Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

MaduroBU
Posts in topic: 7

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

Post by MaduroBU »

I have seen two vaccinated patients who got sick enough to come to the hospital out of a BUNCH of unvaccinated people who got sick enough to show up. At first, I intended to keep a tally in order to put some vague numbers together, but it has been so lop-sided that I didn't bother. I have no idea what the vaccine does for risk of transmitting the virus, and I admit that I have no understanding of the transmission dynamics of COVID-19. A buddy (another hospitalist) and I commuted to work every day in his wife's compact car, I was already sick with something that wasn't COVID, and he got sick. His wife made him get tested and sure enough he had COVID. I got tested again and was STILL negative (my 4th negative test during that illness).

I sat in a tiny enclosed space, sick with a NASTY upper respiratory infection, coughing on a guy with COVID for 8 15 minute drives and still never got it.

rtschl
Posts in topic: 3

Post by rtschl »

philip964 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 10:55 am Obama party canceled.
Not so sure that it has been canceled:

Ron
NRA Member

Paladin
Posts in topic: 105

Post by Paladin »

Iceland is 90% vaccinated... their COVID caseload is higher than ever. Deaths not at record rates (yet, deaths are a lagging indicator).

source
Attachments
Iceland1.jpg
Iceland2.jpg
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

This is real, and happening now:

'It looks like there’s a catastrophe' | Rural hospitals overwhelmed with COVID patients while dealing with staff shortages

As the article says the Texas data to date says that vaccinated individuals have been less sick, but one of my vaccinated students is currently in the hospital with COVID... so don't count on it.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

LTUME1978
Posts in topic: 6

Post by LTUME1978 »

My adult daughters got the double jab and one of them is very sick with the COVID now. One has to wonder what is going on.

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 18

Post by powerboatr »

my good friends in little rock got the shot in january
they both were hospitalized this past monday and received the IV 1.5 hr treatment of meds, because they got covid
she is still real weak and he is coughing up a fit.
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 571

Post by philip964 »

Country and movie/tv star Reba has Covid and is fully vaccinated.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/r ... recautions

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

14 Israelis Have Caught COVID-19 Even After Booster Shot, Some Hospitalized

According to this Israeli study:
the difference in antibody levels between trial participants who had breakthrough infections and those who didn’t was not statistically significant.

So vaccinated antibody levels may be relevant in the strictest sense, but appear not matter much in the end.

It's too early to say for certain, but the booster shot does not sound promising.

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Grayling813 »

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 73

Post by RoyGBiv »

There is NOTHING about the vaccine that can modify your genetic code.

I hope that was intended as a joke.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

90% Of Patients Treated With Experimental Israeli COVID Drug Discharged Within 5 Days
By now, even lay people may understand that the reason COVID patients deteriorate is due to a natural bodily reaction to something called the cytokine storm. The cytokine storm occurs because the body's immune system goes ballistic. In many cases, the reaction actually contributes to the death or serious illness of the patient. The new therapeutic works by suppressing this reaction using the CD24 protein.

"This is precision medicine," he said. "We are very happy that we have found a tool to tackle the physiology of the disease."

"Steroids for example shut down the entire immune system," he further explained. "We are balancing the part responsible for the cytokine storms using the endogenous mechanism of the body, meaning tools offered by the body itself."

The scientists are preparing to begin the Phase 3 trial, which they hope to complete by the end of the year.

cirus
Posts in topic: 13

Post by cirus »

That's great. I doubt the crooked federal government will ever allow it into the country. Kinda like refusing to prescribe ivermectin. No matter I have enough to treat probably a couple hundred people.

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 15

Post by anygunanywhere »

cirus wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:32 am That's great. I doubt the crooked federal government will ever allow it into the country. Kinda like refusing to prescribe ivermectin. No matter I have enough to treat probably a couple hundred people.
I got enough to treat a couple hundred cows. :mrgreen:
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

cirus
Posts in topic: 13

Post by cirus »

anygunanywhere wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:45 pm
cirus wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 11:32 am That's great. I doubt the crooked federal government will ever allow it into the country. Kinda like refusing to prescribe ivermectin. No matter I have enough to treat probably a couple hundred people.
I got enough to treat a couple hundred cows. :mrgreen:
That's alot of folks!

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

The Real-World Data Show the Covid Vaccines Are Ineffective
You can clearly observe this tendency at work in the CNBC piece which claims that even though Pfizer is only 39 percent effective, it still protects against serious disease. But this is simply not true, which you can easily see if you take the trouble to look into the data put out by the Israeli government. At roughly the same time that CNBC filed its report, the Israeli Ministry of Health published a bulletin which reported on Covid cases in the country. According to their data, there were 137 serious cases in Israel of which 95 were fully vaccinated and 42 unvaccinated or partially vaccinated (see here and here). In other words, the bulk of the serious cases was comprised of those who had received their shots. If the vaccine was as effective in protecting against heavy illness as the article claims, the numbers would look completely different. The figures published by the Israeli Ministry of Health shows that the claims of Pfizer’s efficacy of protecting against serious Covid are simply untrue.

This has been confirmed by the testimony of Dr Kobi Haviv, Director of Herzog Hospital in Jerusalem. In a recent TV interview, Dr Haviv stated that the fully vaccinated people account for about 90 percent of hospitalizations. Given that less than 90 percent of the Israeli population is fully vaccinated, it would appear that the vaccination not only does not prevent you from contracting the disease, but actually increases one’s chances of becoming a serious Covid case. Observes Dr Haviv: “yes, unfortunately, the vaccine… as they say, its effectiveness is waning.” And so it is, indeed. Dr Haviv’s interview is on YouTube so you can hear the truth straight from his mouth. It will be interesting to see how long it will take for the Establishment Censors to take it down.

Return to “Off-Topic”