My new EDC Load out

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Tex1961
Posts in topic: 5

My new EDC Load out

Post by Tex1961 »

IMG_3933.jpeg

Vol Texan
Posts in topic: 1

Re: My new EDC Load out

Post by Vol Texan »

I think you missed one!

Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Nuts

Post by Nuts »

Lol. Where’s your face mask, gloves and condoms. Can’t be too safe.

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

@vol texan .... Good one..

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Tex1961 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:35 pm IMG_3933.jpeg
I just want to know where you found hand sanitizer. I can't find it anywhere!

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:15 pm
That’s been in my medicine closet for a while

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Tex1961 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:20 pm
It is worth it's weight in gold. I found a partial bottle in the saddle bags of my Harley. Used it up already.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I bought this t-shirt a couple of days ago:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

parabelum

Post by parabelum »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:56 pm I bought this t-shirt a couple of days ago:

Where did you get at TAM?

boxermoose

Post by boxermoose »

SRO1911 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:59 pm So, I'll share a little sewer wisdom.
To sanitize large areas, or solid surfaces - windshield de-icer. Most of them are a mix of methyl alcohol and ethylene glycol. This time of year, they're cheap - Walmart or AutoZone or Napa store brands all the same.
I would not suggest frequent hand cleaning with it, alcohol is hygroscopic - it will strip the moisture out of your skin (that's how it kill things) but it's plenty safe to use on everything else.
It's cheaper than Lysol, and at least when dealing with sewer work - its higher pressure and volume spray doubles as a bit of a pressure wash.
I believe it’s got to be the -30 rated stuff, which is harder to find in the more Southerly locations

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

Tex1961 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:20 pm
Oh Hoarding!!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

boxermoose wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:41 am
SRO1911 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:59 pm So, I'll share a little sewer wisdom.
To sanitize large areas, or solid surfaces - windshield de-icer. Most of them are a mix of methyl alcohol and ethylene glycol. This time of year, they're cheap - Walmart or AutoZone or Napa store brands all the same.
I would not suggest frequent hand cleaning with it, alcohol is hygroscopic - it will strip the moisture out of your skin (that's how it kill things) but it's plenty safe to use on everything else.
It's cheaper than Lysol, and at least when dealing with sewer work - its higher pressure and volume spray doubles as a bit of a pressure wash.
I believe it’s got to be the -30 rated stuff, which is harder to find in the more Southerly locations
Not to be confused with windshield washer fluid. The stuff that removes bugs and grime with the windshield wipers. De icer comes in a spray can and useful for softening solid ice keyhole locks
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

Flying in essentials now:

Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Topic author
Tex1961

Post by Tex1961 »

Ok... So I'm no novelist nor do I claim to be witty.... But I had some free time this morning and decided to work on my first tactical defense class syllabus....

Enjoy.. Pan it, put it up for a Razzi..... But I hope at least you get a quick chuckle...

Tactical Defense at a Walmart Grocery pickup lane and stopping power of Charmen 3 ply.

Price: $95.00 (or 500 rounds of 9mm ammunition)

Class Highlights

SITUATIONAL AWARENESS - We will discuss identifying potential threat. Discussion will include…
Watching for those walking with a distinct sore butt issue… We would identify that person as one who ran out of toilet paper and mistakenly used leaves covered in poison ivy.
Wringing hands…. A solid indicator that they ran out of antibacterial lotion and used lighter fluid which burned their hands.
Walking in a crouched manner…. The K rations that were stored in the attic were not consumable but they ate them anyway.

NEGOTATION - Is your life really worth that box of Captain Crunch ?

It’s recommended to always have a 6 pack of power bars and a small case of water ready. If you can, offer both as quick negotiation tool to help calm down the situation.. At worst, you can roll the bottles across the parking lot in the hope that the bad guy will turn and try to chase them down which should give you time to finish signing your name to the Walmart iPhone app to verify your old enough to purchase all of that wine you bought.

PROACTIVE DEFENSE -

While we have identified multiple possible defensive scenarios here. We felt that we should only concentrate on those few that would be most effective in this situation.

Immediately hold up a 12 pack of Charmen 3 ply using your weak hand. We recommend that you hold it out away from your body at least 1 foot… This should give you at least a 10 second lead time to draw your weapon while the bad guy stares and drools over the offering.
Shouting as loud as you can… I AM INFECTED. Again this tactic is good for stunning the bad guy for approximately 10 seconds which should give ample time to draw your self defense weapon.

The above points and many others will be discussed in the class. It is recommend that you bring paper, pen, face mask and sneeze guards… Extra points will be given to those who bring extra latex gloves…..

Return to “Off-Topic”