First US State Lockdown

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 2

First US State Lockdown

Post by carlson1 »

Seen this on Fox News, but this is the first source I found. Can’t wait to see how it works out.

https://kmph.com/news/local/lockdown-en ... lace-order
The Governor calls the situation "fluid", and says the order is necessary now because of new projections that show how many people might be infected.

He calls this an "open ended" order and says he will not put a time frame on how long it could last. He says the next eight weeks are critical for controlling the spread of the virus.

jason812

Re: First US State Lockdown

Post by jason812 »

The Governor says more than half of all Californians could, eventually, be infected with the Coronavirus. He says 56% of people living in the state will get it, which would be more than 20-million people.
Wuhan has what, 12 million people? How come 6 million of them do not have this? What makes people in Commiefornia more susceptible than people in China?

Be interesting to see how the state will enforce this.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

what on earth does "overly focus" even mean? do we want to know?
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

parabelum
Posts in topic: 1

Post by parabelum »

jason812 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:53 pm
The Governor says more than half of all Californians could, eventually, be infected with the Coronavirus. He says 56% of people living in the state will get it, which would be more than 20-million people.
Wuhan has what, 12 million people? How come 6 million of them do not have this? What makes people in Commiefornia more susceptible than people in China?

Be interesting to see how the state will enforce this.
Liberalism and skinny jeans of course.

crazy2medic

Post by crazy2medic »

When this hits the homeless population, it'll be bad!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

n5wmk

Post by n5wmk »

crazy2medic wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:12 am When this hits the homeless population, it'll be bad!
:iagree:

Yep - I've been saying this for a while.
EDC CZ 2075 RAMI
NRA Benefactor Life Member
USAF 1972-1980
Texas A&M -1980-1984

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

n5wmk wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:51 am
crazy2medic wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:12 am When this hits the homeless population, it'll be bad!
:iagree:

Yep - I've been saying this for a while.
Already is mess if you ask me.
https://www.gov.ca.gov/2020/03/18/gover ... -covid-19/
Governor Newsom Takes Emergency Actions & Authorizes $150 Million in Funding to Protect Homeless Californians from COVID-19

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

I was hoping that CA was going to a full LOCK-UP!!!! Especially, the hollywood elite celebrities.
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

SewTexas wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:42 pm what on earth does "overly focus" even mean? do we want to know?
That is California speak for "concentrate"
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

ELB

Post by ELB »

OneGun wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:42 am I was hoping that CA was going to a full LOCK-UP!!!! Especially, the hollywood elite celebrities.
I think we should assist Governor Newsom's order by building a wall on the eastern California border. A permanent wall. With no gates.
USAF 1982-2005

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

California Governor seeking full dicatorship status. Somehow he'll end up blaming the resulting chaos on Trump.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I think NY also announced this earlier this morning. My BIL said that he'd heard somewhere that Texas was considering it. I'm more than a little interested in the legality and or enforcement of such an order for a person that is not infected.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Jusme

Post by Jusme »

This a calculated effort to be able to do things, one, authorize the confiscation of guns in the interest of public safety. Two, it’s a money grab. If you have effectively shut down all means of commerce, you can go to the head of the line for Federal funds. Guess where that money goes?

These are unenforceable, unworkable, and unnecessary. Any doubt why two of the most left leaning States, are trying to implement this. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

jason812

Post by jason812 »

Add Illinois to the list. Maybe Chicago's murder rate will go down.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

comsec

Post by comsec »

Reading between the lines here, the community infection rates are being revealed by the ramp up in the RT-qPCR testing in Texas. I think it is a high probability we will see a lockdown in Texas very shortly, even this afternoon.

4th and 5th largest metro areas in CONUS, Texas will likely follow suit behind , CA, NY, and IL.

Working from home, the wife and I have pretty much been following this in spirit already.

Extraordinary threats require extraordinary measures. I wish this was not necessary but a sober examination of the infection curve says otherwise.

Keep your powder dry,

Craig

Return to “Off-Topic”