Lawn care suggestions...

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 6

Re: Lawn care suggestions...

Post by The Annoyed Man »

cheezit wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:58 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:53 pm
cheezit wrote: Sun Jan 26, 2020 8:51 pm When I worked at the prison farm near magic mountain in cali. We used propane and pushed it in the mole and gopher holes with oxygen then hit an igniter. It may a bit of a boom but you would see the dead mole/gophers fly up 8n the air from the other ends of their tunnels.
I'm not sure the city or hoa would approve of this method however
I don’t have an HOA (and never will), but I don’t know if any of the tunnels run under my foundations, so I’d like to not blow up my house if it’s at all possible. :lol:
Figured you get a kick out of it anyway :lol: . I'm pretty sure you know what prison I'm talking about as well.
Pete's place? :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

This method sounds real similar to a scene from Caddy Shack.

rdcrags
Posts in topic: 1

Post by rdcrags »

Obviously, you have received an abundance of information about lawns. But, I can’t resist emphasizing one thing, based on a lifetime of maintaining my lawns in Houston. We also had an expert on Saturday radio for decades who may have been the same guy already mentioned by others. Because of the questions during the call-ins, he always had to say the same thing over and over. Fertilizer has 3 numbers. The first is nitrogen. Usually, when you buy a bag of fertilizer, that’s the highest number by far on the bag. That allows the lowest price for the bag, and buyers are price conscious. Unfortunately, nitrogen only makes the grass greener. Doesn’t make it grow. He always said: “You want a high middle number. That makes the grass spread and thicken, which is what you should want.” Occasionally, my Home Depot and Lowe’s will have 20-20-20. That’s what you want. As for me, several years ago, I became lazy (lazier?) and started spraying on Miracle Gro. It is faster than spreading granules and covers more evenly.
TX CHL 1997

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

Thanks for all the suggestions everybody. I’ll be starting my lawn regimen this week, as soon as the weather clears.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

#TINVOWOOT

jason812
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jason812 »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:51 pm Thanks for all the suggestions everybody. I’ll be starting my lawn regimen this week, as soon as the weather clears.
Good to hear. I will PM you my address for you to come pick up the rocks you will need. There is a lot of coral and shells embedded so it should make for a pretty yard.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man

jason812 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:44 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:51 pm Thanks for all the suggestions everybody. I’ll be starting my lawn regimen this week, as soon as the weather clears.
Good to hear. I will PM you my address for you to come pick up the rocks you will need. There is a lot of coral and shells embedded so it should make for a pretty yard.
:lol:

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”