Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 15

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

Post by anygunanywhere »

I am truly amazed at the number of members here who on one hand demand that our 2A rights be respected and defended while on the other hand ignore our right to not get the jab if we make that decision.

What I carry to defend myself is no one's business, not even the government's.

Whether or not I take the jab is no one's business, ESPECIALLY the government's.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 205

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

anygunanywhere wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:48 pm I am truly amazed at the number of members here who on one hand demand that our 2A rights be respected and defended while on the other hand ignore our right to not get the jab if we make that decision.

Whether or not I take the jab is no one's business, ESPECIALLY the government's.
It is not just here that I read people insisting they have some kind of right to force medicine on others, Americans have quickly forgotten that this is suppose to be "the land of the free". It simply amazes me how quick and easy Americans will give up their rights in the name of irrational fear. I did get the vaccination but it is none of my damned business what others choose to do.

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 571

Post by philip964 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:16 pm
anygunanywhere wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:48 pm I am truly amazed at the number of members here who on one hand demand that our 2A rights be respected and defended while on the other hand ignore our right to not get the jab if we make that decision.

It is not just here that I read people insisting they have some kind of right to force medicine on others, Americans have quickly forgotten that this is suppose to be "the land of the free". It simply amazes me how quick and easy Americans will give up their rights in the name of irrational fear. I did get the vaccination but it is none of my damned business what others choose to do.
I agree. I was told many years ago to exercise my immune system by getting vaccines. I did and I have.

But if I was 20 or younger. No way on this Covid shot. But the J and J, maybe. The Rdna shot if I was 20, no way.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 205

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

philip964 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:24 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:16 pm

I agree. I was told many years ago to exercise my immune system by getting vaccines. I did and I have.

But if I was 20 or younger. No way on this Covid shot. But the J and J, maybe. The Rdna shot if I was 20, no way.
I agree on the age thing. If I were under 40 I wouldn't get the shot. The risk reward is simply not there. My great fear is that the government is starting to make noise about forcing this experimental vaccine on children as young as five years old. This crap has to stop immediately! Like any power we give to the government over our lives, they quickly decide to extend it and never give it back.

mayor
Posts in topic: 13

Post by mayor »

Daddio-on-patio wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:28 pm
mayor wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:08 pm
oohrah wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:42 am I'm a scientist. I do my own research. You can find any source on the Internet to bolster your pre-conceived notions that fits your opinion. There is a lot of mis-information floating around. I choose NOT to get my medical information from the internet. It may make you feel good, but it won't protect you. If you do the homework, you find that mostly the only people dying from COVID are those who are not vaccinated. And those who are having to go on ventilators are the ones not vaccinated. There is no coronavirus in the vaccine, and the results have proven largely effective. If you refuse to get vaccinated you are only helping to spread variants, and you are deluding yourself.
M'kay. Where is your published report?
If you accept some personal observation. The EMS agency I am a part of serves a County with 69,000 people that is said to be 38% vaccinated. We have had a recent uptick in COVID cases. Over the last 3 months we averaged 4 enhanced precaution calls per week. Over the last two weeks we have run a total of 37. I have transported 7 of those calls. 5 being confirmed positive prior to calling EMS. 1 was not vaccinated and presented extremely ill. The other 4 (1 Moderna and 3 Phizer), while not feeling well, presented with substantially better vitals with the exception of one that suffered significant ortho-static hypotension. The unvaccinated ended up in ICU. 3 others discharged from the ED. The hypotension patient outcome, which was yesterday, has not been relayed to us.
Sure, anecdotal evidence is as good as scientific research. works for me.
Daddio-on-patio wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:28 pm If by demanding a published report would satisfy you I suppose you are then a champion of global warming, firearms are evil and Biden won the election.
I don't even know what this means.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 73

Post by RoyGBiv »

Paladin wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:38 pm
Ruark wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:43 am The freaking anti-vaxxers are going to destroy everything. 95% of the new infections are unvaccinated, and hospitals are once again filling up. As the virus spreads and spreads, it will continue to mutate and mutate and mutate, until eventually we'll have a variant that is completely resistant to the vaccines. Then we'll be back to Square One. Worse, actually. Nice. GET YOUR FREAKING SHOT!!!!
According to the preliminary data Moderna is the only vaccine effective against Delta variant. Based on historical data we have around 40 days left of this wave of Delta variant. It takes 28 days for the 2 Moderna shots, and another 14 days after that to be considered fully vaccinated.

So if someone went to get Moderna today, they would be fully vaccinated right after the end of this Delta variant wave.

Or they could get an N95/KN95, wear it, and be protected today.

Team Biden knows this and they are playing everyone for fools.
You and I haven't agreed much in this thread, but, we're on the same page here.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Ruark
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Ruark »

According to the preliminary data Moderna is the only vaccine effective against Delta variant.
Sorry, that's wildly incorrect. The Pfizer vaccine is effective as well. If it weren't, then why are 95% of the Delta cases unvaccinated?
-Ruark

cirus
Posts in topic: 13

Post by cirus »

I'm not anti vax I just think it hasn't been studied long enough compared to past vaccines. Also, why is the border wide open? Infected illegals are pouring in and being dropped all over the US at night.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 16

Post by Excaliber »

Ruark wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:02 pm
According to the preliminary data Moderna is the only vaccine effective against Delta variant.
Sorry, that's wildly incorrect. The Pfizer vaccine is effective as well. If it weren't, then why are 95% of the Delta cases unvaccinated?
Because the current CDC protocol is not to test vaccinated people with covid symptoms unless they're hospitalized. Purpose: to keep down the numbers of cases among the vaccinated to make it look like only the unvaccinated are coming down with the virus.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Ruark
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Ruark »

Excaliber wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:45 am
Because the current CDC protocol is not to test vaccinated people with covid symptoms unless they're hospitalized. Purpose: to keep down the numbers of cases among the vaccinated to make it look like only the unvaccinated are coming down with the virus.
Again, totally wrong. Foil hat getting a little loose?
-Ruark

Paladin
Posts in topic: 105

Post by Paladin »

I've posted the data.

Israeli data shows 85% of new COVID Delta infections in Israel are fully vaccinated and that the Israeli vaccinated exceed the unvaccinated in absolute terms in critical cases, hospitalizations, and symptomatic cases. UK announced 60% of the hospitalized were vaccinated, before they retracted their lengthy statement on the subject. Israel and the UK experienced Delta first and we would be wise to learn from their experience.

Gibraltar is 100% vaccinated, so their recent spike in cases is of vaccinated individuals.

There are some preliminary US numbers that show that the unvaccinated are hospitalized more than the vaccinated... to date...
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Excaliber wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:45 am
:banghead:

So..... if.... vaccinated people are such a small minotiry of those hospitalized, then, the vaccine doesn't work because that number isn't zero?

:banghead:

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Paladin wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:01 am
I've posted the data.

Israeli data shows 85% of new COVID Delta infections in Israel are fully vaccinated and that the Israeli vaccinated exceed the unvaccinated in absolute terms in critical cases, hospitalizations, and symptomatic cases. UK announced 60% of the hospitalized were vaccinated, before they retracted their lengthy statement on the subject. Israel and the UK experienced Delta first and we would be wise to learn from their experience.

Gibraltar is 100% vaccinated, so their recent spike in cases is of vaccinated individuals.

There are some preliminary US numbers that show that the unvaccinated are hospitalized more than the vaccinated... to date...
If a country is nearly fully vaccinated, does it not make sense that new cases would be, by definition, breakthrough?

The vaccines provide the best current protection against severe illness and death. /fact

You're welcome to test the fates, risk exposure to Delta, ride it out, and hope you don't get seriously sick, or have long-haul covid and the long-term health issues that come with that. Or, get a vaccine that tens (hundreds?) of millions have taken with relatively few adverse reactions and dramatically reduce your risk of getting severe illness.

:headscratch

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

RoyGBiv wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:49 am
Paladin wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:01 am
I've posted the data.

If a country is nearly fully vaccinated, does it not make sense that new cases would be, by definition, breakthrough?

The vaccines provide the best current protection against severe illness and death. /fact

You're welcome to test the fates, risk exposure to Delta, ride it out, and hope you don't get seriously sick, or have long-haul covid and the long-term health issues that come with that. Or, get a vaccine that tens (hundreds?) of millions have taken with relatively few adverse reactions and dramatically reduce your risk of getting severe illness.

:headscratch
I posted the math... in the 42 days it will take for someone to get fully vaccinated with Moderna... the Delta wave will be over.

I already had Pfizer... and I'm telling you medical professionals: #1 who are fully vaccinated with it are getting sick, #2 are being told to wear their N95 masks, because they are getting sick only wearing surgical masks.

You can choose to follow this guy's advice:

Which will fail, or do what the medical professionals are doing. Your choice. I'm just providing the information.
Last edited by Paladin on Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

The Demo-Bolsheviks Have Settled on their New Strategy
Thomas DiLorenzo

Tucker Carlson nailed it last night. The political strategy of the Demo-Bolsheviks who control the government, the media, and the academic world for the period up to the 2022 congressional elections will be as follows:

- Double down and triple down on the creation of phony “pandemic” statistics that will be endlessly broadcast 24/7 by the Lying Media Scum and the “Tech Giant” communists. More mandatory masks, lockdowns, and COVID police to drum up as much fear and hysteria as possible among Boobus Americanus.
- Blame the fake, phony baloney pandemic on the unvaccinated, who will be uniformly defined as Trump supporters, Republicans, conservatives, and libertarians. They are already calling it a “pandemic of the unvaccinated.”
- Make the argument that, therefore, the Trump supporters, Republicans, conservatives, and libertarians are threatening to kill you, your family, and your friends by going unvaccinated.
- Only keeping Pelosi, Biden, Schumer, Schiff, Fauci, etc. in charge and in power forever can save the country from millions of deaths caused by these social criminals
https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/th ... -strategy/

Return to “Off-Topic”