpipe and then the lungs. That's very dangerous.

Please send and share this with family and friends. Take care everyone and may the world recover from this Coronavirus soon.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - CORONAVIRUS:
1. If you have a runny nose and sputum, you have a common cold.
2. Coronavirus pneumonia is a dry cough with no runny nose.
3. This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 degrees C. (About 77 degrees F.) It hates the Sun.
4. If someone sneezes with it, it goes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.
5. If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours - so if you come into contact with any metal surface, wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.
6. On fabric it can survive for 6-12 hours. normal laundry detergent will kill it.
7. Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses. Try not to drink liquids with ice.
8. Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but - a lot can happen during that time - you can rub your eyes, pick your nose unwittingly and so on.
9. You should also gargle as a prevention. A simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice.
10. Can't emphasis enough - drink plenty of water!

THE SYMPTOMS:
1. It will first infect the throat, so you'll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days
2. The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs,
causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.
3. With the pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.
4. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you're drowning. It's imperative you then seek immediate attention.
We were at 25 or so pages when this day a year ago arrived. Press is sort of saying this was the day it became real for Americans.
https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/n ... d-that-day

Trump stopped flights from Europe. The Houston Rodeo was cancelled. NBA cancelled season. Tom and Rita Hanks caught Covid in Australia. Dow dropped 700 points. (it recovered and is now much higher than it was even with Xiden as President).

In 2018 there were 2,839,205 deaths in the US.
In 2019 there were 2,854,838 deaths in the US, 15,633 more than the previous year.
In 2020 there were 3,362,151 deaths in the US, 507,313 more than the previous year.

John Hopkins show about 530,000 US deaths from Covid including the first two months of 2021.

One would assume there were fewer deaths from traffic accidents. More suicides. I suspect more crime deaths. Fewer deaths from the ordinary flu.
So it appears the number of 500,000 excess deaths are from Covid.

The final CDC reports are not out for 2019 yet alone for 2020. So these numbers could change.

And there are vaccine deaths as well.

https://kutv.com/news/local/utah-woman- ... sy-ordered

Cute 39 year old mom with no health issues dies 4 days after 2nd dose most likely from the vaccine. Her liver suddenly quit.
User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 173
Posts: 10189
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

#1568

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

That story of the girl dying after getting her second shot is scary! From the sequence of events it is pretty obvious the vaccine killed her. I have my second shot appointment for the Pfizer vaccine in the morning. I was already a bit worried about getting sick from it. This story really gives me pause.

I think the vaccine availability is easing up. My SIL got the first shot of Moderna yesterday and my daughter received the Johnson and Johnson vaccine today. They are both in their early 40's so not on the A or B list. My daughter read somewhere that the location in Plano has been experiencing quite a few "no shows" for appointments. I suspect it is from folks who were on multiple lists that got a shot prior to the appointment they "no showed".

srothstein
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 32
Posts: 4730
Joined: Sat Dec 16, 2006 8:27 pm
Location: Luling, TX

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

#1569

Post by srothstein »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:44 pm That story of the girl dying after getting her second shot is scary! From the sequence of events it is pretty obvious the vaccine killed her. I have my second shot appointment for the Pfizer vaccine in the morning. I was already a bit worried about getting sick from it. This story really gives me pause.
I just want to warn you of the logical fallacy known as post hoc ergo propter hoc. This fallacy says that just because action B followed action A does not mean it was caused by A. We may be more susceptible to this because of a confirmation bias that all people have. We are more likely to believe things we already tend to believe in instead of looking for further evidence.

I am not saying she did not die from an adverse reaction to the shot, but there is no evidence to show that she did either. I would be more inclined to believe this if there were any other documented cases of kidney problems caused by the shot. And I am not discounting the fact that I do not have access to all of the medical records and cannot trust the media to report the truth to us at all.
Steve Rothstein
User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 173
Posts: 10189
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

#1570

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

srothstein wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:15 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:44 pm That story of the girl dying after getting her second shot is scary! From the sequence of events it is pretty obvious the vaccine killed her. I have my second shot appointment for the Pfizer vaccine in the morning. I was already a bit worried about getting sick from it. This story really gives me pause.
I just want to warn you of the logical fallacy known as post hoc ergo propter hoc. This fallacy says that just because action B followed action A does not mean it was caused by A. We may be more susceptible to this because of a confirmation bias that all people have. We are more likely to believe things we already tend to believe in instead of looking for further evidence.

I am not saying she did not die from an adverse reaction to the shot, but there is no evidence to show that she did either. I would be more inclined to believe this if there were any other documented cases of kidney problems caused by the shot. And I am not discounting the fact that I do not have access to all of the medical records and cannot trust the media to report the truth to us at all.
No warning needed. I am well aware of this. In the article it mentioned that finding anything in the autopsy that would lead directly back to the vaccine is extremely unlikely. It mentions that very few deaths are attributed to vaccines unless the person actually has an immediate reaction and drops dead on the spot. They state that this girl was in perfect health and then got sick and died within a couple days of being vaccinated adds to the odds of post hoc ergo propter hoc being a strong possibility in this case.
User avatar

RoyGBiv
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 46
Posts: 8469
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:41 am
Location: Fort Worth

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

#1571

Post by RoyGBiv »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:44 pmMy daughter read somewhere that the location in Plano has been experiencing quite a few "no shows" for appointments. I suspect it is from folks who were on multiple lists that got a shot prior to the appointment they "no showed".
I can confirm that this is happening at other locations as well. Site schedulers are adjusting their no show expectations accordingly. In a way, it's good news that the vaccine is becoming more widely available, through multiple channels.

I spent yesterday volunteering at the TMS clinic. They did just a hair under 12,000 vaccinations yesterday. :hurry:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Image
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek
User avatar

ScottDLS
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 12
Posts: 4832
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:04 am
Location: DFW Area, TX

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

#1572

Post by ScottDLS »

RoyGBiv wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:37 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:44 pmMy daughter read somewhere that the location in Plano has been experiencing quite a few "no shows" for appointments. I suspect it is from folks who were on multiple lists that got a shot prior to the appointment they "no showed".
I can confirm that this is happening at other locations as well. Site schedulers are adjusting their no show expectations accordingly. In a way, it's good news that the vaccine is becoming more widely available, through multiple channels.

I spent yesterday volunteering at the TMS clinic. They did just a hair under 12,000 vaccinations yesterday. :hurry:
I’ve heard great things about the Texas Motor Speedway process. I’m in Denton county and just got on the list yesterday so I’ll probably be going there when my appt comes up.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"
User avatar

RoyGBiv
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 46
Posts: 8469
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:41 am
Location: Fort Worth

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

#1573

Post by RoyGBiv »

ScottDLS wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:04 am
RoyGBiv wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:37 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:44 pmMy daughter read somewhere that the location in Plano has been experiencing quite a few "no shows" for appointments. I suspect it is from folks who were on multiple lists that got a shot prior to the appointment they "no showed".
I can confirm that this is happening at other locations as well. Site schedulers are adjusting their no show expectations accordingly. In a way, it's good news that the vaccine is becoming more widely available, through multiple channels.

I spent yesterday volunteering at the TMS clinic. They did just a hair under 12,000 vaccinations yesterday. :hurry:
I’ve heard great things about the Texas Motor Speedway process. I’m in Denton county and just got on the list yesterday so I’ll probably be going there when my appt comes up.
The folks running the show over there have done, and continue to do, a great job. The only real hurdle they have is extreme weather.
I didn't see any line yesterday that looked longer than maybe 20 minutes from arrival to vaccination.

Quick story...
I was doing my thing there yesterday and notice two guys in a golf cart that looked to be taking in the scene. Maybe just taking a break but, it looked more like pondering. I walked over and chatted them up a bit. Turns out they work on planning and logistics for the site. After complementing them on the generally smooth operation, I said ".... and whoever decided to change how you handle lunch breaks put the fix to the only "customer satisfaction" problem I've seen here." (lunch breaks created a traffic problem, now fixed). One guy smiles, points to the other guy and says "That was his idea". These guys were maybe late 20's. Just MBWA (managing by walking around). Every time I go out there they've tweaked the next few improvements off the list.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Image
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek
User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 173
Posts: 10189
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

#1574

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

RoyGBiv wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:37 pm
ScottDLS wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:04 am
RoyGBiv wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:37 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:44 pmMy daughter read somewhere that the location in Plano has been experiencing quite a few "no shows" for appointments. I suspect it is from folks who were on multiple lists that got a shot prior to the appointment they "no showed".
I can confirm that this is happening at other locations as well. Site schedulers are adjusting their no show expectations accordingly. In a way, it's good news that the vaccine is becoming more widely available, through multiple channels.

I spent yesterday volunteering at the TMS clinic. They did just a hair under 12,000 vaccinations yesterday. :hurry:
I’ve heard great things about the Texas Motor Speedway process. I’m in Denton county and just got on the list yesterday so I’ll probably be going there when my appt comes up.
The folks running the show over there have done, and continue to do, a great job. The only real hurdle they have is extreme weather.
I didn't see any line yesterday that looked longer than maybe 20 minutes from arrival to vaccination.

Quick story...
I was doing my thing there yesterday and notice two guys in a golf cart that looked to be taking in the scene. Maybe just taking a break but, it looked more like pondering. I walked over and chatted them up a bit. Turns out they work on planning and logistics for the site. After complementing them on the generally smooth operation, I said ".... and whoever decided to change how you handle lunch breaks put the fix to the only "customer satisfaction" problem I've seen here." (lunch breaks created a traffic problem, now fixed). One guy smiles, points to the other guy and says "That was his idea". These guys were maybe late 20's. Just MBWA (managing by walking around). Every time I go out there they've tweaked the next few improvements off the list.
I got my second Pfizer this morning at Clark High School in Plano. The difference in how it was administered from the first shot in early February and today was amazing. The first shot had a line of cars more than a mile long. The appointment window in February was a five hour period. Today they have it at a 30 minute period. There was a very short line and it took me longer waiting after the shot than it did to get the shot.

12K shots in one day sounds like a boat load! I am not sure how many the Plano location does but I am thinking it is not near that many.

It has been 2 hours since my shot. My arm is a little sore but no other side affects yet. They told me some folks get very few symptoms and others get flu like symptoms. I am hoping I fall in the few symptoms camp.
User avatar

RoyGBiv
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 46
Posts: 8469
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:41 am
Location: Fort Worth

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

#1575

Post by RoyGBiv »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:13 pm I got my second Pfizer this morning at Clark High School in Plano. The difference in how it was administered from the first shot in early February and today was amazing. The first shot had a line of cars more than a mile long. The appointment window in February was a five hour period. Today they have it at a 30 minute period. There was a very short line and it took me longer waiting after the shot than it did to get the shot.

12K shots in one day sounds like a boat load! I am not sure how many the Plano location does but I am thinking it is not near that many.

It has been 2 hours since my shot. My arm is a little sore but no other side affects yet. They told me some folks get very few symptoms and others get flu like symptoms. I am hoping I fall in the few symptoms camp.
I hope your second shot experience is smooth sailing.

It took about 10-12 hours for me to get some symptoms after Moderna #2, but, 24 hours of unpleasant is a price I'd pay again gladly for the peace of mind.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Image
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek
Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”