Help with novel.

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
BigGuy
Posts in topic: 1

Help with novel.

Post by BigGuy »

I'm starting a new novel that will take place in a small town. I'm looking for somebody who might be interested in beta reading to help me get a small town police depart right. It will be several weeks before I start to write as I'm still doing research on other parts of the book.

Also, has anybody ever seen an actual case where a death appeared to be a murderer, but it was eventually ruled an accident? I'm not interested in a fake suicide, only an accidental death first taken as a murder.

ELB

Re: Help with novel.

Post by ELB »

This sounds sorta close:

Spokane anesthesiologist’s death was accident from alcohol, drug complications, medical examiner says

I'm going to guess they initially thought murder and eventually concluded the old doc died of toxicity and the not-quite-right son then dealt with the body.
USAF 1982-2005

treadlightly

Post by treadlightly »

If you're in the Dallas area, the Dallas Mystery Writers meet the first Saturday of every month at the Olive Garden on Belt Line in Addison. They often have forensics people and retired detectives speak at their meetings.

Best of luck with your writing. I see you've put a lot of effort in. I wish I could match 10% of your productivity.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Send a PM to user “LDB415” on this forum. Pre-reading books and offering editorial commentary is his super power (and his career).
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

MAFWG

Post by MAFWG »

"My days of not taking you seriously are coming to a middle."

Return to “Off-Topic”