Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 205

Re: Corona Virus (COVID-19)( SARS-CoV-2) from China: Its going to be bad.

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Paladin wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:48 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:06 pm
RoyGBiv wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:22 pm
Grayling813 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 3:07 pm
RoyGBiv wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:38 am For the rest of you non-vax folks, please, get vaccinated.
No thanks....not taking an experimental shot that's legally not a vaccine yet, has killed more people in 5 months than all the other vaccines in the world combined in the last few years and doesn't prevent anyone from getting infected with the manufactured virus anyway.
But your medical decisions are your own....don't try to coerce others to go along with yours.
As long as you don't give me the stink eye for not wearing a mask, we can amicably agree to disagree. :tiphat:
:iagree: Being vaccinated and wearing a mask is no different than being toilet trained and wearing a diaper. At this point it is nothing but virtue signaling or complete paranoia taking over the soul. I say enough already everyone, take off the masks! They never helped anyway and the issue that created it is done with.
I strongly disagree. N95 masks are the masks that work. My wife has worked with COVID patients since this thing started here and wearing an N95 and properly using it has kept her COVID free. I wear them and have been COVID free as well. The COVID situation is improving substantially, but people are still getting sick and dying.
You are correct about N95 masks...maybe. But 99.99999999% of the people are NOT wearing N95 masks. They are wearing anything from an old T-shirt to a low end chinese paper mask. So my comment is spot on for everybody but the .000000001% who have N95 masks. If a person has been vaccinated, wearing a mask is pointless. I would not wear a band aid over a cut that has healed. Unless we have been lied to and the vaccines don't work. We weren't wearing masks to honor those that died of China Virus. Are we to wear a mask forever? At some point one has to come out of the bomb shelter and rebuild that which has been destroyed by the bombs.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 105

Post by Paladin »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:56 pm
RoyGBiv wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:38 am For the rest of you non-vax folks, please, get vaccinated.
No thanks....not taking an experimental shot that's legally not a vaccine yet, has killed more people in 5 months than all the other vaccines in the world combined in the last few years and doesn't prevent anyone from getting infected with the manufactured virus anyway.
But your medical decisions are your own....don't try to coerce others to go along with yours.
As long as you don't give me the stink eye for not wearing a mask, we can amicably agree to disagree. :tiphat:
:iagree: Being vaccinated and wearing a mask is no different than being toilet trained and wearing a diaper. At this point it is nothing but virtue signaling or complete paranoia taking over the soul. I say enough already everyone, take off the masks! They never helped anyway and the issue that created it is done with.
I strongly disagree. N95 masks are the masks that work. My wife has worked with COVID patients since this thing started here and wearing an N95 and properly using it has kept her COVID free. I wear them and have been COVID free as well. The COVID situation is improving substantially, but people are still getting sick and dying.
You are correct about N95 masks...maybe. But 99.99999999% of the people are NOT wearing N95 masks. They are wearing anything from an old T-shirt to a low end chinese paper mask. So my comment is spot on for everybody but the .000000001% who have N95 masks. If a person has been vaccinated, wearing a mask is pointless. I would not wear a band aid over a cut that has healed. Unless we have been lied to and the vaccines don't work. We weren't wearing masks to honor those that died of China Virus. Are we to wear a mask forever? At some point one has to come out of the bomb shelter and rebuild that which has been destroyed by the bombs.
It is well established that none of the COVID vaccines are 100% effective:
Comparing the three vaccines authorized in the U.S.

Just the other day on ARFCOM someones dad who had been vaccinated died.

Not everyone's risk is the same. Healthy children have little to fear other than spreading the disease to adults. Individuals with certain health conditions and of certain ages do, and it is the smart thing for those individuals to use PPE that works (i.e. N95 masks) to protect themselves in public buildings.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Deitz83
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Deitz83 »

Covid cases have improved in the U.S. However, other countries it is still a big problem. We can't get our customer to travel to Malaysia to complete testing on a new product due to their reluctance and fear of covid. Malaysia has shutdown everything except for some manufacturing. We have over $20 Million dollars held up due to our customer reluctance. I wish they were more like you guys. Just rip the band aid off, get a shot, don't get a shot, wear a mask or don't wear a mask, so that we can get paid.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 73

Post by RoyGBiv »

Deitz83 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:29 am
Covid cases have improved in the U.S. However, other countries it is still a big problem. We can't get our customer to travel to Malaysia to complete testing on a new product due to their reluctance and fear of covid. Malaysia has shutdown everything except for some manufacturing. We have over $20 Million dollars held up due to our customer reluctance. I wish they were more like you guys. Just rip the band aid off, get a shot, don't get a shot, wear a mask or don't wear a mask, so that we can get paid.
I love Malaysia. I'll go! Some of the best food I've eaten, anywhere.
But, I don't have $20M handy. :lol:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

03Lightningrocks

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus- ... f2a4fb93e5

CDC finally admits there is no reason to wear a mask if you have been vaccinated. It is about darned time!!!

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 571

Post by philip964 »

https://citizenfreepress.com/breaking/f ... accinated/

Fauci admits half of CDC employees not vaccinated.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/2021 ... of-racism/

Pandemic exposed undeniable effects of racism say Fauci.

Deaths at 10 month low.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://thenationalpulse.com/exclusive/ ... -function/

Obama meeting in White House with Fauci after moratorium on Gain of Function in US.

Did they discuss paying for it to move to China?

Wuhan Lab Web page deletes Fauci's name as a sponsor.

https://thenationalpulse.com/exclusive/ ... -research/

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/healt ... f494cf283c

Texas completely open for a while now and 0 deaths reported yesterday.

Amazing what a little Trump vaccine will do.

Ruark
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Ruark »

philip964 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 3:42 pm https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/healt ... f494cf283c

Texas completely open for a while now and 0 deaths reported yesterday.

Amazing what a little Trump vaccine will do.
Yeah the last couple of weeks, I've noticed 90% of the "mask required" signs are gone. If there is a sign and you don't wear one, nobody says anything anyway.
-Ruark

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

What's really silly is all this foil hat paranoia about getting the shot. Good heavens, it's just a freaking version of a flu shot for crying out loud. Just get the freaking shot so we can get past this. There's a private school in Miami, for example, that refuses to hire anybody who has had a vaccine shot. They actually believe that you can get seriously ill by simply standing too close to someone who's been vaccinated. Good grief. GET YOUR SHOTS!!
-Ruark

Ruark

Post by Ruark »

An anecdote. Somewhere here in Texas, there was a sheriff's deputy age 37 who tested positive for covid. But he felt fine. Later that evening, he started getting a headache and feeling kind of bad so he and his wife decided to go to the ER. She was getting her purse, the car keys, etc. and getting ready to go, and found him lying dead on the bathroom floor. He never even made it out to the car.
-Ruark

03Lightningrocks

Ruark wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:31 pm An anecdote. Somewhere here in Texas, there was a sheriff's deputy age 37 who tested positive for covid. But he felt fine. Later that evening, he started getting a headache and feeling kind of bad so he and his wife decided to go to the ER. She was getting her purse, the car keys, etc. and getting ready to go, and found him lying dead on the bathroom floor. He never even made it out to the car.
Heart attack brought on by China Virus?

jb2012
Posts in topic: 1

Post by jb2012 »

Ruark wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:23 pm What's really silly is all this foil hat paranoia about getting the shot. Good heavens, it's just a freaking version of a flu shot for crying out loud. Just get the freaking shot so we can get past this. There's a private school in Miami, for example, that refuses to hire anybody who has had a vaccine shot. They actually believe that you can get seriously ill by simply standing too close to someone who's been vaccinated. Good grief. GET YOUR SHOTS!!
You sound like the paranoid one to me? A virus with over 99% survival rate? A vaccine with virtually no long term testing? So I’m the one with a tinfoil hat, as a healthy 27 year old for not injecting chemicals in my body for a virus I have over 99% chance of surviving? Come on man.

Edit: I have not worn a mask for the most part of this ‘pandemic’. I have quarantined with three different people that had the virus, tested negative every time. For the most part I have not changed a thing about my daily life. I go to the gym and lift 4+ days a week without any more sanitary measures than I took pre-covid. I don’t have a perfect diet, but I also don’t drink anything carbonated, very minimal sugar, lots of protein, and I don’t over indulge. Science is showing that living a healthy lifestyle and with decent nutrition and excercise is EXTREMELY effective at preventing transmission, as well as survival rate. I don’t wear a mask unless I absolutely need something that I cannot get without a mask. Pushing all people to get the vaccine is crazy. The only folks that need it possibly are people with major health conditions or the elderly.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

Ruark wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:23 pm What's really silly is all this foil hat paranoia about getting the shot. Good heavens, it's just a freaking version of a flu shot for crying out loud. Just get the freaking shot so we can get past this. There's a private school in Miami, for example, that refuses to hire anybody who has had a vaccine shot. They actually believe that you can get seriously ill by simply standing too close to someone who's been vaccinated. Good grief. GET YOUR SHOTS!!
The J&J is just a flu shot. The others use something I think called rDNA it is something new.

If your old like me, or are overweight or have other issues the Covid could kill you, it’s a no brainer. If your under 30 and in great shape, the shot may be a greater risk than getting the disease. Tough decision.

A friend who attends college, got it a week after arriving in college. Sick a day and a half and it was done. He’s getting the shot as required for fall semester.

Return to “Off-Topic”