Poll. Will you be watching the Super Bowl and Why?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Will you be watching the superbowl and why

I love sports
9%
The commercials
11%
Never again after they took a knee
50%
Other
30%

Total votes: 80

Lena
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Poll. Will you be watching the Super Bowl and Why?

Post by Lena »

Dallas area we will probably watch Lone Star Law as it is filmed around me a lot or hopefully another 3 Stooges Marathon like last year.
Darn sure no football!
Not a fan, never been a fan ..
Most friends GOING TO THE LAKE OR GUN CLUB
Last edited by Lena on Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stay Safe

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 1

Post by treadlightly »

I just realized I don’t know when the Super Bowl happens this year or which teams are playing. No need to enlighten me, I’m fine.

Ruark
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Ruark »

-Ruark

krieghoff

Post by krieghoff »

For years I have given a rats behind about pro football. I personally know a lot of retired NFL players who are friends of mine and they are nothing like todays "stars". Then when the kneeling started, that was the nail in the coffin as far as I was concerned.
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Native Texan
CHL Holder Since 1996

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

I like living life more than watching other people play games.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Yes, sort of, but only because we’ve been invited to a Super Bowl party by our former neighbors. I won’t really be watching the game so much as I’ll be hanging out with old friends. Also, the party starts at 5:00, but I won’t be done playing in church until 6:30, so I’m going to miss part of it anyway.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Ike Aramba

Post by Ike Aramba »

No interest in Faux Americans.
"Eastern European intellectuals, reading 1984 in clandestine editions, were amazed to find that its author had never visited the Soviet Union. How, then, had he captured its mental and moral atmosphere? By reading its propaganda, and by paying attention..."

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

I don’t watch the game, but our cousins here I town throw a big family get-together and we will attend because of THEM, and not because of the NFL.

Full disclosure: I’m not a sports fan anyway. Neither pro nor college, neither football nor baseball nor basketball has ever gotten more than 20 seconds of my attention. Because of that, the NFL lost none of its viewership from my family in the last few years - we never watched anyway.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

mrvmax

Post by mrvmax »

Normally it’s a good time for a trip to PSC since the majority of people are tied up with game related activities. Honestly I’m so far removed from the NFL that even if you paid me I couldn’t tell you who is playing today unless I looked it up.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I have this favorite bowl that we serve beef stew, chili or matzah ball soup in. Is chili a soup? If I eat chili out of it is it still a souper bowl? How about gumbo? Is chili appropriate fare for any given Sunday?
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Mel
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Mel »

Liberty wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:42 am I have this favorite bowl that we serve beef stew, chili or matzah ball soup in. Is chili a soup? If I eat chili out of it is it still a souper bowl? How about gumbo? Is chili appropriate fare for any given Sunday?
Yes, as long as you don't put beans in it! If you like beans in your chili that's fine, but it's no long chili. I agree with Sheldon 100% on this.
Mel
Airworthiness Inspector specializing in Experimental and Light-Sport Aircraft since the last Century.

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

Mel wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:18 am
Liberty wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:42 am I have this favorite bowl that we serve beef stew, chili or matzah ball soup in. Is chili a soup? If I eat chili out of it is it still a souper bowl? How about gumbo? Is chili appropriate fare for any given Sunday?
Yes, as long as you don't put beans in it! If you like beans in your chili that's fine, but it's no long chili. I agree with Sheldon 100% on this.
I am a Yankee transplant and even I wouldn't ever put beans in my chili. I do however serve it over rice or Fritos. and covered with onions and cheese. I think that is still chili. My question still is "Is Chili a soup? and if one does put beans in their chili does that make it soup. and is the dish it is served in a Souper bowl?"
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

philip964
Posts in topic: 4

Post by philip964 »

https://www.thebarbedwiresatire.com/nfl ... home-game/

NFL denies 49’s request to litter the field with poop and syringes to make it feel more like a home game.

Jason Todd

Post by Jason Todd »

Not watching. I'm not a Bernie Sanders supporter.
the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed

Texas_Blaze

Post by Texas_Blaze »

I watch everything but the commercials & halftime show.
Distinguished author of opinions and pro bono self proclaimed internet lawyer providing expert advice on what you should do and believe on all matters of life.

Return to “Off-Topic”