Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 120

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

Post by Grayling813 »

Paladin wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:51 pm I'm not opposed to people voluntarily taking the vaccine, but against mandating the public from being forced to take a novel experimental vaccine that was approved under a special "Emergency Use Authorization".
:iagree:

srothstein
Posts in topic: 40

Post by srothstein »

Paladin wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:51 pmI'm not opposed to people voluntarily taking the vaccine, but against mandating the public from being forced to take a novel experimental vaccine that was approved under a special "Emergency Use Authorization".
I have a slightly different opinion. I am not opposed to people trying any vaccine or medication they want to try, but I am opposed to mandating anyone take any vaccine, no matter how well proven or how approved.
Steve Rothstein

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 73

Post by RoyGBiv »

Grayling813 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:34 pm A massive surge in COVID vaccine death
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/20 ... eaths.html
Based on the CDC's data, reports of vaccine-related deaths and permanent disabilities have gone up 3,300% and 850% in 2021 (Graph 1). This is even higher than the spike that Revolver posted ten days prior to my query. We are currently only halfway through 2021, so this disparity may double by December.
Some will dismiss this pattern as a "statistical artifact" due to vaccination of older people who were already closer to death. But when the sample is limited to people under 40, their reported death and permanent disability rates surged 3,300% and 1,200%, respectively (Graph 2).
Let's see..... We'll compare previous 5 years of data when nearly nobody was enrolled in VAERS, with the past years data when millions of people enrolled as part of the COVID pandemic. And then we'll present the data in absolute numbers without providing any information about the number of people enrolled that yielded each set of data.

:banghead:

This is a mostly made up example, just to illustrate my point...
Deaths reported in the chart were 124 (average per year) and 4163 (2021 year to date).
If, say, 100,000 people were registered with VAERS and 124 people died, that would be 0.0012 or 0.12%
If, say, 1,000,000 people were registered with VAERS and 124 people died, that would be 0.00012 or 0.012%

Hopefully we can agree that the number of people registered with VARS is DRAMATICALLY higher in 2021 than the previous 5 years???
If, say, 5,000,000 people were registered with VAERS and 4163 people died, that would be 0.0008 or 0.08%
If, say, 10,000,000 people were registered with VAERS and 4163 people died, that would be 0.0004 or 0.04%
If, say, 25,000,000 people were registered with VAERS and 4163 people died, that would be 0.0002 or 0.02%

Conclusion:
1. The article is INTENTIONALLY misleading in the omission of relative numbers of those enrolled vs deaths. So intentionally misleading that it completely discredits itself.
2. Given that the COVID vaccinated population trends much older than a generic 5-year-average vaccinated population would, I would not be surprised that the percentage of vaccinated people who died, relative to the number enrolled in VAERS, is higher today than the previous 5 year average.... But... to claim the absolute number increased by 9,000% without comparing the absolute increase to the number of people enrolled.... is simply clickbait.
3. Whatever sliver of respect I had for AmericanThinker.com before reading this article is now gone.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

RoyGBiv wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:07 am
Grayling813 wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 12:34 pm A massive surge in COVID vaccine death
Based on the CDC's data, reports of vaccine-related deaths and permanent disabilities have gone up 3,300% and 850% in 2021 (Graph 1). This is even higher than the spike that Revolver posted ten days prior to my query. We are currently only halfway through 2021, so this disparity may double by December.
Some will dismiss this pattern as a "statistical artifact" due to vaccination of older people who were already closer to death. But when the sample is limited to people under 40, their reported death and permanent disability rates surged 3,300% and 1,200%, respectively (Graph 2).
Let's see..... We'll compare previous 5 years of data when nearly nobody was enrolled in VAERS, with the past years data when millions of people enrolled as part of the COVID pandemic. And then we'll present the data in absolute numbers without providing any information about the number of people enrolled that yielded each set of data.

Deaths reported in the chart were 124 (average per year) and 4163 (2021 year to date).
If, say, 100,000 people were registered with VAERS and 124 people died, that would be 0.0012 or 0.12%
If, say, 1,000,000 people were registered with VAERS and 124 people died, that would be 0.00012 or 0.012%

Hopefully we can agree that the number of people registered with VARS is DRAMATICALLY higher in 2021 than the previous 5 years???
If, say, 5,000,000 people were registered with VAERS and 4163 people died, that would be 0.0008 or 0.08%
If, say, 10,000,000 people were registered with VAERS and 4163 people died, that would be 0.0004 or 0.04%
If, say, 25,000,000 people were registered with VAERS and 4163 people died, that would be 0.0002 or 0.02%

Conclusion:
1. The article is INTENTIONALLY misleading in the omission of relative numbers of those enrolled vs deaths. So intentionally misleading that it completely discredits itself.
2. Given that the COVID vaccinated population trends much older than a generic 5-year-average vaccinated population would, I would not be surprised that the percentage of vaccinated people who died, relative to the number enrolled in VAERS, is higher today than the previous 5 year average.... But... to claim the absolute number increased by 9,000% without comparing the absolute increase to the number of people enrolled.... is simply clickbait.
3. Whatever sliver of respect I had for AmericanThinker.com before reading this article is now gone.
VAERS is a reporting system that adverse reactions to vaccines are reported- there is no “enrollment” it’s based upon incidents reported.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 105

Post by Paladin »

Lots of people get vaccinated during regular years: During the 2018-2019 flu season, 49.2% of people ages six months and older got a flu vaccine, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)

I'm reading that around 52% of the population has now received at least 1 dose of a COVID vaccine. So annual vaccination numbers may be up by as much as double... but they didn't climb 3300%
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 205

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

My concern about the vaccine is the large number of young people experiencing adverse reactions. It seems to me this totally unnecessary as young people, under 25, have no serious illness after getting China Virus. Many never even know they had it.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Grayling813 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 11:02 am
RoyGBiv wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 8:07 am

Conclusion:
VAERS is a reporting system that adverse reactions to vaccines are reported- there is no “enrollment” it’s based upon incidents reported.
When I got my first shot, I logged in to the VAERS site, registered my mobile and started receiving regular requests to give feedback on any adverse reactions/events. The vaccination paperwork I received at the clinic contained a flyer asking me to register.

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

RoyGBiv wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:58 am
When I got my first shot, I logged in to the VAERS site, registered my mobile and started receiving regular requests to give feedback on any adverse reactions/events. The vaccination paperwork I received at the clinic contained a flyer asking me to register.
Then you did something that was entirely voluntary and likely encouraged whenever any vaccine (or experimental emergency use injection) is administered to a person.

I’d bet most of the people who took the shots didn’t sign up unless they had adverse reactions.

Regardless the number of dead from the experimental injection is significantly higher than the number of dead for ALL vaccines combined over the last 20 years or so.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Grayling813 wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:20 am
RoyGBiv wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:58 am
Then you did something that was entirely voluntary and likely encouraged whenever any vaccine (or experimental emergency use injection) is administered to a person.

I’d bet most of the people who took the shots didn’t sign up unless they had adverse reactions.

Regardless the number of dead from the experimental injection is significantly higher than the number of dead for ALL vaccines combined over the last 20 years or so.
The total number of individuals reporting events into VAERS is, with certainty, way higher than ever before. Therefore, VAERS get more reported deaths, but those deaths are not necessarily caused by the vaccine. The number includes people who died from all causes. There is no link between the vaccine and premature death, except for some well documented cases that are quite rare.

You can believe what you want, but, you'd be wrong.

https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/does- ... 9-vaccines
Reporting even unrelated deaths

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) requires health care providers to report any serious adverse event (including death) that happens after a COVID-19 vaccination – whether or not the provider thinks there is any link. The CDC says, "Health care providers are required to report to VAERS the following adverse events after COVID-19 vaccination…regardless if the reporter thinks the vaccine caused the AE." AE stands for adverse event and includes death.

That means that if a vaccinated person drowns, gets in a car crash or is struck by lightning, their death must be reported to VAERS as an adverse event. Since we've vaccinated over 140 million people in the United States, many deaths will occur coincidentally after vaccination.

As of May 10, there have been 4,434 reports of death following a COVID-19 vaccination to VAERS. Doctors at the CDC review each reported death, looking at death certificates, autopsy and medical records. They have no reason to believe that COVID-19 vaccines cause death.

03Lightningrocks

A Group Of Parents Sent Their Kids' Face Masks to A Lab for Analysis. Here's What They Found

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/scottmore ... mv1Ki96oLA

TxRVer
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TxRVer »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:59 pm
A Group Of Parents Sent Their Kids' Face Masks to A Lab for Analysis. Here's What They Found

My grandkids went to school and daycare the entire year. The one in school had to wear a mask while the other one didn't. With the precautions taken in both facilities, neither one of the kids came down with even a cold this past year. It was the first year that's ever happened.
Charlie

03Lightningrocks

TxRVer wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:43 am

My grandkids went to school and daycare the entire year. The one in school had to wear a mask while the other one didn't. With the precautions taken in both facilities, neither one of the kids came down with even a cold this past year. It was the first year that's ever happened.
That is the same thing that happened with my grand daughter. She was in kindergarten all day every day of the school year. The year before covid, she was always getting stuffy noses, colds and even the flu. My SIL said he almost liked the masks and extra cleaning they did. My bet is that the social distancing, constant hand sanitizing and continual disinfecting of the desks, water fountains and such all combined to do this. I wondered if others experienced the same reduction in colds. She had MAYBE one cold all year.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 105

Post by Paladin »

Thanks!!!

The general public seems to be oblivious to the fact that the outer surface of masks they are wearing are highly contaminated.

Masks should by stored in a bag when not in use. Don't touch the outside. Clean your hands after you touch them. Not a joke.

Dr. Fauci should be doing the world some good explaining this, as it's what every trained medical person knows... but that would be assuming he is here to help.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

03Lightningrocks

Paladin wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:02 pm

Thanks!!!

The general public seems to be oblivious to the fact that the outer surface of masks they are wearing are highly contaminated.

Masks should by stored in a bag when not in use. Don't touch the outside. Clean your hands after you touch them. Not a joke.

Dr. Fauci should be doing the world some good explaining this, as it's what every trained medical person knows... but that would be assuming he is here to help.
From the very start I was saying that people using the cloths masks over and over again were creating far more germs than they were blocking.

srothstein
Posts in topic: 40

Post by srothstein »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:02 am
TxRVer wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:43 amMy grandkids went to school and daycare the entire year. The one in school had to wear a mask while the other one didn't. With the precautions taken in both facilities, neither one of the kids came down with even a cold this past year. It was the first year that's ever happened.
That is the same thing that happened with my grand daughter. She was in kindergarten all day every day of the school year. The year before covid, she was always getting stuffy noses, colds and even the flu. My SIL said he almost liked the masks and extra cleaning they did. My bet is that the social distancing, constant hand sanitizing and continual disinfecting of the desks, water fountains and such all combined to do this. I wondered if others experienced the same reduction in colds. She had MAYBE one cold all year.
I am actually concerned about the extra hand sanitizing and cleaning. It is definitely a short term help in reducing many illnesses. I don't see any way to disagree with that. But is it a good thing in the long term? One of the ways kids improve their immune systems is by the constant exposure to these less deadly diseases. As they develop them, they start building up their immunity to all sorts of related things and I am concerned that this will leave more people with weakened immune systems later in life.

I could be wrong about this, but I believe that it has been demonstrated with food allergies. We know that early exposure to these foods reduces the allergies and that we are seeing a sharp increase in food allergies. It may only be a correlation, but as schools adopted more bans on foods because someone might be allergic, we see those allergies grow. I am convinced the same thing will happen with bacteria and viruses.

And yeah, I know I am not trained in these fields so my opinion isn't worth much. But it doesn't change my concern.
Steve Rothstein

Return to “Off-Topic”