Another Walmart Shooting

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 3

Another Walmart Shooting

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Suspect dead after active shooter situation inside Forrest City, Arkansas Walmart; 2 officers shot

https://www.wmcactionnews5.com/2020/02/ ... rest-city/

papabear

Re: Another Walmart Shooting

Post by papabear »

I just don't go to wal mart.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 5

Post by longtooth »

I bet they spend big $$s every year keeping these out of the news. I usta teach in class they were one of the most dangerous places the ladies can shop.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

papabear

Post by papabear »

I remember

Topic author
03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

longtooth wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:38 pm I bet they spend big $$s every year keeping these out of the news. I usta teach in class they were one of the most dangerous places the ladies can shop.
I can believe it. There are always seedy looking fellows in those places. Not to mention the scum that wait for easy victims headed through the parking lot.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:45 pm
longtooth wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:38 pm I bet they spend big $$s every year keeping these out of the news. I usta teach in class they were one of the most dangerous places the ladies can shop.
I can believe it. There are always seedy looking fellows in those places. Not to mention the scum that wait for easy victims headed through the parking lot.
I have not been able to understand it really but SAMS does not at all seen to have the same problem. Angelina County, Lufkin, SAMS is just bout 250yds entry door to entry door from WM. I have never seen a panhandler in SAMS parking lot. Cant remember ever a crime report of shoplifting. I have used the greater parking lot in that center to walk when I was loosing weight. (It is easy to get a 1 mile circle in that center.) Don't ever remember seeing Lufkin PD in there parking area or hearing them mentioned on nightly news or in the daily crime report in the paper. I am sure they have some but for sure NOTHING like WM. Maybe "Membership" really does make some character and integrity difference.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 1

Post by chasfm11 »

longtooth wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:42 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:45 pm
I have not been able to understand it really but SAMS does not at all seen to have the same problem. Angelina County, Lufkin, SAMS is just bout 250yds entry door to entry door from WM. I have never seen a panhandler in SAMS parking lot. Cant remember ever a crime report of shoplifting. I have used the greater parking lot in that center to walk when I was loosing weight. (It is easy to get a 1 mile circle in that center.) Don't ever remember seeing Lufkin PD in there parking area or hearing them mentioned on nightly news or in the daily crime report in the paper. I am sure they have some but for sure NOTHING like WM. Maybe "Membership" really does make some character and integrity difference.
:iagree: In Lewisville, the WM and Sam's Club are next door to each other. My head is on a swivel when I approach either one but the people who might take my focus from yellow to orange never appear in front of Sam's. There are plenty of orange "opportunities" both in the parking lot and in the building at WM. I rarely (not never) see that interesting apparel at the Sam's that is a constant at the WM. Just a few miles away is a WM in Highland Village. There, I have never seen anything that I needed to watch. I'm guessing that the surrounding community is a factor. Lewisville has a 2nd WM on Round Grove road. That one is sort of a mix. Mostly, it is like the Highland Village store but not always. I prefer to think of some who hang in the parking lots as "interesting characters". All that said, I've never personally been approached at any of them. I park out - where I get a clear view approaching my van on return and walk with a sense of purpose. I stare back at anyone who seems to be watching me.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

:iagree: with all of the above. We don't have the abundance of WMs that you do. I live outta Huntington, a little town bout 15 miles from Lufkin. Next closest WM to us is Nacogdoches. 25miles +/-. That one is rough too.

GeekwithaGun
Posts in topic: 2

Post by GeekwithaGun »

There is shoplifting at our WM multiple times a week if not daily. some are caught leaving, some are not, but have pictures of them. I notices a SO stand (not sure what to call it, a standalone platform raised high, in the parking lot this weekend. Lot's of "interesting" people to be sure.
NRA Life Member

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

I wish we had a better choice here. I definitely don't want the big city population at all. Lufkin (37K) and Angelina Co. (still just under 90K) is really too big to suit me. This may be the best deal going for small country town living. BUT, our choices are WM, Brookshire Brothers, and HEB. There is not even an Independent in Lufkin.
HEB is in a rough part of town and no better at all than WM. After dark I consider WM less of a possible bad deal than HEB. I will really be thankful when HEB gets their new store. For me then it will be a real viable option to look at even though it is 30.07, - No OC. There is no way I would ever go there now if it was 30.06 and no carry at all.
WM here has never batted an eye. Standing in the WM checkout line wife often engages in conversation w/ other ladies about carry, my OC, and they never know she has hers concealed unless they ask.
Brookshire Brothers has several stores in Lufkin and there is one in Huntington. They are NOTICABLY higher on prices even for a man to see. Quality of their fruit is not near up to par w/ WM or HEB. Also, after I had that nasty ol cancer (past tense, HAD, 13.5 yrs and still undetectable) my diet had to change drastically. B-bros don't have much at all and what they do have is a good half again higher than WM.

Bottom line is, bad as I hate to say it, WM is bout our choice here for a lot of stuff. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
What she can buy in "bulk" she does a lot at the SAMS.

papabear

Post by papabear »

Ar brookshires in Corrigan is good store and good people.

KC5AV

Post by KC5AV »

One of the three (3!!!) WM stores in Longview has a reserved parking spot for Longview PD right next to the door.
The third store was opened a few years ago when some of the locals complained about having to drive all the way across town to shoplift.
NRA lifetime member

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Sam's is dangerous this time of year....Girl Scout cookies! :biggrinjester:

I agree that Sam's seems to attract less worrisome individuals hanging around the store.

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

KC5AV wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 12:12 pm One of the three (3!!!) WM stores in Longview has a reserved parking spot for Longview PD right next to the door.
The third store was opened a few years ago when some of the locals complained about having to drive all the way across town to shoplift.
Same with the one in Little Elm. Figure they must get at least a handfull of shoplifting calls a day.

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

The Hickory Creek (Denton County) WM has just installed some interesting gates inside the store. I guess they don't open OUT, so that shoplifters can't exit with carts full of stolen goods. They DO allow you to enter the store with your cart. Has anyone else seen these in their local WM's?

Not lately, but many times Hickory Creek PD will park a "ghost car" outside WM's front door. It's a HCPD marked unit, but it is empty - just parked there to scare off thieves.

A female friend of mine had her wallet stolen in this store some years ago. Two guys engaged her in conversation. One of them lifted her wallet from out of her purse, which was in the cart, under a lot of shirts. She alerted the WM staff right away, who were dopes and didn't call 911 right away, with some lame excuse for their inaction.

I have to laugh when I hear some people don't carry because they don't go anywhere dangerous. Heck, if you go to your bank, WM, C-store, or gas station, believe us, you are going someplace that is potentially dangerous.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Return to “Off-Topic”