Carrollton 19y Woman "spreading" Covid?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Carrollton 19y Woman "spreading" Covid?

Post by C-dub »

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/coronavirus ... 9/2345999/

The police do not know if she has really tested positive or not. They have identified her and are looking for her. They went to her home and she wasn't there, but her family is cooperating with the police for now.

The next question is what happens when she coughs on someone before or after telling them she has covid and they shoot her? Her actions are being declared as a terrorist threat. I doubt shooting her, even if attempted to wound her to keep her from fleeing, would be considered legal. What say you experts?
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Jusme
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Carrollton 19y Woman "spreading" Covid?

Post by Jusme »

I doubt that coughing on someone would constitute an imminent threat. Until this ridiculous response, to a virus with a less than 1% mortality rate, coughing, sneezing, spitting, etc did not constitute the use of a deadly force response, I don’t see where anyone would have legal footing to respond with deadly force. Secondly, what would it accomplish, after the fact? The potential threat can no longer be considered continuing. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

They can be charged under TPC §22.07.
A person commits the offense of Terroristic Threat if he or she threatens to commit any offense involving violence to any person or property with the intent to place a person in fear of imminent serious bodily injury.
Sep 15, 2017
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Keith B
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Keith B »

And she was https://www.fox4news.com/news/carrollto ... oronavirus
CARROLLTON, Texas - Carrollton police have arrested an 18-year-old who posted on social media that she tested positive for COVID-19 coronavirus and is “willfully spreading it.”

Lorraine Maradiaga, 18, is charged with making a terroristic threat, a third-degree felony. She turned herself in on Tuesday morning after widespread media coverage the past two days.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I just can't figure what on earth is going through these peoples minds. Between all the people licking containers in stores, opening bottles and drinking from them and then a 65 year old man coughing and spitting on produce in a grocery store, it is hard to decide which one I want to beat the devil out of the most.

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

OneGun

Post by OneGun »

She deserves a long prison sentence regardless if she is actually afflicted. Make an example out if her and demonstrate the consequences of stupidity!
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

Jail isn't the answer. Probation with conditions. Take away her privileges (not rights!) to access internet/social media/etc for an extended period of time while undergoing counseling for the underlying issues that led her to behave in such a manner. Once she actually understands that acting out in that manner is both immature and irresponsible, then make her talk to others about why they shouldn't do it either.
After a few years of responsible behavior, counseling and her actively speaking out to her peers about not committing such acts, then allow monitored use of internet/social media.

Unfortunately, our society doesn't allow for public caning of people who commit stupid, irresponsible actions.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

There's also this inherent problem:

Her rollercoaster stopped climbing part of the way up.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Topic author
C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Maybe a hundred hours in a morgue/mortuary/funeral home where there are covid deaths being processed? That might bring a little seriousness right up front for her.

gtolbert09

Post by gtolbert09 »

$20000 bail and required 21 days quarantined by her self as a condition of bail.
USAF 1983-1994
NRA LifeTime Member
TSRA Member

Return to “Off-Topic”